From banned... to shlammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
From banned... to shlammed

in the last week, i've finished school for the year, started work, and got my k-sports on finally
just got them on last night, so i have a few pics, gonna get some nicer ones up when there is a nice day and time to take them
but shouldn't take aslong as some members here take to post pics

for anyone that is interested, they were put on at the honda dealership that my brother works at in my city.
the install took 3 hours, cuz the mechanic had a little trouble with the backs
cost me 90 bucks, and i'm gonna go for an alignment soon, just need to maybe dump the back a little more, or raise the fronts
enjoy, and all comments are welcome
btw, sorry for the pics, it was like 11 at night, and my casio really sucks at night

Last edited by mitch14; 05-05-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Custom User Title

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
how back-breaking is the ride?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks sexy
Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
LMAO!!! @ Thread title!
Haha, looks sweet Mitch! Now get some wheels!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Drifting

Very nice Mitch...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Love the stance mitch, blurry pics, don't come back till you have good pics
Old 05-05-2009, 10:51 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Originally Posted by Gnate
how back-breaking is the ride?
^not at all. the only complaint i have, is it is a little bouncier than i was expecting, like over humps in the roads etc..
but other than that, like bumps, small potholes etc... it feels basically the same as stock.
my brother said this stuff is probably due to me being on stock wheels and tires since i have so much sidewall that it soaks up the bumps and also causes most of the bouncing action

Originally Posted by f22vtec
looks sexy
thank you sir

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
LMAO!!! @ Thread title!
Haha, looks sweet Mitch! Now get some wheels!
^thanks, i thought some of you guys would get a good laugh out of it
...and this is a decision in my mind right now. On one hand i want to get wheels cuz it would really complete the car and make it look/ride a lot better
...on the other hand it'll cost a lot of money, which i am trying to save for a newer car next.
Also i like having the big sidewall so i don't have to worry a lot about bending a rim etc..
And my job this summer will probably involve a lot of highway driving, and probably to construction zones. almost 200km round trip daily, most likely

decisions decsions..., i think unless i find a set of really nice set of wheels, exactly what i'm looking for, i'm just gonna ride on stockies, i don't wanna comprimise... and i'm pretty picky with wheels

Originally Posted by mattastick
Very nice Mitch...
^thank you sir, i know you will surpass me in mods soon tho, if you haven't already

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Love the stance mitch, blurry pics, don't come back till you have good pics
^thanks, and i don't like the stance yet really, the back is a little too high, i think the front is just right tho... i thought it was too low when i first saw it, but the look of the wheels tucked into the fenders has already grown on me in one day, and i love it now
and hey, atleast i have pics, unlike other members on this site
and why would you say that to me, me and you are always the two to get mad at ppl for not posting pics, i haven't said a thing about my k-sports on here untill i had them installed and some pics, which has been a long time, lol

and as promised the new pics, some are pretty good, again, later in the day, crappy camera...
but here you go

i would've taken more pics here if the security car didn't show up, i didn't really feel like getting hassled

and finally my artistic approaches

Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your clearance on the front tires looks close. I hope you don't hit any holes while turning. Also be careful when you get wheels/tires. Wheels up tires down =)
Old 05-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mitch14

^thank you sir, i know you will surpass me in mods soon tho, if you haven't already
If I haven't yet, I'm pretty sure this summer will take me past you... I got plans...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Originally Posted by Josh99CL
Your clearance on the front tires looks close. I hope you don't hit any holes while turning. Also be careful when you get wheels/tires. Wheels up tires down =)
^not too bad, at fully turned it's still got a figer gap between the tire and the fender/fender liner. it helps that the wheels are tucked further inside the fenders than they appear in most of the pics.
and it does rub a little, only under hard cornering, or when getting out of my driveway
and all potholes shall be avoided, the somewhat flat cornering ability of the cl now has helped with my pothole swerving abilities

Originally Posted by mattastick
If I haven't yet, I'm pretty sure this summer will take me past you... I got plans...
^yeah, only small mods for me, just comfort/finishing touches for me really.
i don't plan on spending a lot more on the cl, the suspension was already pushing it
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by mitch14
^thanks, and i don't like the stance yet really, the back is a little too high, i think the front is just right tho... i thought it was too low when i first saw it, but the look of the wheels tucked into the fenders has already grown on me in one day, and i love it now
and hey, atleast i have pics, unlike other members on this site
and why would you say that to me, me and you are always the two to get mad at ppl for not posting pics, i haven't said a thing about my k-sports on here untill i had them installed and some pics, which has been a long time, lol
I have pics of my car lowered

