stereo questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Doom dee doooooom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stereo questions

Sorry to post threads back to back... but I was wanting to know... I have the stock bose system... I sold all the junk that I had to put in the car and bought all new stuff cuz I made a buncha money on it. I have a couple questions for you all though. I am going to be running fairly nice stuf here... Infinity reference components up front and reference 6*9s in the back... Xtant 2002 amps front and back... alpine mrd1000 on two MTX 6000 10s, and an alpine 7998 head unit. With the quality of these things... Do I need to run new speaker wire to the front speakers? Should I put the crossovers in the front or the back of the car. I have a shitload of monster z-series speaker wire but that shit is like a half inch thick... is that overboard? If it will help I am going to do it... if not... I dont want to mess with it. Can you even get new wire up to the tweeter locations? O yeah... I was also going to ask if I ought to construct like an enclosure for behind the from midrange or not... would that do anything? I have read lots of stuff on this and it seems to be a toss up. Anyone here actually like MECP certified and know about this stuff? Thanks a bunch.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:00 AM
you da one that said yams

ummmm as far as i know the stock bose shit has different wiring than you can use for aftermarket speakers so you have to run new wiring no matter what. now i may be wrong but a good friend of mine is the manager at a local car audio place and has been doing it for a while so most of the time i can take his word for it. and if you were talking about running half inch wire for your highs i dont know if it would really make a difference but i think it would be overkill. not sure if ive helped you any but i tried
Old 12-25-2003, 06:16 AM
Instructor

its better to use new speaker cable 16 gauge is good. you should mont the crossover up front so you dont have to use as much wires