Old 01-08-2008, 01:41 AM
6spder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some one talk some sense into me!!

okay, so i was looking at this legend on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura...spagenameZWDVW

its near my house.

no one was bidding on it.

we had a thread about in on the legend forum too. (that know one bid on it yet and it had like 10min left)

so, one ended up bidding on it (not me). 1 damn bid.

then, the next day, i was talking about this car with my boss. later on, i get a email from a guy in CT who was taht winning bidder. he saw me posting on the acura-legend.com, and emailed me about looking at the car. turns out he has a 93 6spd also, which got wrecked, not his fault.

anyways long story short. I looked at the car today. Its pretty nice especially for the price. turns out, since owner, serviced at brookfield acura. Anyways, as cars are with 200+K its not perfect and might need some work with in the next year or so.

SO the guy who bought is, is thinking about backing out.

I'm thinking of picking it up, this would involve selling the CL.

thoughts??? this would be my DD. Repairs aren't an issue, i do have extensive mechanical training (I completed the NATEF program at my local college, trying to get a job as a tech)

I like the CL but...... what do u guys think? I am just feeling depressed that I can't drive my coupe right now and I'm driving around in my boss's MINT legend 6spd coupe all weekend?? should i just be trying to convise this guy to get this beauty? it is a nice car. if i didn't buy my CL and i came across this car, i would have bought it in a heart beat.

help me make a rash decision guys!!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Racer

dude just in my opinion, but youre dumb if you dont take it. it being a honda, mileage is easily shrugged off with just normal service. id love to have that legend.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
not to be mean but i think you have some serious issues with the legend. if it were a person the bitch wouldve had you on a restraining order in a hot minute. if it was THAT important then why don't you sell your legend or the 4Runner now and just pick up another one.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,465 Likes on 3,059 Posts
man, I haven't driven my coupe in around a year. Doesn't mean I'd get rid of her, but you're a legend guy you talk about it here more than your CL. I'd say do it
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go for it, legends are awesome.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:11 AM
140,000 miles young

do it...but don't be a stranger!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
6spder

Originally Posted by asianspec
not to be mean but i think you have some serious issues with the legend. if it were a person the bitch wouldve had you on a restraining order in a hot minute. if it was THAT important then why don't you sell your legend or the 4Runner now and just pick up another one.
whow. hold on. i'm not planning on selling MY legend. no way. i just want another

hehe. well, i did more talking with the guy who is trying to buy it, i'm stilling pushing him to buy it. we'll see...

i was kinda hoping for a thread full of ppl telling me to just pass on the thing :tounge:
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Normal CL owners we would tell to pass, you are so in love with Legends, I think if you get your mind set on it, you're gonna do it if the chance is there.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
6spder

yea so true, who wants to buy my CL???
Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Jhatt from Ludhianna

NICE car buy it......but get the price lowered if you can....
Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
140,000 miles young

Time for the CL to meet the BM. This might be the shortest period of CL ownership ever.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Normal CL owners we would tell to pass, you are so in love with Legends, I think if you get your mind set on it, you're gonna do it if the chance is there.
you speak of it as if it's a godly creation of automotive perfection. a lot of people on here do also. its a great car, i've owned one for 4 years mind you. but nevertheless its not the best honda had to offer. the legend is much closer to claiming that title IMHO. as for the OP, do w/e feels right. the CL is a good DD, but that legend is a steal.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by Dicorp
you speak of it as if it's a godly creation of automotive perfection. a lot of people on here do also. its a great car, i've owned one for 4 years mind you. but nevertheless its not the best honda had to offer. the legend is much closer to claiming that title IMHO. as for the OP, do w/e feels right. the CL is a good DD, but that legend is a steal.
I NEVER have claimed my or anyone elses CL to be a godly creation of automotive perfection, however I am a moderator on a 1G CL forum, and most people that talk about getting rid of their CL's we usually do encourage to stick with it because they are good cars. I never say oh f getting a newer car, or a prelude, or a TSX, or a TL because the CL is so superior, I never once have said that and never would. I told him that the legend seems more suited for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he bought it. I never have claimed that the CL was the greatest car honda ever made I claim nothing close to that, you should read more of my posts about how much time and money I've put into making my car better than it was because it is old and was starting to fall apart. If I had my way, I'd still be modding my 2000 Trans Am that I bought on the lot with 3 miles on it. But things don't always work the way you want.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Jhatt from Ludhianna

