you guys gotta get some faith

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 03:20 AM
Ham Sandwich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys gotta get some faith

all these ppl selling their cl's, ragging on how slow they are.. seriously.. i WISH i still had a cl.. i'd trade this civic for a cl any day.. cl's are amazing cars in general.. sure the 2.x isn't fast.. but shit man.. with 2k on a budget you could make it 200hp.. and if your considering buying a fucking infiniti.. for 30 semod dollars... put 20k into an h22a and turbo, you'll blow the doors right the hell off anything on the road.. if you guys said hey i'm tired of the cl.. or hey the actual body/interior of the car dosn't do it for me.. fine.. but don't say its slow and go spend 3 times what the cars worth to have something 50hp faster.. just be gracious for what car you have, and drop the cash to make it fast.. everyone knows my doors open (on here, aim, email) for any type of motor swap questions, where to get it done, prices.. everything.. i still haven't seen someone actually put an h22a into a cl yet.. GET MOVING ON IT
Old 03-16-2002, 07:27 AM
Scooby Guru

Wanna buy mine then?

Actually, even if my CL was fast, I still don't think I'd be completely in love with it. I'm not a big fan of FWD... this is my first FWD car that I've really spent a lot of time with, and even the wife is insisting that the next car has RWD or AWD. Also, the steering, handling, etc are missing that "enthusiast" feel that can't be fixed by modding the car.

Yes, you can make the CL go fast (in a straight line) for cheap, but it's still not an enthusiast car. And you can make a Civic or a Mustang go faster for cheaper. And the Civic could run circles around any of them if the road has any turns.

I don't mean to rag on CL's or sound like a snob... like other people said, it's a wonderful family or personal car to reliably get you from place to place with a touch of luxury and sportiness. It's a nice platform for the show scene if a big drop and 18 inches are your thing. Unfortunately, I'm not really into any of those things.
Old 03-16-2002, 07:59 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I guess it's all in what you want from your car. My CL pretty much gives me what I want. I would love some more speed, but am satisfied to this point (more mods to come).

It helps to be happy with your car! If you're not happy, then it's time for something else.

I love my CL!
Old 03-16-2002, 08:53 AM
What can I get ya?

We need a turbo/supercharger kit for the 3.0. I think it would be just about complete then, (accept for a 6-speed.)
Old 03-16-2002, 12:24 PM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey f0de if you and ur buddys want a test car to drop a h22 in just let me know!!! hahaha i'll take 200 ponys

MaCe
Old 03-16-2002, 12:25 PM
No Too Fast, No Too Slow.

Yes, you can make the CL go fast (in a straight line) for cheap, but it's still not an enthusiast car. And you can make a Civic or a Mustang go faster for cheaper. And the Civic could run circles around any of them if the road has any turns.
I don't agree with this....I've raced almost every civic around town and none of them is better than me on curves (stock shocks) Maybe it's just me...I've been racing civic's doing 120mph and switch lanes on curves in almost a 90 degree angle. I guess they just get scare or something b/c that's when I really beat the crap out of civics and almost everyone I've raced against. Yesterday I decided to try something new....when I was getting to work, the street where it's located is almost 1/4 mile long, I was doing 80mph and started slowing down, went down to 60mph and down shifted to 2nd gear and applied the e-brakes, that was right in front of the factory entrance so I turned to the left and swurved, let go of the e-brake and hit the gas....man I did a 90 degree turn doing 50 mph...All I can say is that it was fun but I would never try this again.... This is why I can't agree with this.....If a civic can do that with such a light weight and not flip over then proof it.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:25 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
What I plan on doing now that I'm still in High School is go just for looks...then next year in college i'm gonna work to get the money for the h22...but if i get lucky during the summer I'll have enough money to buy the h22 then..so in august I should have the money for the h22 if I save right...

