Since the Track Was Closed . . . / QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 10:35 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since the Track Was Closed . . . / QUESTION

. . . for Mother's Day, I did some random work on the CL (for anyone who cares).

[I had planned to go to the local track and get my 13-second time slip, but they were closed for Mother's Day. ]

I fixed my nitrous gauge. Not only had the casing gotten loose from the neck, the damn needle wasn't set at absolute Zero.

FINALLY, I got my Drag Radials mounted on the stock rims! DAMN, those tires are sticky!!!!!!

My obnoxiously-loud exhaust had gotten even louder over the past 3 weeks!!!! The gasket in between the mid-pipe and the axle-back had crumbled and fallen out. WHAT A BITCH is was to replace it!!!! Try to hold the 2 pipe sections together with one hand (keep in mind that the tension on the hangers were pulling the 2 pipes apart) while trying to thread a nut on the spring-loaded bolts (all the while trying to keep the new gasket from falling out before the pipes got together)! My hands hurt like hell!

Finally, I replaced the Zex plugs (and now need to change the plug wires). I'm surprised how well the plugs held up spraying as much nitrous as I do! I was just going to get OEM type wires, but with the MSD Ignition I'm putting in (soon), I'm going with bigger wires.

QUESTION: What plug wires to y'all recommend? How about Magnacor Racing wires. They're expensive as hell!
Old 05-12-2003, 01:56 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Since the Track Was Closed . . . / QUESTION

Originally posted by dustbuster4

QUESTION: What plug wires to y'all recommend? How about Magnacor Racing wires. They're expensive as hell!
i would go with the magnacor wires but for the 3.0 i got quoted 100 for all 6 at a local shop but i dont think they are the racing ones but not sure, i would say i would go with the magnacor since they are the only ones that actually you feel a little difference in the car, i heard you can gain up to 5 hp from wires supposedly but that is from a friend that said he gained 3 on the dyno from his magnacors but then again that was a civic

hows the standby motor coming along rick?

you put in the cams yet? anything else new? pics?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say go with the Magnacor 8 mm wires since I have them on my 3.0 . I feel a little diffrence with them when i launch the car. hope this helps.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Racer

Hey Dust,

I think you robably came across this but here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2414358444

I'd get them, but don't have the money at this point, and I agree they are rather expensive.

-James-
Old 05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the link!

Those are the competition wires, which would work just fine for me (except the color). I was looking into their racing wires (10mm, I believe), and they go for about $225-$250!!!

Who 'da thunk wires could cost so much!
Old 05-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Instructor

Re: Since the Track Was Closed . . . / QUESTION

[i]
QUESTION: What plug wires to y'all recommend? How about Magnacor Racing wires. They're expensive as hell! [/B]
Magnacor are expensive if you want go a cheaper route you can always get NGK or Accel cheap.... I know you don't want cheap but Accell isn't that bad.. I've heard good reviews for the price...