61.22%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

RECIEVED HATE EMAIL from my cars.com ad

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RECIEVED HATE EMAIL from my cars.com ad

from a fellow 1st gen who seems to think my cl is the same as his and just like every other cl out there.

HIS EMAIL

It's sad that you should attempt to BS people into actually thinking this is "one of a kind"...I mean, it's nice, but the only thing separating this car from mine is :
the spoiler (by choice, let me tell ya), the year (I have a '99), the transmission (mine is a 5spd), the color (mine is champagne), the corner lenses (clear), and the parts brand names (I used a Kamikaze header, Skunk2 intake, Velox 18" VX8's in gunmetal, and custom fabricated and tuned full exhaust, etc.) and I.C.E. components, and the brakes (I didn't go slotted, cause the eat brakepads during hard daily driving)..not to mention that I chipped mine as well.
Regardless, it appears that people throw the phrase "one of a kind" around entirely too much...you do realize that 1) people that go to Acura-Cl.com will find cars very similar to yours, and quite a few that outshine it by far, and 2) the more cars they find like that, the more yours will not only look less "one of a kind", but the more they'll think you're full of it for attempting to use that label???
Just trying to help. Don't think it's a dis on the car...I LOVE the first generation CL lines..especially when tweeked.

MY RESPONSE

u need to go over to ACura-CL.com

none look like mine. yes there are others with more agressive bodykits, but thats not my style. both bumpers are complete custom. you must have missed that. everything is molded no lips. you also must have missed the fact that it has custom bmw xenon projector setup. not some crap kit. to this day it is the cleanest xenon projector setup in a 1st gen i have seen to date. u find me another cl done in the super clean oem look. then i'll agree. the fact that u seem to think my car looks like stock is a compliment. (ask Foose) you must not have looked at the pics to think your car is similar to mine. you dont even have a lip let alone any type of custom kit. all you have are over the counter bolt ons nothing fully custom. i dont know why you bother to email me with hate. don't confuse your like of a different style with classifying my cl as similar to a stock one.

I started a new thread over at A-CL.com about this an i doubt anyone will agree with you.

peace
Old 12-28-2004, 07:39 PM
112K and on 1st tranny!

what a cocksucker.....

Your CL is my favorite, partly b/c it's black (black rocks!), and it IS so "stock-looking"....
Old 12-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
haha tell that idiot to swallow a tampon and drink a cup of water
Old 12-28-2004, 07:46 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
show yourself you queer.... you have no idea what your talking about and i hope you linked this thread into that email
Old 12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
112K and on 1st tranny!

yeah I wanna know who this loser is too, maybe he has some balls and he wil show his face here. But it would also reiterate his stupidity.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:01 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by shineynitelite
show yourself you queer.... you have no idea what your talking about and i hope you linked this thread into that email

i did.

i cant understand why he emailed me. maybe the fact that the car is black hides the body work, but still anyone who really knows 1st gens would know right away it was modified.

also i hope i didnt come off sayin my cl is the nicest around. i know the majority of members on here love the super agressive look, but there are a few that prefer ambers and the clean oem look. Either side can appreciate the other's style.

peace
Old 12-28-2004, 08:04 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Here's the ad incase you guys want to see where his eamil stemmed from.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...g&aff=national

i appreciate the support but
PLEASE VOTE HONESTLY AND NOT TO JUST SUPPORT ME.
if you hate my car and think you should take a dump on it please say so

peace
Old 12-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Suzuka Master

VXCL you know that i've always thought your shit is some of the cleanest around and to be honest this guy must not have had his cl very long or had one at all to not notice the work done to yours. The clean style is overlooked by many people who dont have a keen eye for the car in question and i can see why this douche would think to say something when he really should have shut the fuck up and talked about something he knows...like his moms teet. /rant
Old 12-28-2004, 08:24 PM
AWD Torque Monster

i got another email from diff address
CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Preferred Contact Method: email
Name: HughG Rection
Address:
E-Mail: HughGRection@yahoo.com
Zip code: 11134
Daytime Phone: 212-521-1234
Evening Phone:
Comments: Your pos four bange sucks ass. I thought you should know

hahaha
these people are prob 17 yr olds.

