question bout engine..

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 09:25 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
question bout engine..

Well this rivalry with my friend goes back to when he first got his integra...i know that my CL isn't to fast and that he could beat me..i accepted that fact because I know that the CL looks better and feels nicer than an integra...well one day he cracked his radiator...and it was after I installed my AEM CAI...so I was showing it off and he noticed that our radiator was metal and he goes "I wonder why I got a plastic radiator and you have a metal one"...I didn't say anything...but in my mind I was thinking..."because my car is a lot nicer than yours"...well since my head unit got stolen I've been looking for a new one...and I came across the Alpine CDA-7893...and then I learned that my friend with the integra was going to get that one...so I decided to get the CDA-7995 model...but then 2 weeks later he decided to get it cuz he found a good price on it...so now i'm getting the CDA-7998...the best model Alpine offers just to get something better than him....and the other day he told me that he was going to get an intake instead of a head unit....but i'm still gonna get the same head unit for myself...anyways...i was just wondering if he would be able to build up a stock integra engine...or is it a crappy engine?...i don't think he even has vtec...sorry for the long post...i'm somewhat venting cuz this kid has been pissing me off lately...

Edit: I forgot to tell you what year his car was..I don't know for sure..but its around 96' to 98'..but i'm positive he doesn't have VTEC..

CL'S
Old 05-19-2002, 10:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With or without VTEC the B18 is very receptive to modification. The non VTEC Integra LS only produces 145 hp, about the same as our CL. My wife has an Integra LS w/auto trans. and it's a quick little car. I was driving down a relatively deserted stretch of four lane today, and I could see a red Teg in the rear view, so I floored the CL to see if he was paying attention. He finally realized I was offering a little "open road challenge". I had the CL almost wound out in 3rd, and he was comming up in my rear view like a rocket!! Fortuneately my turn was not far away so I had to slow down, because he would have SMOKED me (he probably had a modded GSR). The moral of this story is be thankful we have an attractive and reliable car, AND DON'T RACE INTEGRAS.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Ham Sandwich

put a vtec head on it and your gone
Old 05-20-2002, 01:59 AM
Racer

i've beaten all kinds of integras
Old 05-20-2002, 02:03 AM
Burning Brakes

BOOST IT!!!!! =)

Do you have any mods on your cl? I have raced 3 integra before 2 were ls's and one gs and i gunned them both.

And also one time a gsr with short shifter, intake, headers, etc etc. beat me by half a car lenght through third then i had no chance whatsoever
Old 05-20-2002, 02:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by f0de
put a vtec head on it and your gone
A LS/VTEC conversion is nothing to play with. Its Fast! All my friends are b18 guys and we did all kinds of shit to that engine(s). the VTEC head is very popular set up and will smoke GSRs. if im not mistaking the NON vtec b18 is a stronger block.