The new whip! (56k maybe? :-/)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007 | 01:30 PM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by Palayah8ta
the 330 Ci my brother has is soooo much fun to drive, too bad his sun roof doesnt close, and his windows dont roll down

LOL
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:53 PM
Drifting

the 330 Ci my brother has is soooo much fun to drive, too bad his sun roof doesnt close, and his windows dont roll down
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:58 PM
Just Kruzn

Originally Posted by CleanCL
prepare yourself for tons of problems.
tons of problems? I have same car, and never had any problems with it, just like with my Cl :-)
Old 09-24-2007 | 11:12 PM
Just Kruzn

OMG some of you are almost hating the car bcause it's a BMW or because it's not an Acura. and some are glad for the guy, and we all should be. He is the one driving it, and wether he will or will not have any problems show some suport instead of pointing and insinuating that he shoudl get a "second" job to pay for the mainteinance. So yeah maybe German cars are more prone to break easily, which doesn't mean they are bad cars. It all depends on how one cares for his whip, wether it's German, Asian, American or whatever. And I'm not saying it because I own one too, I'm saying it because I've put exactly the same amount of miles on both cars and I've never had any issues with neither of them. Love both the CL and my 3 series. Both completely different cars that give a completely different driving experience. So there:-)

A car is a car and a true auto enthusiast will appreciate any make instead of bashing it!
Old 09-24-2007 | 11:23 PM
Burning Brakes

BMW's are amazing and are still the pinnacle of the auto industry. If i could trade my CL in for a 3 series, id do it in a heartbeat.
Old 09-25-2007 | 07:16 AM
Instructor

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I must say that I've always thought that BMW's are by far the sexiest looking cars on the road right next to Porsche. I've driven an M3, 3 series, and 7 series and I've been astounded by the way they handle and how solid they feel. Those babies were made for performance and the Germans are incredibly good at pretty much everything they produce. (Weapons, cars, they put the U.S. into space for crying out loud)

My only real problem with BMW is the maintenance, although part of the reason for such expensive maintenance is simply because it's an expensive car and Germans take a lot of pride in everything they build. I still prefer Honda/Acura just because I like to get a ridiculous amount of miles out of my car. You might see a BMW/Mercedes on the road with 150k or maybe even 200k once in a while, but not nearly as often.

Just don't buy American cars and you'll be okay.
Old 09-25-2007 | 07:54 AM
Suzuka Master

blah blah blah, there are cars i would gladly take over an acura, but BMW is NOT one of them.
Old 09-25-2007 | 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by MidnightHlwdCL
A car is a car and a true auto enthusiast will appreciate any make instead of bashing it!
It's more jealousy on here i think
Old 09-25-2007 | 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

haha, you guys crack me up. a true enthusiast knows that BMWs are filled with problems. take it from someone who has driven M3s/M5s hard and see hows they fall apart. their great cars if you want to 'look' cool, but it doesn't look so cool when you are trying to race and the thing falls apart.
Old 09-25-2007 | 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

True any real enthusiast knows they have problems, but you can say that with any car, you think a ferrari or lambo doesn't have problems? Doesn't mean that a Bimmer isn't a nice car or that some people are jealous that a member is driving a 6 y/o bimmer instead of a 10 y/o american honda, sure it's a status thing, but people are people. There's no secret that german cars need maintenance or have problems, but so do japanese cars, just in different ways
Old 09-25-2007 | 12:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MidnightHlwdCL
OMG some of you are almost hating the car bcause it's a BMW or because it's not an Acura. and some are glad for the guy, and we all should be. He is the one driving it, and wether he will or will not have any problems show some suport instead of pointing and insinuating that he shoudl get a "second" job to pay for the mainteinance. So yeah maybe German cars are more prone to break easily, which doesn't mean they are bad cars. It all depends on how one cares for his whip, wether it's German, Asian, American or whatever. And I'm not saying it because I own one too, I'm saying it because I've put exactly the same amount of miles on both cars and I've never had any issues with neither of them. Love both the CL and my 3 series. Both completely different cars that give a completely different driving experience. So there:-)

Nominated for best post of all time.

