teasin W.O.W.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Hmmm.... seems to me that you have alot of colors going on there. You got the white body and wheels, red (A) cap, calipers, and lugs, amber corners, yellow high beams, blackhousing. I see that you want the red as an accent but in order to have and accent, you need more of that accent color throughout the car, not just keep it at the wheels imo. I would just paint the lugs and caps black. That would match the grill and blackhoused headlights very nicely.
Still looks great though bro
Old 02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06
Hmmm.... seems to me that you have alot of colors going on there. You got the white body and wheels, red (A) cap, calipers, and lugs, amber corners, yellow high beams, blackhousing. I see that you want the red as an accent but in order to have and accent, you need more of that accent color throughout the car, not just keep it at the wheels imo. I would just paint the lugs and caps black. That would match the grill and blackhoused headlights very nicely.
couldnt agree more, you have too many colors and the red dosent really match up with anything else
Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 PM
i like acura

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Still looks great though bro
i actually have some stickers with red, and im trying to get ahold of some OEM Tail Lights to add some red.

(^^ THis isnt directly written to you... just what ive noticed around here lately)
but i have a problem with some suggestions ive gotten.
see the problem is, everyone on this forum has it engraved in their mind that all cars need a 2 color theme, and anything else throws it all off.
im not into the same styling obviously as some of you guys. most of you guys are still into clear corners, or chrome, or EVERYTHING BLACK.
We used to say " nice not rice"
and i was very into that. and most guys on here are very much into the sport/luxary coupe aspect still.
but
Ive kinda grown more to the liking of the JDM styling, and im a lot more into the honda scene and that look.

and ive seen white on white with a red accent, and i like it, much like this
see the problem is, everyone on this forum has it engraved in their mind that all cars need a 2 color theme, and anything else throws it all off.
im not into the same styling obviously as some of you guys. most of you guys are still into clear corners, or chrome, or EVERYTHING BLACK.
and i was very into that. and most guys on here are very much into the sport/luxary coupe aspect still. but
Ive kinda grown more to the liking of the JDM styling, and im a lot more into the honda scene and that look.
so when i think of white on white, i think of ITR's, which has been my dream car forever. and i see the new styling thats popular in the tuning scene. i think white on white with red looks great. thats how its meant to be.

so i did it with this sort of a thing in mind. after i did my wheels, i thought the chrome lug nuts, and centercaps was so i cooked this idea up.

im not trying to go for the luxary/ sports coupe with all black accents everywhere like most, im really trying something new, and trying to be different.
comment and tell me you like it, i have no problem with that.
but dont try to tell me im doing it wrong, cause i dont have the same taste as you.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
i like acura

^^ wow i failed on the whole copy paste. thats what i get for trying to type a damn essay in my free seconds at work,and dont read it at the end! haha
Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jdm styling is the shit
Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

I get it man. I'm just saying it doesn't look right the way it is now. Like I said, you need some red accents throughout the car which you are already planning on doing. I know you can pull it off bro.

BTW, this is why I have kept my projects all hush-hush. Because it doesn't look the way I want it to yet and I KNOW I would get some negative comments if I post unfinished pics of what it looks like now.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
ghost did it with his ITR's
thanks chris.

what man that looks 10x better than the ITR's. that looks absolutely amazing.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by spencer_homer
i actually have some stickers with red, and im trying to get ahold of some OEM Tail Lights to add some red.

(^^ THis isnt directly written to you... just what ive noticed around here lately)
but i have a problem with some suggestions ive gotten.
and i was very into that. and most guys on here are very much into the sport/luxary coupe aspect still.
but

and ive seen white on white with a red accent, and i like it, much like this
and i was very into that. and most guys on here are very much into the sport/luxary coupe aspect still. but
so when i think of white on white, i think of ITR's, which has been my dream car forever. and i see the new styling thats popular in the tuning scene. i think white on white with red looks great. thats how its meant to be.

so i did it with this sort of a thing in mind. after i did my wheels, i thought the chrome lug nuts, and centercaps was so i cooked this idea up.

im not trying to go for the luxary/ sports coupe with all black accents everywhere like most, im really trying something new, and trying to be different.
comment and tell me you like it, i have no problem with that.
but dont try to tell me im doing it wrong, cause i dont have the same taste as you.
wrd on alot of those points.

that EK9 looks sick on those Sprint Hart CPR's. my favorite wheel by far.

