silencers off, WOA!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 12:43 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silencers off, WOA!

ok, i read the instructions on how to remove the air silencer, GREAT INST. and took me about 30 min, and the silncer was out. So i go for some rides today, man, even one of my buddy's asked what i did, he ran around back to check for exhuast....he he....DORK! But anyway, heres the prob...ive got a 2.2cl and everything in the engine is stock.....i know thats a prob too, but thats not the main prob..he he....my tranny never shifted smooth in the first place, but now its even more noticeable....last time i got my oil changed at this AWSOME 10 minute place they looked and said my throttle body is a bit "gummed up" and should be cleaned....im really hoping its just that and with this INCREASED airflow its just more obvious...so ima clean it all up either tomorrow or the next day. MY QUESTION IS, anyone had or have this prob with the tranny? and do you think cleaning the throttle body will fix it? and is it the tranny or throttle body?!??! Well, if anything...when i clean the throttle body ill report and improvements for anyone else having trouble! Sorry this is so long, later!
Old 01-15-2002, 05:29 AM
Swaps? $3000 for 50HP? :(

Two questions:

One, how on earth does an oil change place know what the inside of the throttle body looks like? I dont know too many places that disassemble intakes to inspect this.

Two, whens the last time you changed the tranny fluid. I think its suppossed to be done every 45K miles or so. No the throttle body wont fix the tranny.

Not sure what you meant by "shifted smooth". Are you talking clutch engagement or changing gears from one to another?
Old 01-15-2002, 09:54 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

To be safe, I replace my tranny fluid every 15k. 45k change intervals are asking for trouble with Honda's notoriously weak transmissions.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Ham Sandwich

..never. eva eva eva.. buy a automatic honda
Old 01-15-2002, 03:25 PM
AWD Torque Monster

yo hopefully u got extenede warrenty for acura. that way fuck it. let that shit break and get a new tranny. otherwise that makes no sense. i mean u sure its just not shifitin right or ur engine is just boggin down?? cuz with my 2.2 i make sure to use fuel treatments often cuz other wise my shit dotn run smooth. step on oi nothin happens then BAM!!! tons of power. i just use shit every 3ooo miles when i chnage the oil and every now and then i spray cleaner right into my intake with te engine at idle. that really works the best for me.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:45 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

the oil change place does tons of other shit, when the change my oil they check wipers, oil door hinges, and check intake filter......i told them about the shifting and they checked intake manifold.....we will see, ima clean her up anyway! LATER GUYS
Old 01-15-2002, 09:05 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you guys seen those commercials with the 'ProLong' products? They sell a shit load of additives thats supposed to basically be a total clean up of ur car. They've got this like bundle pack at pep boys. To fix the problem you guys are discussing; could this be a good solution? ~ Any oppinions on this product? Any other recommendatoins?
Old 01-15-2002, 09:48 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 97AcuraCL
have you guys seen those commercials with the 'ProLong' products? They sell a shit load of additives thats supposed to basically be a total clean up of ur car. They've got this like bundle pack at pep boys. To fix the problem you guys are discussing; could this be a good solution? ~ Any oppinions on this product? Any other recommendatoins?
I have no personal experience with these type of products (they scare me).

My thinking is this: If these products are so damn great, then why aren't the "big boys" selling them (the major oil companies, etc.)?

Sure my logic may be wrong, but I don't hear many folks talking about the benfits of many of these products.

I may change my mind if there is consistent proof that these products work done by independent labs.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:30 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

funny shit....i went to auto zone today and bought some prolong, before reading the new posts!, and its a tranny additive to smooth out shit and refresh lost HP...bla bla bla....WELL< IT WORKED! IM BACK TO PRO! AND I DEFINETLY NOTICE A DIFFERENCE, no joke guys.....fuck, it was worth the 10 or so bucks!...i say do it if in dought, im pleased i did!......oh the fuel injector cleaner, go for it.......valvoline, everyone makes it....but its awsome too, put it in on an empty tank, and fill her up and ride away, youll notice it bout half way through that tank.....it's always good to give the car a little extra lovin anyway! LATER