or if it was one of u bastards then its funny.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:26 PM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

hugh g rection someone on here has a sense of humor
Old 12-28-2004, 08:30 PM
2.2CL owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guess he's trying to explain to your the meaning of "ONE OF A KIND"

Old 12-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Suzuka Master

man, you have four bange's? nice VX

if your going to insult someone with so few words at least type it in Word and check for spelling mistakes fuckin jackass haha
Old 12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nobody knows anything about cars these days, all the people looking at those ads mike are little ricers with POS hatchbacks with nothing but a homemade PVC intake and a chip that will fry their ecu from ebay for 5 bucks and one of those NOS quick triggers with the whippit canisters

dont worry man i voted for your one of a kind ride, it will be to look at for years to come, try to get into a nice driver, and make sure he knows how to drive it and not some dumb ass kid that will mess it up and hit a curb or those little tire curbs at grocery stores, hitting your custom kit and cracking it would make me cry q
Old 12-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

dam i wish i had money that car looks hot as shiet
Old 12-28-2004, 09:18 PM
Im No Superman

HEY HATE MAIL GUY: IF UR READING THIS... EFF U!! WE ALL @ ACURA-CL.COM THINK U HAVE A SMALL PENIS! Obviously your never on this side and know nothing about your CL. Foolish idiot, thinking your crappy ricey ass 99 CL is anything close to custom, you aint got nothin on VX you mediocure butt sniffer.

and this fool..

Originally Posted by VXCL
i got another email from diff address
CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Preferred Contact Method: email
Name: HughG Rection
Address:
E-Mail: HughGRection@yahoo.com
Daytime Phone: 212-521-1234
Evening Phone:
Comments: Your pos four bange sucks ass. I thought you should know

hahaha
these people are prob 17 yr olds.

or if it was one of u bastards then its funny.
omfg we should all use this fools # n call male strippers to his house... die
Old 12-28-2004, 09:19 PM
Im No Superman

dude vx yours is one of my favs.. its very very nicely done.

not only one of a kind but one of your favorites |9| 69.23%

the #'s dont lie.. 69% of the ppl who voted find yours one of our favs
Old 12-28-2004, 09:33 PM
AWD Torque Monster

more emails

is this one of you bastards???

Name: Sacha Paine-Diaz
Address:
E-Mail: SaschaPaineDiaz@yahoo.com
Daytime Phone: 716-224-7890
Evening Phone:
Comments: This car is a rolling douche mobile. 2.3 liters is smaller than a baby's penis. Who the hell would want to be seen driving a rolling maxi-pad like this?

Address:
E-Mail: JebusChristmas@yahoo.com
Zip code: 72113
Daytime Phone: 561-788-4952
Evening Phone:
Comments: "ONE OF A KIND!"? My turds are also one of a kind but at least I don't go around trying to sell them for ten grand! This is just another eight year old ricey four banger. What the f%%^ are you trying to pull man? You oughta have your head examined. There's something definitely wrong wit' you.

i dont think this is the dude from the email. these guys or guys are funny fuckers.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:42 PM
1-2-3-4-5-6-speeeeeed!!!!

Mike, fuck these assholes, they are just jealous, for someone like my self who saw your car multiple times, it is worth more than 10k!!

good luck man, I will keep an eye out for any buyers!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:57 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
those guys are cracked out.....
in my opinion u got one of the nicest CL that i have ever seen .....what kind of cars to those other guys have??
Old 12-28-2004, 10:01 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by CLASSYCLS
Mike, fuck these assholes, they are just jealous, for someone like my self who saw your car multiple times, it is worth more than 10k!!

