Remote Car Starter Problems..Need Help..!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Car Starter Problems..Need Help..!

Hi guys..I just got a Remote Car Starter (Avital 4200) installed on my car...I am having a problem with the starter now and want to see if you guys know what it can be..When they started my car with the remote car starter at the place it started up fine and everything and it drove smooth..I went to Advanced Auto to get something real quick and when I got out I started it with the key and it acted weird but then I drove and it was smooth...So I'm home and I start it with the key again,then start to take off and then it acts weird and starts to make a puttin sound and jerks a little and the check engine light blinks, then comes on and stays lit...So I stop the car,turn it off and then start it back up using the remote starter and it starts up like it usually did before it was installed,then I drive and it drives fine but check engine light stays on..I am bringing it back to the installed tomorrow but they said they have no idea what it can be...Does anybody know what could be happening..If you need any more info please just post in here and I will answer..This is just really bugging me out a little bit..Thank you very much..You guys are always a really good help to people..
Old 01-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diplomat2387
Hi guys..I just got a Remote Car Starter (Avital 4200) installed on my car...I am having a problem with the starter now and want to see if you guys know what it can be..When they started my car with the remote car starter at the place it started up fine and everything and it drove smooth..I went to Advanced Auto to get something real quick and when I got out I started it with the key and it acted weird but then I drove and it was smooth...So I'm home and I start it with the key again,then start to take off and then it acts weird and starts to make a puttin sound and jerks a little and the check engine light blinks, then comes on and stays lit...So I stop the car,turn it off and then start it back up using the remote starter and it starts up like it usually did before it was installed,then I drive and it drives fine but check engine light stays on..I am bringing it back to the installed tomorrow but they said they have no idea what it can be...Does anybody know what could be happening..If you need any more info please just post in here and I will answer..This is just really bugging me out a little bit..Thank you very much..You guys are always a really good help to people..
Okay car was okay for 1 day and now it is acting up again..I got the check engine light checked out and they said it came up as a cylinder misfire..What could be the problem...?..I think I may get the remote car starter tooken out and get it put it in by another installer..