y......... but that legend is a steal.
^^

I back That
Old 01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Drifting

well thats just the way it sounded, perhaps i misinterpreted your post. i guess thats just the nature of car forums which are designed to be a technical resource but often turn out to be fanboy sites for owners which would rather die than drive anything else.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yess

definately buy it! its white andd a 6 speed andd in very good condition!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd buy it cash if it were close to me...just to have a second car. I've always been infatuated with the 2g legend coupes ever since they were new on the dealership floors back in the day with a sticker price of over 40g's. Haven't seen too many nicely modded ones even on the net, and I'd like to deck it out vipstyle. I'd say go for it if you have the means. The 6 speed manual just adds to the greatness.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Alperovich
whow. hold on. i'm not planning on selling MY legend. no way. i just want another

hehe. well, i did more talking with the guy who is trying to buy it, i'm stilling pushing him to buy it. we'll see...

i was kinda hoping for a thread full of ppl telling me to just pass on the thing :tounge:
Well its stil your decision. Dont get me wrong i like the 6speed Legends, but why 2? save your money and make a better decision.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 PM
140,000 miles young

One 6 spd legend as a daily driver, the other one as a track-ready screaming death banshee...or something like that.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

well thats just the way it sounded, perhaps i misinterpreted your post. i guess thats just the nature of car forums which are designed to be a technical resource but often turn out to be fanboy sites for owners which would rather die than drive anything else.
That is very true and I see where you're coming from, but I like to think that this is not a very fanboyish forum, as compared to a civic, or rsx or teg forum, most people on here don't believe their car to be the best thing since sliced bread and know they are slow, they just love the styling.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:58 PM
6spder

Originally Posted by underst8
One 6 spd legend as a daily driver, the other one as a track-ready screaming death banshee...or something like that.
mm yes. if i did end up getting this coupe, i'd probably strip the shit out of my coupe.

anyways, here's pics of what i call the flaws/minor details not seen in the ebay listing.

shock tower rust

window cowl rust (very common)
[img]

aftermarket radiator, on the radiator support, it says AC die added

now here's that dent i was talking about, you really can't see it in the picture

basically that line of dirt goes thru the dent

pass window frame rust

rear window

notice although the trim peice rubber is coming off, the rubber around the rear windows is in good shape

pass side wheel well common rust area

driverside wheel well

the other side of the wheel well wasn't showing any signs of rust but i'm sure its there hidding under the paint. which wasn't bubling yet

that's pretty much the limit of exterior flaws, only other thing i did notice was the spoiler wasn't stock (although its a OEM spoiler) b/c when we popped the trunk it wouldn't stay open by itself (ie it has the weaker non spoiler trunk springs)

the rest is interior

burl wood stress crack

armrest

pass seat bottom

pass seat bolster

pass door scuff

unclean glove box

rubber door thingie, torn like them all (but my boss's coupe )

speaker cover

door pocket leather is lifting (this happens to every legend i've seen, including mine and all my parts cars and boss's coupe)

window sticker!

so thats pretty much it, i forgot to snap a driver's seat picture. it did have bolster wear. but no tears or rips. carpet was clean, OEM mat in the trunk was a little dirty, the pedals were not worn, which is a good sign, since i replaced mine last year and the clutch pedal is already worn!!

idk, i drove my CL around a little today, its nice too but no Legend. Again, i'm still trying to convince the guy that he should get it. this is only if he backs out.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

GOTTAMN with the LEGEND posts again..
Old 01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Drifting

after you posting pics, ima say keep the CL. yours is pretty mint except for that dent. this car has numberous rust and molding problems which will lead to more rust and body deterioration. the interior is a little beat too. doesnt seem worth it...
Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
GOTTAMN with the LEGEND posts again..
Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM
hmm...

3k$ for a Legend with tan interior and several spots of surface rust? IDK, it looks decent but is it really worth it? Unless you can get a decent amount for your cl and then can really mod your other legend, I say no. 216k may not be that much for a honda engine, but it's not young, that's for sure. However, 3k isn't that much for a legend. God, I'm more indecisive than you
Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by aqua1stgen
3k$ for a Legend with tan interior and several spots of surface rust? IDK, it looks decent but is it really worth it? Unless you can get a decent amount for your cl and then can really mod your other legend, I say no. 216k may not be that much for a honda engine, but it's not young, that's for sure. However, 3k isn't that much for a legend. God, I'm more indecisive than you

its an older car with lots of milage and rust...and its 3k is only a good deal cuz its a 6spd legend, which are rare as fuck
Old 01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I win

u got any pics of ur boss's legend
Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 PM
140,000 miles young

hmmm. There is a lot of nitty gritty things that would sway me away. The only really worrisome one being that shock tower rust - that's one place you don't want weak metal. One option, gut this one make this your track car, swapping some parts from your black one and making that your more restrained dd. or would that be heresy?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

dude i dont go on integra forums and brag about my CL all day long...
Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Drifting

whos drivetrain/tranny/shifter is from a prelude...not that much CL left there if you ask me.

