update and vafc settings (readme)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 06:29 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update and vafc settings (readme)

hey guys, i've been gone for awhile, just got my cl back on the road again yesterday. new timing belt,balancer belt, front fender, gen-X2 upgrade kit.

my problem now:
vafc has still not been tuned, i'm not paying 160 an hour for a friggin dyno!!! cam gear is at 2 deg advance

i changed engagement to 4000 and 3800 (it really kicks in now)
thats it, haven't changed anything else.
the air/correction % has never changed from 0%, should it have?

what did you guys get for setting after your dyno's
i'll try those settings

thanks for the help!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

Try retarding the cam...

I'd give you my settings, but theres no way theyd work...13 psi and 500 cc injectors.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:10 AM
AkA 'Lucky'

i run without N20 most of the time and when i know i'm going to use it i retard the cam 2deg.

when i lower the engagement, i should also lower the fuel enrichment for those rpm's that differ from the factory engagement?
i was out last night until 3 trying to configure this and i couldn't tune it
Old 10-14-2002, 11:42 AM
AkA 'Lucky'

so no one else has tuned their VAFC???
Old 10-14-2002, 01:26 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a vafc and i have mine set to 4700 for everyday driving. i have not gotten the chance to take it to the dyno since i am waiting for the the pullies from PRadonski to show up :angry:angry: which they probably wont. but i have the fuel set to 0% and i love the vafc. i compare it to a powerban for a motorcycle or dirtbike. it throws you into your seat. i would set it about 45-4700 for everyday driving so you dont tear it up too bad. well i hope this helps. hey man where you getting it dynoed, i am going to get mine dynoed for 100 an hour in sac town in cali. let me know where you at maybe i know somewhere thats cheaper.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:12 PM

When introducing VTEC earlier you need to increase fuel. Your opening your valves higher and taking in more air.

Man you cant do this without a dyno. You need to know what makes more power without going rich or lean.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:02 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

i know i need a dyno but the only place here charges 160 an hour to tune the vafc. he said expect 2 hours. 320 for dyno makes me sick. i was just looking for a base map from someone that has all the bolt ons like me. i'll make an appt for next payday i guess.

btw: what does a gt mustang do from 60-120?

he couldn't pass me but i think it was stock 4.6
Old 10-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Evolution

Ok I ordered my VAFC and I am wondering what the computer can do besides Vtec and fuel engagement. Anything else? I am going to dyno it, yet I want to get an autometer air fuel meter just for that safer watch on my engine. Anyways, when i get it dynoed, will there be a way to have two engagments? one for daily driving and one for race? I want to be able to swtich between the two. Or is it that when the computer is set that the settings are the best things possible and would be good for race and street? Also what does it do to gas mileage? does it help or hurt? if it hurts can you shut off the VAFC? Also any 3.0's Please send me how to install it at LuckyAx2@aol.com. Thanks!!
Old 10-15-2002, 05:33 AM

Originally posted by Luckyax2
Ok I ordered my VAFC and I am wondering what the computer can do besides Vtec and fuel engagement. Anything else? I am going to dyno it, yet I want to get an autometer air fuel meter just for that safer watch on my engine. Anyways, when i get it dynoed, will there be a way to have two engagments? one for daily driving and one for race? I want to be able to swtich between the two. Or is it that when the computer is set that the settings are the best things possible and would be good for race and street? Also what does it do to gas mileage? does it help or hurt? if it hurts can you shut off the VAFC? Also any 3.0's Please send me how to install it at LuckyAx2@aol.com. Thanks!!
The vafc also monitors rpm, throttle position, vtec on/off, etc. You can get a graphical display, numbers, or digital tachs.

Cant do the two engagements. Youd have to change all your settings every time you want to change.

However, you can have two different maps one for throttle say less than 90% and then a higher performance at >90%

Gas mileage will increase. Stock maps are way rich. Cant believe this is a concern if youre worried about "race mode".

The VAFC is hard wired. If you want it to turn off, you'll have to take it out. Dialing everything back to 0 would be a pain.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Racer

You dont have to "take it out" to turn it off, you just dissconect the wire harness from the display unit and re connect a couple of the lines that were cut and had male/female connectors attached. It really doesnt take long at all. It will not go back to 0 when you do this it will go back to the settings you have when it is re attached. I did this many times when I was trying to get the VTEC settings to work.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Evolution