CL'S
Old 03-16-2002, 02:51 PM
Ham Sandwich

you can make a cl pretty much anything, autoX.. drift car.. straight line car.. whatever.. if you put a stock h22a in it and upgraded the suspension the car will handle like no other and be fast.. i'm a honda guy so i guess its different for me.. i'd rather work with less and make more
Old 03-16-2002, 03:09 PM
Scooby Guru

Hey clxtreme... ever consider that racing down the highway is just a test of who has the bigger balls? In a track/autox situation, I don't see how a 2200lb Civic with 180hp can be beat by a bigger, 3000lb CL with 200hp. On some of the tighter autox courses, I don't see how a H22 190hp CL can beat a well setup 127hp Civic EX.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:39 PM
Ham Sandwich

its all about the driver and what he's accustomed to.. i beat my fair share of all types of cars with the cl and a STOCK motor.. big juicy shot of nitrous too
Old 03-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

I'm with Fode, show me as fast a car as a CL with anywhere near as nice an interior, and one off good looks to boot, for less, I wanna see it! I've driven other cars, none get the complements this one does.
Old 03-16-2002, 05:44 PM
2002 NBA Champs!!!

Re: you guys gotta get some faith

ok f0de Tell me how I can make my 3.0 much faster with our horrible tranny? no supercharger or turbo avaiable and even if there was I can go back to the tranny complaint. I heard lvl10 was having problems or getting sued, something liek that. Is there a way to make the tranny good, strong? or is there a tranny you could buy and put it in the cl? I like my CL but I am debating to sell it and get a 96 impala because I also love that car and it is easier to mod wont have as good of handling though. any thought advice? im just afraid to do mods when I hear about the bad tranny.
Old 03-17-2002, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by RidinLow
Hey clxtreme... ever consider that racing down the highway is just a test of who has the bigger balls? In a track/autox situation, I don't see how a 2200lb Civic with 180hp can be beat by a bigger, 3000lb CL with 200hp. On some of the tighter autox courses, I don't see how a H22 190hp CL can beat a well setup 127hp Civic EX.
Well..I guess it's just me. I don't care much about the track, although I can bet anything that if that was my cl with the h22a and I was racing a civic on the track, the driver of the civic better know how and when to shift..(eventhough that wasn't gonna help much)...Plus, if they can't beat me on the street with what I have now, they should think twice before messing with me if I had a h22a. Im more of a street racer, you know, drive around, find someone, race them, if they have a fast car and they know how to use it, how to handle any situation with traffic and light and willing to take risks, good, if not they are dead meat. My friend and I raced a Porsche the other night, the guy messed up shifting and we beat him...We knew the car was faster than my friend's car but look at what happed. Thats what counts when you race out on the streets not 1/4 mile.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:54 AM
Scooby Guru

Well, I just hope you grow up one day before you kill someone (or yourself). Track racing is fine, organized street racing in industrial areas is okay, but doing stupid shit in traffic is, well, stupid. I could go on, but I won't.
Old 03-17-2002, 01:58 PM
Power of Dreams

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RidinLow
Well, I just hope you grow up one day before you kill someone (or yourself). Track racing is fine, organized street racing in industrial areas is okay, but doing stupid shit in traffic is, well, stupid. I could go on, but I won't.
Couldn't of said it any better.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:28 PM
Ham Sandwich

i won't get started on my thoughts of street racing.. but in a nutshell.. you gotta live a little.. as for the tranny on a 3.0.. buy a 2.2 and put an h22a in it.. or upgrade your tranny.. and do a custom turbo or supercharger with internals.. just because some lame ass fucking kit company dosn't package all the goodys for you dosn't mean it can't be done.. get someone to weld you a manifold and bend IC piping.. seriously.. if i can put a motor in a car that is no wheres close to being compatible.. you can do anything to a car.... if you guys aren't in in for the long run.. i don't want to hear you bitching and complaining about shit.. honda's an enthusiast car.. if you want a fast car out of the box that'll cost you upwards of 50k.. go buy one.. just keep in mind you could have had a classy cl go twice as fast for half the money
Old 03-17-2002, 08:27 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Well spoken f0de

