NO WAY FASTVTECL? I wrecked my car last night to

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 10:23 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO WAY FASTVTECL? I wrecked my car last night to

well, i cant believe this, i am SOOOOOOOOOo retarted, first off something all of you didnt know. I am not 16 yet, i am turning 16 in 6 weeks. anyway, i decided to take my car out for a cruise which i do pretty often. I was crusing through town ( i guess doing about 10 over) when i see red/blue lights really far back, i wanted to pretend like they werent coming for me so i turned at an intersection and hit it. I was going up this slight incline that slightly curved to the right. i was about at the next intersection when the cop was at the other intersection , the light was green so i went, doing well over 100. there was a huge straight and i never let off. at the end of this straight there was a curve in the road and another road i could turn off on... i got to nearing the end of the straight and my needle was sunk past 140, i wanted to make the turn and go into the subdivisions there and just park somewhere and chill. But i was going to fast to make the corner and i slid out and hit the guy wire. If i would have slowed down more i totally would have made it, the cop was just coming over the hill at the 2nd intersection. Both airbags deployed, the cop came up and cuffed me, i didnt even get to see my car so im not sure if its totaled, but my court date is 1-2-02 and i will definately not get my license till im at now, im so mad at myself i just dont want to live anymore, this sucks
Old 12-01-2001, 10:31 AM
Turn Signals are good!

im so mad at myself i just dont want to live anymore, this sucks
Well, dont think like that... theres always hope. Even in a situation like that... at least no one was killed. But you shouldnt have been driving!! what are you doing with a cl at 15 anyway??
Old 12-01-2001, 10:36 AM
Advanced

my parents got it for me. also, no one was hurt, me included.
Old 12-01-2001, 10:39 AM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about what happened dude !

I don't want to sound like your dad or something but be glad you're alive! I went thru the same feelings when I got speeding tickets(ie what if I had done that, maybe....) I'm 33 now and between the WTC disaster and all those episodes 'World's deadliest crashes' or whatever the hell they call it, I'm thankful to make it thru each day!
Old 12-01-2001, 11:47 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
are you in canada? cause our car doesn't reach 140 very quick. SOrry to hear about that dude, i ran from the cops once and BARELY got away w/o a wreck.
Old 12-01-2001, 12:29 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,180 Likes on 688 Posts
Sorry to hear that but you gotta be careful and why would you speed w/o a license? sorry to sound negative but...

Oh unless you are in canada like someone else said i doubt you could have buried the needle past 140 like you said cause you would have needed a lot of room if you could even get that high. Hate to say it but if you were going anywhere close to that fast you would hav totalled your car in the crash I'm surprised you are ok Good luck with everything
Old 12-01-2001, 02:21 PM
Advanced

im not in canada, it was 1:30 AM no one else on the road, i was already doing 100 when i came up on this 4 mile straight with a slight downhill slope. thats why i got it up that fast.

Ghander! you made it without getting caught!?!?! why did you run? how did you get away, the thing that sucks the most about all of this is that my friend that i was suposed to do something with on sunday told me he was pulled over when he was 15 and all the cop did was have his parents pick him up.... i did not know that was all that would happen! i m such an idiot
Old 12-01-2001, 03:56 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
well this is how it went...i passed a cop doing about 90, he was on the side of the road hiding, i saw him so just punched it instead of slowing down cause i knew he couldn't get me. I did a few turns, lost him, went flying down my street, flew down my driveway into the back garage, cop came cruising by 10 minutes later but couldn't see my car anywhere cause it was away. It was funny cause ll my friends were at my house washing our cars i had just left to go get some more soap. I cam eflying down the street and literally dirfted into my driveway. They were scared shitless when they saw the cop drive by right after.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:30 PM
Racer

wow guy alot of cop experences.......

but not as lot as me....

i been pulled over so many times, around 60...

got 12 speeding tickets and one stupid lane change....

it just cops or so sneeky now.....

oh yeah, i'm not proud of this, its because of vtec, sounds so good...
Old 12-01-2001, 06:35 PM
teh Senior Instigator

ya, i have 8 speeding tickets now and 2 other dumb ones
Old 12-01-2001, 11:11 PM
Instructor

sorry to hear it I am glad you are okay it is really good no one got hurt I remember when I crashed my CL a few months ago it cost me $9000 and a month to get it back I had 2 others in my car and I was worried about my car but then I could only think about what could have happened and that I am glad everyone was okay I got my car back 2 months ago and now I drive much much more carefully I would not have been able to get it fixed without insurance I went through an intersection and a car turned on a red light and I swerved and avoided the car and went through a 7" high curb tearing up my whole front end and the airbags went off it costs $2200 alone for the airbags to get replaced the other car didn't even stop to see if we were all okay I got lucky there was no engine or tranny or anything like that damaged and I got lucky that my frame didn't get bent

Belive me it isn't the end of the world just hang in there and everything will turn out okay
Old 12-02-2001, 12:09 AM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Say what???????????????

15 years old and has a CL?

I know you don't need another lecture, but damn kid, it would have been a helluva lot easier to just stop, get the ride home and deal with Mom and Dad later. A slap on the wrist, maybe a litle grounding, but your load would still be here and your license would be arriving soon at your 16th birthdate.

First - that comment you made about not wanting to live - complete BULL SHIT!!! We don't think nor talk like that!!! These are powerful machines you deal with, yet we take them for granted, until a situation such as this. Why do you think they make you wait until 16 to earn, that's right, earn the honor to drive? If the ol' farts in congress had their way, you would have to wait until 18 to do so - not fair if you are 15 now, to wait 3 more years. Besides, there are over 5000 people who would love to change their routine after what happened September 11th, so be aware of what you say and mean.

Second - thank the lord that you believe in that no one was hurt! Pride can be repaired, the car can be replaced, a life can't be duplicated under any circumstances.

Third - while you are on hiatus from driving, think about your actions, was that really responsible? What would you do when given a second chance, would you repeat your actions? Was it really worth it? How much trust was lost betwenn you and your parents?

Kid, you have our support here on the board, but please, PLEASE be careful when you return to the road.

Dajuice
Old 12-02-2001, 11:48 AM
Moderator Alumnus

that sucks.. but you did cause it. im not flaming you, im sure your parents have already ripped you a new asshole.

hope everything gets fixed and you are driving sometime before the age of 25.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:19 PM
Advanced

thanks guys , well... i thought i would get in deep crap if i got pulled over under age, like no license till 18 or something heavy, i found out afterwards that all that would have happened is they would have had my parents come pick me up. they would not have even cared. thats why i feel so stupid. I am actually a really good driver, just inexperienced at that rate of speed. The reason i feel so dumb is because i should have just pulled over, no big deal. but i felt like being a bad ass and i thought i could get away