Who here got componets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 08:46 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who here got componets?

Hi it my birthday today and I got some componet speakers as a gift. The kind I got is http://www.infinitysystems.com/carau...t.aspx?ProdId='REF6000CS'&Ser=REF&Cat=COS

Inifinity REF6000CS, from online reviews from people that have them they are pretty good for the price. I like good sound but I am not a total bitch where i gotta have like $1000 speakers. They were like 100 something. Now I would like to know about how much does a shop charge to do the install for me (NYC, but othere places are good to get an ideal) and if anybody got pics of the install. From looking at other peoples cars they suggest to do it on the frames on the windshield. I just want a pic of your sets up and wat i should ask and not ask for. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Advanced

to make things really easy, i think you should get the kick panels. cheaper then a shop doing it for you and install is simple. i have them and i think they sound better in that position then in the doors. also since it is not resonating within the door, no one outside can hear
anything you play even if you blast it. it costs like 100 bucks for the qlogic ones. i dunno what is the depth of your mid but sometimes it doesn't fit into the door no matter how hard you try. my type-r would not go in unless i cut the plastic on the door also.
Old 09-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Alpine type R 6.5's here
Old 09-20-2003, 12:34 AM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Focal 165k2 <<<< the shit
Old 09-20-2003, 07:24 AM
Everybody Wang Chung

Originally posted by fuZzBaLL143
to make things really easy, i think you should get the kick panels. cheaper then a shop doing it for you and install is simple. i have them and i think they sound better in that position then in the doors. also since it is not resonating within the door, no one outside can hear
anything you play even if you blast it. it costs like 100 bucks for the qlogic ones. i dunno what is the depth of your mid but sometimes it doesn't fit into the door no matter how hard you try. my type-r would not go in unless i cut the plastic on the door also.
Do they rattle at all?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by fuZzBaLL143
I called a circuit city just to see how much it would cost and they said for an install is about 80 bucks + 20 since i bring my own speakers. I forgot if it was surface mount or mount in the stock tweeter location. I think i would prefer it to be in the suface mount. How much space do the kickpanels take up? Do you have a picture of it? How are they mounted? screws?
Old 09-20-2003, 10:39 PM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
boston accoustic pro series here
Old 09-21-2003, 04:30 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do it yourself man the install is nothing, take the exsisting wires, find the positive and negative hook it up and bingo, its not that hard and a DIY project always is the best cause you learn something everytime

but im with gdubb Focal's are the best out there
Old 09-21-2003, 07:14 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
do it yourself man the install is nothing, take the exsisting wires, find the positive and negative hook it up and bingo, its not that hard and a DIY project always is the best cause you learn something everytime

but im with gdubb Focal's are the best out there
I think about it, I am bit iffy when i have drill and stuff. Maybe i get comfortable later. Damn those focals are like 600 bucks it seem like at some places. That can go towards some nice ass pulleys.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Advanced

the kick panels do not rattle. the install was pretty simple. here are pretty much the steps. 1. move computer 2. drill some holes 3. assemble the only thing is that if you drive a stick, its kinda weird to drive for a while but you get used to it quick, just shift your footing to the right a little. another good thing about it is you don't have to go to the trouble of going through the boot to get the wires through