Wanted to say thanks and ask opinions for new mod..

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 06:53 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Wanted to say thanks and ask opinions for new mod..

Hey guys....i was drivin home from work today...listenin to Dave Matthews Band in my clean and recently detailed car and i was thinkin...I LOVE MY CL...im soo glad i got my CL over the Mustang GT or Audi A4 i was thinkin about...this cars perfect for me...and as for you guys...If it wasnt for this message board...it would just suck....so yea, thanks everyone for their advice and info....

As for now...Im about 2 weeks away from gettin my 18's on...IM SOO EXCITED! They have been sitting in my room for like 4 months now...i found a place that will powdercoat them for $45 each....

Heres the deal...What color do i get them done....I was thinkin a Silver but i just found out Dupont has a chrome colored powdercoat that looks exactly like chrome....soo what color do i do for my black CL? Silver or Chrome color??

heres my rims.....

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/ADR/gtsport-silver.htm
Old 05-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently have been loving my car too. I just recently added some goodies under the hood and It just blew me away how amazing this car is. Hopefully, I can get some rims for my cl like you soon. Stock rims are looking a bit battered after the harsh winter.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:21 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Re: Wanted to say thanks and ask opinions for new mod..

Originally posted by Acura3.0CL
it wasnt for this message board...it would just suck....so yea, thanks everyone for their advice and info....

[/url]
And who re you going to thank for telling you about this Board? I believe my name is Bilal. Make sure not to mess it up on the thank you plaque. I hope you get your rims done soon, as for me, I am still trying to find my next car. I have been looking for months now, and I want to find my "dream teenage car" before I buy. I dont want to get screwed like last time. On the other hand, 2nd gear scratch feels great
Old 05-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Banned

yea the CL is most definently a tight car....what i like about em, is that you dont see em on every corner, i.e a civic, neon, etc...and its even better when you see em hooked up....and even better if you're rollin on 19's!!! lol...but anyways, the only thing i wish was that they made more aftermarket stuff, its so hard, you gotta scrounge and bite and claw just to get parts...but i wouldnt trade it for anything
Old 05-12-2003, 08:41 PM
One Large Member

Allright - this might sound nuts but......

Those wheels would look SMOKIN' on a black car if they were some color like purple or red or SOMETHING. Silver would look classy - so would chrome......

Just seems like you've got this car that ANY color goes with....your options are wide open. Especially if you're powder coating!

I just keep thinking about all the powder coating I've been seeing on Orange County Choppers on Discovery - that shit is sweet as hell!!

What a finish!!
Old 05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Instructor

Re: Wanted to say thanks and ask opinions for new mod..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Acura3.0CL
[B]Hey guys....i was drivin home from work today...listenin to Dave Matthews Band in my clean and recently detailed car and i was thinkin...I LOVE MY CL...im soo glad i got my CL over the Mustang GT or Audi A4 i was thinkin about...this cars perfect for me...and as for you guys...If it wasnt for this message board...it would just suck....so yea, thanks everyone for their advice and info....

As for now...Im about 2 weeks away from gettin my 18's on...IM SOO EXCITED! They have been sitting in my room for like 4 months now...i found a place that will powdercoat them for $45 each....

Heres the deal...What color do i get them done....I was thinkin a Silver but i just found out Dupont has a chrome colored powdercoat that looks exactly like chrome....soo what color do i do for my black CL? Silver or Chrome color??

heres my rims.....

pretty tyte rims. man I got the M-Sports and believe me you will be happy with any ADR Rim made.. they are very very strong rim if you don't trust me I drive down to the Grandview Triangle all the time and never had damage to my rims if you know what I'm talking about....
Old 05-13-2003, 01:54 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have seen those rims in person, a 2nd gen in sac town has them on his 2nd gen cl type s, his name is TypeSDragoon. he has pics of the 18" he has. but i think those would look hot in the chrome powdercoat, how much are they charging you? the example hes talking about on the OCC on discovery channel the chrome powdercoat on those bike rims were HOT but i dont know maybe a gutmetal silver? chrome would be cool look into your color choices
Old 05-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Old Timer

i would have to say black and get the lip polished..or red
i am about to get my girls rims powdercoated black and the lip polished that would look tight
i also had a friend who had a black accord on red wheels...man the ish was awsome

black or red ...that is my two cents
Old 05-13-2003, 06:56 AM

Its $45 per rim ...any color....so im either thinkin a straight silver color like they are in the pict...or maybe somethin like the chrome (which would probably look like polished aluminum)
Old 05-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Intermediate