Last edited by 732xghost; 02-09-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
that ek looks good, first time i've seen a car with dunlop cpr's that makes it look good, most of the time they look so out of place and too small for the car IMO.
The style that you're going for is certainly unique and very personal, and i admire that. Lots of ppl would give up on trying to mod everything the way they want it and just go with the mainstream ideas. Although it does look like there is a few diff colors clashing with each other, i also know that it is a work in progress and i'm sure everything will tie in together to make one sick cl.
And thanks for posting up a zoomed out pic, it does look a lot better seeing the whole car, rather than seeing the upclose wheel shots.

what kinda stickers you got? or is that another thing... i wanna get some more little ones for my car, just funny random shit probably tho
Old 02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mitch14
that ek looks good, first time i've seen a car with dunlop cpr's that makes it look good, most of the time they look so out of place and too small for the car IMO.
The style that you're going for is certainly unique and very personal, and i admire that. Lots of ppl would give up on trying to mod everything the way they want it and just go with the mainstream ideas. Although it does look like there is a few diff colors clashing with each other, i also know that it is a work in progress and i'm sure everything will tie in together to make one sick cl.
And thanks for posting up a zoomed out pic, it does look a lot better seeing the whole car, rather than seeing the upclose wheel shots.

what kinda stickers you got? or is that another thing... i wanna get some more little ones for my car, just funny random shit probably tho
what do you mean most of the time CPR's are on civics, integras, etc. whats more perfect than a nice 15x7 wheel on a car like that?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree Spencer. I'm glad you're to try something different - if some people don't like it, oh well.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
i like acura

oh nothin serious. ive got a couple I (heart) my cl stickers, and they have a red heart. im looking into taking that old CL squad graphic and having a couple stickers made that would be as follow:

I (Heart in red) (The graphic is a outline of the CL body)

anyone have a copy of the graphic saved? i know some OG does
Old 02-09-2009, 08:57 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 972xghost
what do you mean most of the time CPR's are on civics, integras, etc. whats more perfect than a nice 15x7 wheel on a car like that?
^well i did say IMO, but usually when i see them they are on weird colored cars with diff colored cpr's, not like the white and red ones here on the white civic with red accents seems to fit, even the syle of the wheels with the style on the car look right...and i'm not into the whole "15 inch wheels on a honda slammed to the ground" look anyways, so maybe that plays a factor in the way the car looks to me. I didn't like the way the cp-r's looked on my brother's el either, just not my cup of tea.
I was just trying to state that for someone with my sense of style/taste (not liking the look of most honda's dropped on 15's or cpr's) that the civic pictured there looked really good
Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleSh0t
I agree Spencer. I'm glad you're to try something different - if some people don't like it, oh well.
the only thing that matters is that you like the car...
Old 02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
I'm completely with you on that point, style the car the way you like, not for everyone else. If i had done that, i'd never had put yellow tint on my headlights and whatnot. I like where you're going w/the car, painting the rims white was a good start to a new look
Old 02-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,044 Posts
Originally Posted by mattastick
the only thing that matters is that you like the car...
whatever you like man

I'm all for looks that flow, not just 2 color themes. 2 color themes are meant for simplicity. I'm sure you can pull off the look, I'd try to figure out a way to get those lugs to not chip though, maybe get some powdercoated ones or something or some billet ones
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Suzuka Master

^well i did say IMO, but usually when i see them they are on weird colored cars with diff colored cpr's, not like the white and red ones here on the white civic with red accents seems to fit, even the syle of the wheels with the style on the car look right...and i'm not into the whole "15 inch wheels on a honda slammed to the ground" look anyways, so maybe that plays a factor in the way the car looks to me. I didn't like the way the cp-r's looked on my brother's el either, just not my cup of tea.
I was just trying to state that for someone with my sense of style/taste (not liking the look of most honda's dropped on 15's or cpr's) that the civic pictured there looked really good
yea i gotcha, i just feel like anything bigger than 15" on a civic or integra is strange. maybe 16"s.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
i thought it was gonna be w.o.w = shamWOW
Old 02-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Skuuuurrrrrt!

^anyone tried that thing?
Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 AM
i like acura

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
whatever you like man

I'm all for looks that flow, not just 2 color themes. 2 color themes are meant for simplicity. I'm sure you can pull off the look, I'd try to figure out a way to get those lugs to not chip though, maybe get some powdercoated ones or something or some billet ones
oh the lugs chippin aint no problem. the only reason they chipped is becasue they had honestly not more than 15 minutes to dry. theyll be fine when i do them right.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Type II Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suggest red anodized lug nuts.. It'll look cleaner in the end. But things are looking good!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

yea i would suggest like muteki lug nuts or something along those lines. expensive but light.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,446 Likes on 3,044 Posts
^anyone tried that thing?
There's a bunch of bad reviews on autopia and our wash and wax forums