As for the stance, I agree the back needs to come down a tiny bit, but I just love a CL with no wheelgap, that's what I meant by that. I was just ing with you because the pics were blurry, years ago when I posted blurry pics of my CF hood, I was crucified, nothing personal Glad the ksports ride good, I'm so anxious to put my d2's on
Old 05-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
nice. i think these are the first pics ive ever seen of your car, black CLs ftw.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Low and Slow

drop looks good
Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Drifting

every time he pokes fun at members not posting pictures.. all i can think of is starboy lol
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice!

POST 2000!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
wow looks great. I want my car to be an inch lower just to look like that. Need to get my energy suspension hyperflex kit and some inner/outer tie rods n i'm in there.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I have pics of my car lowered
...I was just ing with you because the pics were blurry, years ago when I posted blurry pics of my CF hood, I was crucified, nothing personal Glad the ksports ride good, I'm so anxious to put my d2's on
yeah i didn't mean you in that statement, reading back it kind sounded like that with the way i worded it, and i know you're not a person to hold out on pics
...i thought i'd tease some ppl for a little bit, since so many people have teased us in the past with threads and no pics...
and i can't wait to see pics of your cl up and running (or should i say down and running, pun intended, but horribly lame)

Originally Posted by South Jersey CL
nice. i think these are the first pics ive ever seen of your car, black CLs ftw.
^thanks Steve
...yeah i don't post a lot of pics, cuz it is stock, except paint, suspension, and system.
and i don't really feel like cluttering up threads with my cl that looks exactly like a stock one would, so i've only posted a few exterior pics in the flamenco black thread and a couple others
and thanks, but black sapphire metallic cl's FTMFW(which is only me and starboy2nv i believe, and we all know the status on his pics) starboy, but i do wanna see your paint soon

Originally Posted by YtseJammer
drop looks good
^thanks Sam, been waiting so long for it

Originally Posted by Anhedonia
every time he pokes fun at members not posting pictures.. all i can think of is starboy lol
^he posts pics, just takes awhile, and he is doing a lot more than other people are, i just hope i still have the cl when he posts completed pics
but there is some members that start threads and never finish them, which is stupid... like shouldn't there be a k dropped into a cl already?

Originally Posted by Dicorp
nice!
POST 2000!
^thanks man... and i see a postcount of 1,999 under your name, lol

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
wow looks great. I want my car to be an inch lower just to look like that. Need to get my energy suspension hyperflex kit and some inner/outer tie rods n i'm in there.
^thanks Chris
and i'm sure you could go lower, and it's still got a finger gap when the steering wheel is fully cranked, which is not really low by some people's standards...
i...might go lower yet...in the front... it's still my dd, and lots of highway driving this year, so i'm gonna wait to see what i'm gonna have to drive on first for work before i decide if i should lower it a little more
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i wish i was that low....
Old 06-02-2009, 02:32 AM
Racer

looks great mitch, and thats a fucking great deal

i'd pay $90 to have my 2 days of work back LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 AM
N00berator

lmao @ the title....

looks "slamming".... :walks away before anyone boos at him:
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Originally Posted by hybridnrg
i wish i was that low....
your display pic looks like you're pretty low there

Originally Posted by irresponsiblekid
looks great mitch, and thats a fucking great deal

i'd pay $90 to have my 2 days of work back LOL
thanks
and yeah, i didn't really feel like attempting it myself
plus my car was kinda rusty before, so i would hate to try and remove any of those bolts with standard garage tools

Originally Posted by MoSp33d
lmao @ the title....

looks "slamming".... :walks away before anyone boos at him:
^
no one boos at you Mo, they just :shakehead

oh yeah and for anyone looking to go that low, it may be a problem, my fronts look to be rubbing on my fender liners, just in a couple places, but have ground those places right down to the shiney metal
maybe just from turns and highspeed bumps, i'm gonna decrease the dampening and see if that helps...
the backs are on full hard, and the fronts are two turns from full hard right now btw
Old 06-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Old School Ridin Clean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol...at mospeed
Old 06-05-2009, 10:23 AM
i-vtec soo good

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the drop looks so good