and he wasn't bragging, he was asking a question/asking for advice.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
6spder

geez relax. this was CL related. I needed some out side of legend community advice, which was directly related to my CL also.

I think I'm gonna stay with the CL. its alot more practical. it only has 79k, runs alright, makes a excellent DD.

I thought about make that my race car but then i'd have to swap motors and stuff (remember my legend has a fresh motor, under 10,000miles. PLUS alot of other work i've put in, it would be too much hassle.

Thanx for the comments. Sorry to keep posting about my legend, but ya kno, i'll keep doing that.

oh and i always have some pictures of something , here's some of my boss's coupe

its the gold one duh

(the sedan pictured is his too)

Old 01-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Overall, i think alot of us would say the 6spd legend is a better car than the CL (6spd, more hp, sportier look,etc). But i just think that in comparison to that Legend, id keep the CL. That thing has a pretty good amount of rust, and a shitload of miles. I know Honda engines can last a while but that still doesn't mean the rest of the car hasn't seen 200k+miles.

Stick with the car that has ALOT less miles.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Wow, lots of rust, keep your CL
Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Sounders FC

IMO, not worth it because
1) Too much rust (who knows how much more is hiding under paint!)
2) Too many miles (yes, it's a honda, but with great miles comes great responsibility)
3) Car is 15 years old!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

whos drivetrain/tranny/shifter is from a prelude...not that much CL left there if you ask me.

and he wasn't bragging, he was asking a question/asking for advice.
he had a CL photo shoot with 3 CL pics and 8 of his legend. I understand anyone being proud of there baby, but fuck he started a thread about a rusted ass legend to replace his CL he just got.

my car is a hybrid but its still a CL first. im done bitching , buy another legend .
Old 01-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Senior Moderator

um i guess you didn't see this on the BM

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/sold-fs-92-acura-legend-l-coupe-5spd-%242200-381971/
Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
6spder

he had a CL photo shoot with 3 CL pics and 8 of his legend. I understand anyone being proud of there baby, but fuck he started a thread about a rusted ass legend to replace his CL he just got.

my car is a hybrid but its still a CL first. im done bitching , buy another legend .
its really not that rusted. it HAS less rust then my Legend has when i bought it 3 years ago with 165k, now i've fixed most of the rust and it has 193k.

Mileage on LEgends is NOTHING. we have forum members with 300k and in excellent condition.

yea it has the early stages of rust, shit its a old car but original owner! paint looks really good except where i pointed it out.

it was serviced at brookfield acura! brookfield Acura. The goto NSX dealership. NSX guys in chicago driver their NSX's to brookfield for service!

okay, anyways, i'm not getting the car. If i get it, i'll have 4 cars, 2 of which i'll be trying to sell. all of which can and WILL hinder my special project on my Legend.

and just for the your info my last photoshoot, had 7 pictures of the CL and Legend together (which thats what the shoot was about, the Legend and CL together) THEN I included 5 shots of just the Legend.

so really you are just being an ass.

That Legend with 216k drove a million times better then my CL with 79k, it made driving my CL actually feel like i was driving a Civic with leather. Makes me excited about driving my Legend once it gets warmer
Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
contrarian in fashion

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
the legend looks like a big version of a 90 accord IMO...
Old 01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
6spder

thats cool. atleast its not an accord.

BUT eitherway, you guys are right, its not worth it for me at the moment to sell the CL and get the Legend. although the Legend is my choice over the CL.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alperovich
thats cool. atleast its not an accord.

BUT eitherway, you guys are right, its not worth it for me at the moment to sell the CL and get the Legend. although the Legend is my choice over the CL.
not worth it
get your black one painted in the mean time.
oh and discussing legends so much in this thread makes me wanna get one. probably cuz i drove my friends 95 ls sedan 2 weeks ago. wow, what a car

Quick Reply: some one talk some sense into me!!