Stereo Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Alarm

If I change my head unit, can I use the code for the alarm that goes with the stock head unit?
Old 05-26-2001, 02:03 PM
Racer

I dont think that will work because the after market head units are not programed to use a code. If you are worried about your head unit getting stolen your best bet would to get one with a Deactable face or look into the JVC Kamelon. When the JVC unit is off it looks as if the face plate has been removed. Sony has one that does the same, as well as Kenwood, but the Kenwood sucks so stay away from them.
Old 05-26-2001, 02:14 PM
Instructor

I have a Pioneer that has a detachable face, but it also has an option where you can hook up the car alarm to it.
Old 05-26-2001, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Kenwood head units do have a code feature... you do not have to use it, but it does the same as your factory head unit does... if the power is disconnected from it you have to enter the code to use it again. They are a very nice head unit... if you buy the more expensive models. And if you do choose kenwood go for the ones with dmask+, the regular dmask you have to manually flip the facr plate over, the dmask+ is completly motorized. I also believe the JVC Digifine series has a code option, and they are very good heads... they look very nice in the dash of a CL. Do not buy Sony, they tend to only work for the length of the warranty... and as soon as it is up the unit pretty much dies. I've had a lot of sony stuff, home and car, and all of it is like that, so I dont buy it anymore. My friend has a JVC Kameleon and it sounds pretty good, I love how simple the buttons are on it, you dont have to search for the button you want like you do on most decks. I know a lot of other brands out there, like Eclipse and Nakamichi I believe also have code options, as well as some Alpine's I do believe, I may be wrong. But just go to a dealer and tell them you want that as a feature on the deck, and they can show you which ones will do that, and tell them what else you want in the deck and you'll definatly leave with the perfect deck for you.

------------------
1997 ACURA 3.0 CL PREMIUM

Apex-i cat-back Exhaust, AEM Intake, Clear Bumper Lenses, 18" ADR Cyrax rims, Ground Control Coilovers, Wings West Chin Spoiler, Acura Rear spoiler, Piaa Fog Lights, Tinted Windows, Boston Acoustics tweets, mids and subs.
Old 05-27-2001, 02:57 AM
Burning Brakes

eclipse head units have a key cd that you pick, and if stolen the company will replace. you only pay s&h. but you must have a police report