good luck man, I will keep an eye out for any buyers!
thanks bud. too bad i couldnt make it to the last li meet wheni had the rims on it. i do have a new sooby though. although the trip there puts a beating on the car. damn ny potholes
Old 12-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Instructor

Sounds like a novice who does not appreciate custom work or top of the line parts. I know it hard to ignore ignorant people but I wouldnt worry about it too much your car was clean. Its crazy because he compared all those cheap parts he has to your quality top end parts. He is DUMB I tell you!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Suzuka Master

LOL, he's like "but the only thing separating this car from mine is: this, and this, and this, and this, and this, etc...." HAHA
Old 12-28-2004, 11:01 PM
CL smashin

Damn haters. Fuck em.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:41 AM
AWD Torque Monster

2nd email
I think you pretty much replied, word for word, how I would have expected. Most unoriginal cats trying to come off more original than they have potential for tend to react the same way to this sort of criticism.
#1) I can't help but feel that a certain headlight setup qualifies you as "one of a kind". I mean, in that respect, I could rip the hood off any car, mount it upside down, and call it "one of a kind". That's absolutely retarded.
#2) I never said anything about our cars being "similar", I just pointed out the few differences and how, once again, they don't make EITHER of our cars "one of a kind".
#3) Yes, I'm aware of Chip Foose's philosophy and, for the record, I didn't say your car looks stock...in fact, that rear bumper doesn't seem to go with the entire car.
#4) Point of fact, I DO have a lip (now) on my CL, but, and I hate to sound like a broken record, IT IS STILL NOT "ONE OF A KIND".
Finally, a few opinions, of whom I can't verify whether th! ey know you or not, and, personally, I could care less, do not change the simple fact...your car is not "one of a kind", per se, and you need to stop frontin'. I mean, what's the big problem anyway???? I think I made it abundantly clear that I wasn't hating your car...I specifically said I love CLs' lines and I liked the look of yours. I guess your over-defensiveness speaks for itself. Maybe you aren't quite sure, yourself, mmmmmm?

my response
I still don't see where you're comming from. I never said it was a show car. The fact is you cannot just go out and find a CL that is like mine. I could understand if it was a Civic with a body kit. You can buy that stuff anywhere. Owning a CL you should know that there is nothing out there for our car. If I even see another cl with any type of body work it is rare. Even at CL meets especially a 1st gen meet. I can also honestly say there is less then a handful of people with a 1st gen CL with a xenon projector retro. They are one of a kind themselves. What would qualify as one of a kind then? If Acura made only one CL and I had it? I would consider several members of A-CL as having a one of a kind car. Again if they were Civics I wouldn't becuase there is an infinite amount of them and modded ones are a dime a dozen. A modded CL is rare and those with custom work are far less. Maybe where you live there are alot of modded CLs for some reason, but in the tristate area it's rare that I even see more then 1 stock CL a week. I know you stated you were not trying to "dis", but the overall tone seemed different.

i dont think it was him with the prank emails. if it was one of you crazy punks they were funny. step up and take credit.

i still dont know what his deal is. he keeps sayin my shit is not one of a kind, but doesn't say exactly why. Oh well. If he has no points other then tellin me my car is not one of a kind I don't see where he's comming from.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:43 AM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Damn haters. Fuck em.

outlaw your headlamp setup sux ass. I can get better ones at walmart for $20.

those 4 peeps that voted in his favor at least one of you explain yourselves. Maybe the rest of us are missing something. If you don't state your case there is no room for discussion.

I knew I should have clicked on the make voting public box.
mods can you change this??

maybe if i had actually gone through with an engine swap he might have sided with me. im not talkin no H22. a small block 350. i would have to be the only one.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's sh*t is weak man..

I'm curious to see if the person who referred you to acl.com will fess up.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Comments: This car is a rolling douche mobile. 2.3 liters is smaller than a baby's penis. Who the hell would want to be seen driving a rolling maxi-pad like this?

