What is up with NTB????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 01:35 PM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What is up with NTB????

I previously got my wheels/tires balanced at NTB when I first got the new ones. Lately I've noticed a lot of shaking at high speeds so I go to NTB and tell them whats going on. They say they only balance the tires to 55 mph. I say OK, can you do a high speed balancing on them, they say no we can't. After basically telling the guy how retarded it is for a wheel/tires service place not to be able to work on all aspects of wheel/tires, I ask him if they can do an alignment for me. I haven't gotten one since I lowered the car (was waiting till the new wheels came in). He says "sure, is the car pulling left/right"? I told him no, but I recently lowered it and I want to make sure I get even tire wear. He says, "we can't do alignments on lowered cars because we can't align them to spec". Again I ask him to bring one of the mechanics out to the car to take a look. The mechanic says that he can align it if its pulling left/right, but he can't adjust the height or the camber, because thats how hondas/acuras are?????

Has anyone else had this kind of BS explained to them? Are there only certain places that will do high speed balancing or alignments for lowered cars?
Old 06-26-2003, 01:44 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
well the lowered car thing is understandable, for a few reasons, first it's hard to get some lowered cars on certain alignment machines, it probably took me a dozen try's to find a place that could do it. Also, if your car is lowered and they adjust the camber it's still going to be off, so if you brought in a camber kit w/ you they could probably do it.

The tire balancing thing makes 0 sense.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Power of Dreams

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All they can really do is adjust toe settings, if they can get your car on the alignment rack. And yes, the tire balancing thing is a joke.