Several things...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Acura's All Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several things...

Ok guys I don't know if I've asked this before but... for the past year or so it has started to happen more and more often but occasionally when I crank my car it will idle really low as to where it will shake continuously to where it will sometimes cut off ifi don't rev it up then it will idle normal. My stepdad believes I need to replace the fuel filter. Could that cause it? Anyone else experience this issue? Second thing is I want a new exhaust sytem what would you all recommend I wanted dual but have been told its impossible on our 3.0s. I do not like the loud ricey sound. Im looking for a deep tone. If I could make it sound like a v8 I would. Im looking for a sound kinda like that of a infiniti g35 etc. Third what would you all recommend to improve 0- 60 time I've got 213,000 miles on her just had a tune up at 210,000 only mod is a aem short ram intake which doesnt improve my 0-60 for some reason im running about 8 secs with or without the intake. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by BadassAcuraCl; 11-09-2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot something lol
Old 11-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Staggered 1st Gen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
sounds to me like your alternator. (which would be why revving is the only way to keep it from dying). Do you have troubles starting the car? Any noticeable loss in power when the headlights and ac and all accessories are turned on?

as for 0-60 time. lawls. forget about it dude. Our cars weren't made for 0-60. If you're serious about it, bolt a turbo on there or do a cl-s swap. Else you're going to be paying over 1k for bolt-ons for negligable gains
Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Acura's All Day

I guess the alternator ould be the issue, however I have never noticed any decrease in power when all of the acc"s" are on. If it night time and in park idling and the lights are on etc, and you cutt the dome lights on or something everything else will dim, and somewhat surge, but to my knowledge the car has always done that, and its extremely slow when the a/c is on lol.I dont know I have always thought my car was pretty quick, and I guess it is compared to your average street car, I will say Ive had my doors blown off by a 06 Hyundai Tiburon, it was a 6 speed, but I wanted to cry when I seen it was pulling away from me and I was giving mine all it had lol. I dont know what I will do as far as power goes lol. Itd be great to put a 3.5 in it muahahahahaha. I know thats been done before lol. But I dont have that kind of money... One day maybe
Old 11-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
#1, your alternator or battery seems to be the culprit, check them both. The issue seems to be electrical of some sort. As for dual exhaust, it'll be a waste of time. If you want your car to sound like a g35, ur gonna have to buy a g35.

I guess the Tibby didn't think ur CL was so Badass after all huh LOL. You might fair better in competition with other cars if you seafoam ur car, get plugs/oem wires, pulleys, headers and a more free flowing exhaust to go with your intake. Did you also remove your resonator box? Won't guarantee you to win, but it'll help the car run better with less restrictions and newer parts.

Last edited by DaInFaMMuS1; 11-10-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Racer

I seem to get that same idling problem after long drives where I'll shut off the car,then start it back up. Like going in and out to get some food somewhere. Only happens on hot days... I just rev it up a bit. Throw in into drive and once you're in drive it usually won't stall out. Don't think it's an electrical issue.