Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 06:57 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help

OK, so this may not be the worst thing in the world but I am having a problem with my beloved CL 2.2 (96). Every couple of weeks the radio will do something really weird. It will all of sudden get like frozen. If it is on it remains on and can't be turned off or adjusted (i.e. can't change the radio station). If it is off you can't turn it on. Turning the car on and off does nothing to help the problem but after leaving the car parked overnight the next day the problem is always gone. What is going on? One other thing I should mention is that whenever this happens the LCD dims and displays weird symbols. Please Help if you have info as to what is going on or how I can remove the radio to ensure that it is fully connected. (It is the factory installed bose CD player)
Old 05-26-2002, 12:46 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site!

Sorry to hear about your radio problem.

It sounds like a bad power connection. You should pull the head unit and see if the plug is connected properly. It may also be that your radio has an internal power problem. These are just guesses.

You may want to post this question in the AV/Electronics Forum.

Good Luck!
Old 05-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Please Help

Originally posted by Aeneas
OK, so this may not be the worst thing in the world but I am having a problem with my beloved CL 2.2 (96).
Your CL is not a '96, the CL was introduced as a '97 model. Even if your CL was made in '96 it is a '97.
I would suggest just getting a better head unit. It doesn't have to be top of the line but any $150 HU is better than the bose and its not like your '97 has volume control on the steering wheel that you would no longer be able to use.