3.0 Cl's

Ok I have made my appointment with the dyno company. They are gonna charge me a flat fee of $100 then $100 every hour after 1. in the first hour they are doing the ground runs and everything. To save time I need to get about where all of you 3.0 Cl's have your settings so we know about where to start tuning. this saves me time and money. After it is on the dyno and we run it stock, I need to hop in there and get the setting around a certain point where we can tune from there. So I need all of you 3.0 Cl's, or if you guys know who else has one, to tell me your settings without nitrous so i can get this rolling... thanks!!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:09 PM
phuck your CL race my F4

Old 10-15-2002, 09:37 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

Re: 3.0 Cl's

Ok I have made my appointment with the dyno company. They are gonna charge me a flat fee of $100 then $100 every hour after 1. in the first hour they are doing the ground runs and everything. To save time I need to get about where all of you 3.0 Cl's have your settings so we know about where to start tuning. this saves me time and money. After it is on the dyno and we run it stock, I need to hop in there and get the setting around a certain point where we can tune from there. So I need all of you 3.0 Cl's, or if you guys know who else has one, to tell me your settings without nitrous so i can get this rolling... thanks!!
man, i've been trying to get base maps from anyone but still nothing
Old 10-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Evolution

OK is the installation for the 3.0 Cl the same for the 2.2 and 2.3 Cl? If so i will just use niedejb's set up ( I am having my local shop install it) But other than that I am still looking for aproximate settings for when i hop on the dyno. So basically people have been telling me, the only thing I can do to the VAFC without the dyno is to set my vtec engagements, and I have been told for daily driving to set it at 4700 and 4200. is this right? I really need advice here guys. Anyone know how to get ahold of Veilside and find out his settings?
Old 10-16-2002, 09:09 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

i think i remember the wiring being the same but don't quote me on it. man don't pay for the install, it's really easy. took me a few hours total. i have mine set at 4200 and 4000 i have the wide throttle set all around -11 and the narrow around -3. i've been playing with the settings for a while now and this gives me the best results. i still want to see results from a dyno
Old 10-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Evolution

Ok so what all settings can you have?
1.) Low to Hi vtec Hi to Low Vtec
2.) Wide and narrow throttle settings
3.) Vtec unmatched fuel correction (%)
4.) Lo and Hi throttle correction (%)
5.) 8 rpm control points for Hi and Lo cam each
6.) Etc Mode (Vafc sensor correction)
Then you can monitor or change (I have no clue on this) Intake pressure, Engine Rpm, Air Flow Correction
Is this it? Or is there other stuff. Is the only thing that I should change be the vtec engagement point until i get dynoed? I know you (Blackout) changed your wide and narrow throttle settings but did you change the Vtec (Unmt) unmatched fuel system? Sorry man so many ?'s but just trying to get shit straight.
Anyone know veilsides email adress? he had a VAFC.
Also i checked the V6accord.com and they said that VTEC for the 98' AV6 kicks in around 3500 rpm... does this make sense? They are all like "O the VAFC is a waste of money"
Old 10-17-2002, 07:10 AM
AkA 'Lucky'

Ok so what all settings can you have?
1.) Low to Hi vtec Hi to Low Vtec
2.) Wide and narrow throttle settings
3.) Vtec unmatched fuel correction (%)
4.) Lo and Hi throttle correction (%)
5.) 8 rpm control points for Hi and Lo cam each
6.) Etc Mode (Vafc sensor correction)
Then you can monitor or change (I have no clue on this) Intake pressure, Engine Rpm, Air Flow Correction
Is this it? Or is there other stuff. Is the only thing that I should change be the vtec engagement point until i get dynoed? I know you (Blackout) changed your wide and narrow throttle settings but did you change the Vtec (Unmt) unmatched fuel system? Sorry man so many ?'s but just trying to get shit straight.
Anyone know veilsides email adress? he had a VAFC.
Also i checked the V6accord.com and they said that VTEC for the 98' AV6 kicks in around 3500 rpm... does this make sense? They are all like "O the VAFC is a waste of money"
the vafc is not a waste of money, niedejb got 50hp from it(i think)
damn, lots of Q's
I started with everything at 0. started with finding the stock engagement and it kicked it at 4800(harsh) with the settings at 0. so i changed it now to 4200 and 4000. much smoother but it really kicks in now without lag. i changed the wide throttle to +'s but it started lagging really bad. so i started with 30-60's rpm's to negatives and i kept going until i noticed lag. its set like a upside down pyramid 2 at -2 and 65 at -4 with 4 at -11. i have high throttle kick in at 75% and low at 10%. unmatched was at +6 but now it's 0 since i changed all the positions. change all the etc settings before starting the car and set the sensors to 6. it is now constantly changing the air/fuel ratio and i really feel it.
with the bottle on, i break loose in 2nd and redline and have to let off the gas and shift. you tell me if that's working. hell yeah