TEIN SS owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEIN SS owners

Yo yo, I've got a set of Tein SS's comin to me very soon and I'm wondering what everyone has their height settings at and if anyone could post pictures of their rides with said height specifications.

I've tried searching and got nothing of the sort so please don't give me shit

I'm not looking to slam the shit outta my car, basically to tuck the rear wheel just a little and the front maybe a little higher than that. Anyone with any insite on the subject please let me know. Thanks alot.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

dis has been discussed many time....u should try searching harder!

jk =D
Old 08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
roomate has a CL too

about 1 inch of thread left on the coilover... shocks set on 16 in the front 12 in the rear.

Old 08-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Suzuka Master

thanks justchillin....that looks nasty as hell man i love it!

any trouble with rubbing in the front on sharp turns? did you have to roll the fender? i'm just curious...a little rubbing won't bother me here and there but I dont really like it happening all the time

Also, what stiffness setting do you have yours set at? I prefer a little stiffer ride because the roads around here are pretty good.

Thanks again man and props!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:01 PM
roomate has a CL too

nah no fender roll... don't lose the front fork mounting rubber.... the black rubber bushings that go on the suspension assembly... wack... I had trouble with this since we lost one when installing.

no rubbing when taking sharp turns... my front mud flaps drag all over when I go up sideways on driveways... I think I'll have to take them off... that is the lowest part of the car at the moment until the lip goes on... and I think that will get fucked too.

I had to set all the way firm. 16 in front 12 on back... when I go on the freeway and traveling at 75 and go over an overpass the bump from that sends the tires into the fender...

or when there is a sudden drop in pavement then the body drops on the wheels. ehh you live with it.

good choice though in suspension... I was thinking going lower the CL looks the slammed.

can't wait until the driveway gets finished on thursday so I can get the car off the ground again. they are pouring the cement today and tomorrow. cool.

you need to lower the front more than the back to get an even drop I think... at least that is what I did. I don't have a camber kit on so I guess my wheels are slowly deteriorating but I haven't noticed it much then again only 2k miles on the tires since drop. I would suggest getting one though... the upper pillow ball joint camber kits not the control arm ones, at least that is what d98clturbo told me I would trust that dude.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Suzuka Master

wow man, sounds awesome! I can't wait to get mine on fo sho.

Excellent news about not having to roll fenders or anything...i didn't remember hearing about it but its better to have someone with first hand experience telling you that

Sorry to ask but do you know approximately what the settings on the front and back were for the height adjustment? I talked to the guy who is going to be installing them and he wants me to know where I want them set for height. I know you said before you had an inch left on the coilover but then you said you had to drop the front more than the back...just looking for clarification before i make an ass of myself

Thanks again bro.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:03 PM
roomate has a CL too

ok like and inch on the front measured from the green part the the perch of the spring... so measure the amount of thread (silver) that is left of the thread in between the perch and the end of the threads.

and the rear is 1.3 inches so that should give an even drop I think I'm going lower by .3-.5 of an inch, I might as well go lower since it is already low.

might look high at first but don't worry about it... once you release the e-brake and drive it around for a bit it should settle and then once you drive around some more should settle to where it is going to be at... should look like mine. ur a 2.3 right?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Suzuka Master

yeah 99 2.3...I decided to get new wheels since I got a bubble in my tires on my stock wheels and I HATE driving around with it looking all jacked up...especially since I like the wheels so much. And I decided I'm going to keep the car for awhile so might as well go with one of the best drops.

Thanks for the specs bro, I really do appreciate it...can't wait to be dropped like yours
Old 08-17-2004, 05:26 PM
roomate has a CL too

Originally Posted by nicholbr
yeah 99 2.3...I decided to get new wheels since I got a bubble in my tires on my stock wheels and I HATE driving around with it looking all jacked up...especially since I like the wheels so much. And I decided I'm going to keep the car for awhile so might as well go with one of the best drops.

Thanks for the specs bro, I really do appreciate it...can't wait to be dropped like yours

on the tein SS club.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

I have mine set to 12 in the Front, 9 in the Rear. On the front i'm down all the way to the last thread, and its not even tucking. The back, i'm probably 3 or 4 threads from the bottom, and i'm right at the same level as the front. Here's a really dirty pic of the car...it doesn't look this bad btw

Old 08-17-2004, 10:44 PM
roomate has a CL too

heh? how are you not tucked? my shit is tucked a bit and I got a whole nother inch to go.