Rust on my trunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rust on my trunk

I was washing my car today and i saw some rust spots on the trunk around the emblem. The paint is not chipped at all but the rust is spread out within a cirlce of about 12 inches, around the center emblem. I went to the dealership to see what the deal was becasue i know that this is covered in the warrenty, but he told me when he looked at it that it was not a paint defect, and that something had splashed on it and that was causeing the rust. Now i have no idea what would splash on the trunk and cause rust. So can anyone help me out on this? Should this be covered by the warrenty? And what would cause the rust? Oh and the car is a 99 with 38K if that matters. Thanks for the help.

Andrew
Old 02-23-2002, 02:44 PM

I dont think anything that would splash on a car would cause it to rust, unless you park your car near containers of acid or something. Dont acura's have a 6 year rust warranty?
Old 02-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a spot that rusted on my 98 CL. It was due to bad prep work. I also took it to two different dealerships. Since I moved from the area I bought the car, I took it to the closest dealership. They thought I was stupid and said that their detailers took care of it. When I looked at it, I could still see the rust. From there, I took it back to the dealership I bought it from. That's where they took care of the problem.

That definately should be covered under your warranty.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:22 AM
2nd Gear

i actually work for a Stealership.. i mean Dealership.. and this is where the rust warrantee gets a lil messed up.. im almost positive that the acura warranty is the same as toyotas (i work for a toyota dealer here in milwaukee) it is acutally 5 or 6yr Rust Perforation warranty.. this means surface rust isnt corvered.. only rust that acutally makes a hole in the body.. rust that "perforates" a panel.. i think its stupid too, because if u have surface rust, eventually it will cause a hole.. but anyways.. it is void if theres a scratch, dent or anything else that happened that is not the responsibility of the manufacturer.. so if its something they can blame on you.. then its not their problem. so i hope that helped out a lil bit.. now what id go about doing is go to the service manager show him the affected area and also try and contact the new car manager form the dealer you purchased the car.. see what they can do to resolve the situation.. you may be able to have it taken care of.. but it really isnt their responsiblity if its not a defect from acura...

jonathan
2.2cl
Old 02-24-2002, 06:04 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the help guys,alwas appricicated. When i showed the service manager the rust he told me the trunk had been repainted before and that the rust was on the top, because he could feel rough edges. So now i don;t know what to do.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:16 PM
fellow MASShole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by acura2.3
Thanks for the help guys,alwas appricicated. When i showed the service manager the rust he told me the trunk had been repainted before and that the rust was on the top, because he could feel rough edges. So now i don;t know what to do.

just get the lube out and bend over..... nothin else u can do

fuckin shady dealers:sqntfawk:

MaCe