You GOTTA get them done in chrome. You have a black car. There is no other color that you should even consider. BIG CHROME wheels break necks all over town. Don't you want to help your local chiropractors
Old 05-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Old Man

Originally posted by Vegeta1
I recently have been loving my car too. I just recently added some goodies under the hood and It just blew me away how amazing this car is. Hopefully, I can get some rims for my cl like you soon. Stock rims are looking a bit battered after the harsh winter.

It must be spring time???
Old 05-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Banned

whatever u do...dont get chrome....that ish is played out...everyone and their mom got chrome....get some nice silver rims...polished lip....that ll look hot...especially on a black car.....and if you get em....get em in 19!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm a big fan of chrome rims. Pretty much only on a black car though. True a lot of people have chroms rims but It's all about which one's you choose. If you get chrome don't go off buying lexani's or some shit. Get some nice simple one's. All I'm trying to say is don't over due it.

Hey Katana18, how about cutting down your sig some?
Old 05-13-2003, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

whats wrong with the color they are right now? Is the finish fucked up or something? I like the color they are in that pic, but if you want them chrome then go for it!

I love my CL too, i just get pissed when i see sick ass cf hoods for accords on ebay for like $250. And body kits for $400. I always think, man if i spent as much money on a 98 accord as i did on my CL it would probably look a lot better. I still love my CL though.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:50 PM

Well heres the deal...i talked to my dad...tomorrow (wed) im goin to order the tires...im going to go with these tires - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
i hope i didnt make a bad desition by goin with these...their an WR rating which is good enough for me. The look of the tred sucks but sence their not a bad price and i will have them on all year round, they were the best ones i could find. (besides, im not payin for the tires.

Anyway, the Thur, im dropping the rims off at the Powercoating Company. Its then when i will choose the color.
I talked to the guy again today about the chrome color and he said it didnt come out lookin chrome but rather a silver color with a mirror finish to it. He said he could put his hand up to the wheel and see the reflection of it...so that sounds kinda cool to me...i will see when i get there.

So as far as it goes, finally waiting about 4 months will have paied off...hopfully by this time next week, the rims and tires will be on the car and picts will be on the board for u all to enjoy.
Old 05-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Intermediate

Dude! you never said whats wrong with the regular color. Is the finish all scratched or something? Anyway, the way he explained the chrome sounds kinda gay. If it was real chrome and thats what you wanted i'd say go for it, but since it's mirror like shiny bullshit i'd go with silver or black. I'm debating whether to powdercoat mine black.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:48 PM

my 18's i have now in my room are scratched and the paints commin off...they need re-done...we will see what they turn out like...the nice thing is hopfully no one will have the same rims with the same color as mine when their finished

and BLOCK....no black!! their fine the way they are..they look great....keep em like that!!
Old 05-14-2003, 12:27 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why did you buy Conti tires though? I would have went with Nitto 555 or maybe kumho's. Was it the price that appealed to you? Just remember the only part of the car that touches the pavement, don't skimp on tires.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:31 AM

naw...the conti's were rated the best out of everyone i saw...they got a 9.1 outta 10...and they wernt soo expensive...i needed an all season tire and thats what the conti's were, a extreme sport all season with INCREDIBAL ratings!! go back to the sight and look at them again! ( i do agree the tread looks sucks
Old 05-15-2003, 06:06 PM

well i dropped the rims off at the bdy shop today....$200 total for a total re-rinishing...they had soo many colors to choose from...i'll get them back in a week...hopfully have pict up soon....their golla look soooooo good!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:40 PM
i want a bimmer =(

Originally posted by Acura3.0CL
well i dropped the rims off at the bdy shop today....$200 total for a total re-rinishing...they had soo many colors to choose from...i'll get them back in a week...hopfully have pict up soon....their golla look soooooo good!!!

sooooooo..what color did u choose?

or are u just gonna surprise us
Old 05-15-2003, 08:19 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Hey C.J., did I tell you that I am no longer in high school, todat was my last day and I graduate on Sundayq