That was actually pretty funny.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:21 AM
'07 November = STI

what the bastards?!?! they dont know what they're talking about vxcl.. obviously just a 15, 16 year old kid that doesnt have his drivers license yet, or a car... and is browsing aimlessly through cars.com bashing on people.. what a messed up loser.. dont let it get to u man

he's on A-CL.com?? who the heck is this bastard anyways??

just a punk ass noob

btw.. your car is what made me want to pimp mine up
Old 12-29-2004, 02:35 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I'd just laugh and go on. I wouldn't even bother taking the time to deal with them. Everyone's opinion is different. Just let em be, and enjoy your day
Old 12-29-2004, 02:45 AM
NAWWWWSSSSSS

i wouldnt be surprised if you would have gotten more hate mail since you posted this

fyi i didnt email you i have better things to do, and i like your car
Old 12-29-2004, 02:54 AM
CL-
Three - Point - OH

he prob' dont kn much bout cl?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:57 AM
AWD Torque Monster

i wouldnt be surprised if you would have gotten more hate mail since you posted this
yeah but they were all pranksters and were amusing. i have a feeling they were all A-CL members. you crazy bastards. your driving the same fag mobile.

peace
Old 12-29-2004, 04:32 AM
I SMELL NAWZ

people are stupid and ignorant sometimes...

i like the hate mail from the guy hating on the car cause it has a 2.3 LOL obviously his son and him both have something incommon small dicks...stupid dick pushin faggot
Old 12-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
sup bro. dont even think for a second that your car is just like everyone elses. You took time and dedication to make your car "your car" and i admire that. The CLl has been the most difficult car I owned so far, but it is also the nicest because of its rarity. I highly doubt this person owns or even knows what a 1G CL looks like, fuck em. Your car was hot, you represented, u kicked ass and u moved on to bigger and better. Props bro, your car is one of the finest out there.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Homeless

Here's the ad incase you guys want to see where his eamil stemmed from.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...g&aff=national
I'm not a fan of the black tint, but the rest of the car is hot. Definitely one of the best 1st gen cars I've seen here.

And FWIW, by starting this thread you are only going to get more retards to email you. Best to let shit like this go.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
those fuckin etards probably dont even have licences. and that one dude ranting how its not one of a kind does not make any point at all. :whocares: what they say
Old 12-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

It was me.

What a douche bag. VXCL has one of the nicest CL's
I have ever laid my eyes on.
BTW - VXCL you're not kidding when you said that you have
the cleanest and nicest custom projector set-up.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:10 AM
GLOBO Gym Spokesman

For me, yours is one of my favorites. I like the clean look that still turns heads. Most people who want to claim the "one of a kind" look have an ugly body kit they bought for $150, still haven't painted it, lowered 3" on stock shocks so it bounces, only two aftermarket rims but 2 oversized doughnuts, an ugly sticker across the windshield, some nasty exhaust, well you get the point.

Unnecessary criticism usually stems from a source of jealousy or insecurity or both. They were probably not breast fed as a child or got beat up in the third grade because of their haircut. I'd just set them on you block senders list so they have no outlet to express their retarded views.

Good luck with the sale.

By the way – How is your 1st Gen website coming along?
Old 12-29-2004, 12:10 PM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by T_Rutl
For me, yours is one of my favorites. I like the clean look that still turns heads. Most people who want to claim the "one of a kind" look have an ugly body kit they bought for $150, still haven't painted it, lowered 3" on stock shocks so it bounces, only two aftermarket rims but 2 oversized doughnuts, an ugly sticker across the windshield, some nasty exhaust, well you get the point.

Unnecessary criticism usually stems from a source of jealousy or insecurity or both. They were probably not breast fed as a child or got beat up in the third grade because of their haircut. I'd just set them on you block senders list so they have no outlet to express their retarded views.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Sounds to me like a couple of jokers or a couple of rednecks. Those comments are unnecessary about people selling cars. These guys need to grow up and find something to do besides harrass sellers on cars.com.

Quick Reply: RECIEVED HATE EMAIL from my cars.com ad