CL'S
Old 03-17-2002, 10:47 PM

I know this is gonna sound stupid but, when Im out there racing I feel alive, I forget all the problems I have...and doing all those crazy stuff relax me. Sorry...... I know most of you wouldn't agree with me, but I understand.....
Old 03-18-2002, 02:13 AM
Burning Brakes

I agree with fode all the way. If i'm being to straight forward please let me know but, You guys should stop crying about what you don;t know about. CL Ain't slow buddies, a civic is slow, I HAD ONE. Of coarse with work on any car it can be fast. The theme in here is you HAVE A CL and yes they do not make all these cool things for it (turbo isn't expensive and custom piping only costs around $250) but that is the whole enthusiast amazment that comes out of a fully mod f@#cked cl. If you don;t like it , SELL IT. I love my cl and everbody sweats it and with a little work it WILL BE BALLS TO THE WALL and i will feel alot better about my ride because it was advanced by me. This is the beauty we hold here. So. go buy your STANG (if i had a piss picture i would post it) and rev your big dumb, guzzlin motor that every F%#K has and we will stick to our uniquely, beautiful, comfy, Luxurious, civic spankin, 3000lb rice racin ,afro deeeeeeeziac, girly sweaten, Whore of a real car.

Listen, i love honda in general. I am not downing them and i am not even trying to start beefs. but why you on this board jackin this beautiful car? One of the most potential driven cars out and the potential is in the owners mind. I just hate when people start talking what they don;t know. You guys just don't know how to make your car fast so you cop out and buy a fast car.

PeAcE HeRbS
Old 03-18-2002, 06:48 AM
Scooby Guru

Right... I don't know how to make this car fast. Let's see... add an H22 and your supposed $250 worth of turbo piping & that should be it, right? The issue was whether or not it's worth it to make it fast, and even if it was fast, I still don't think this car would suit my priorities.

As to why I'm even on this board in the first place... hmm, maybe it's because I have a CL, I've done some mods to it, and I'm an enthusiast?

But seriously, after reading the replies I've gotten in this post, I'm out the door already. Most of you are stupid street racing kids that just care about weaving in and out of traffic, talk about how your car is fast because you smoked that Civic CX, and how tight your shit will look with those new springs that give a 3 foot drop... oh, and if you can use them on stock shocks or not.
Old 03-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Burning Brakes

true

I would think you would have these thought since you have wrx. After driving that you will definetly look at the cl different. Everyone has there own attractions, you know that! Yes we are stupid street racers! I makje money and drive fast and thats all i care about. So if you aren't comfy with the ride, let it go. Have fun, do wach ya like.

LaTeRz
Old 03-18-2002, 12:40 PM
Ham Sandwich

i think a total of 2 ppl street race.. and speaking for myself.. i don't weave in and out of traffic for a race hehe.. i drag race.. straight road.. 2 cars.. and i stated previously that if you don't like the car.. fine.. fuck the car.. get rid of it.. im just tired of hearing everyone bitch and moan about their cars on this forum.. you don't even know what you have.. and if you think a civic cx is the only thing i've beaten in my cl.. come down one day with your wrx and see what a car that cost 1/3 less can do.. or if you prefer racing expensive stock cars for some reason, i'll bring the m coupe out.. and if you don't race.. why bitch about the car being slow? do you need to get milk at 150mph? you should re-evaluate who your calling stupid
Old 03-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

ok guys...... lets stop with the flames.

this is supposed to be 1st gen talk.

if you wanna post on who you beat doing 120 through local streets post it in racing stories

i dont wanna see anyone leave because of comments or flames.

everyone sees something different from their car, it's called being an individual. that is no cause for flames or unnecessary comments.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Ham Sandwich

my fault, i should know better, just got tired of the hatred :/
Old 03-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by f0de
my fault, i should know better, just got tired of the hatred :/
the topic started out fine, but the flames somehow ensued after that.

it's just a massive slug-fest.

i have no problem with the topic itself, but i did have a problem with the way it was going on.

mmmmmmmmk?:P
Old 03-18-2002, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

i too am sorry. I just get heated.