Just for the record, I never said the car wouldn't need maintenance, and I never bashed the CL. I do know the kind of maintenance that BMWs require and i'm not too worried about it. Someone said earlier if you can afford it, enjoy it. That's the truth, if it's what I want to do, let me enjoy it and be happy that someone on these boards lost his CL but still managed to get an amazing car. It definately seems as though most people replying just despise BMW without a reason other than it's not ACURA.

Everyone is giving speaches about maintenance, but at 100k miles I was about to replace the transmission on my CL, and at 100k on this BMW nothing has gone wrong. Wait I lied, the passenger side mirror doesn't always look down when I put it in reverse. Now sure, something is eventually going to go wrong, but that's true with every car.

I am honestly suprised at how a lot of people responded to this thread, I really never saw any hostility or bashing on these forums unless someone was being a complete tool. All I did was post a picture of my new car since a lot of people asked what I was going to look for. I don't need a car to pick up chics, I've got the same girl now that I had 3 years ago when I was rocking a 9 year old cavalier, and god does she lookin fuckin sexy steppin out of my bimmer

I'm happy with the purchase, to say it was a bad deal is just you talking when you really don't know anything. Maybe it would be a bad deal if I didn't know what I was getting into but I did, and guess what. It's worth it to me, and in the end that is ALL that matters. So seriously, stop bashing, just hop in your car and enjoy it. I know I will mine, and maybe we can meat at a redlight one day
Old 09-25-2007 | 12:40 PM
Ciao Pho Eva eva

Originally Posted by Eo2k1

I'm happy with the purchase

Thats all that matters. Its the fucking ultimate driving machine, and if you've never driven one, you cant say otherwise.
Old 09-25-2007 | 12:41 PM
Instructor

Thats all that matters. Its the fucking ultimate driving machine, and if you've never driven one, you cant say otherwise.

I always thought that was the best slogan ever, but I never really bought into it until I drove one, and damn, is it ever.
Old 09-25-2007 | 01:02 PM
Your mom is in

lol yea, this thread got outa hand...haha someone said your car was pimp, and i said, "yea its a bmw", then someone was like "so that makes it better than acura?~!!!" and i said "no, just that it can probably pick up more girls cause its 'pimp' " haha f this shit

bottom line is you got an awesome car, im happy for you, now race me in my CLS... it likes the taste of bimmers....

JUST KIDDING

oh and lets all just be friends
Old 09-25-2007 | 01:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by thevikas87
lol yea, this thread got outa hand...haha someone said your car was pimp, and i said, "yea its a bmw", then someone was like "so that makes it better than acura?~!!!" and i said "no, just that it can probably pick up more girls cause its 'pimp' " haha f this shit

bottom line is you got an awesome car, im happy for you, now race me in my CLS... it likes the taste of bimmers....

JUST KIDDING

oh and lets all just be friends

LOL yea yea, just because it says Type S, I'd take you if it was just a 3.2!!!
Old 09-25-2007 | 01:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

and Glad you're happy with it, most people on here automatically jump to the bashing that it needs maintenance cuz they know they couldn't afford the upkeep, but like you said you knew about it, anyone that knows cars knows about it, just as we know we have to drop 3 grand on a transmission at times. You def are riding pimp status, and the car is beautiful and if you like it, good for you. Just watch out for the idiots on the bimmer forums, you think this bashing was bad, they're a lot worse on bimmer forums, lol
Old 09-25-2007 | 09:55 PM
Just Kruzn

Originally Posted by Eo2k1
Nominated for best post of all time.

I'm happy with the purchase, just hop in your car and enjoy it. I know I will mine, and maybe we can meat at a redlight one day

Thanks and great response!! Just enjoy it and have fun !!

And thanks to rest of you for supporting the former Acura member:-))

Now I'm hestitant if I should post pics of my new whip ... we don't wanna go thorugh this again (since I got a bimmer too) lol.
Old 09-25-2007 | 10:00 PM
Instructor

lol, definately post them!! Add them to this thread if you don't wanna make your own :P I wanna see it!
Old 09-25-2007 | 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

honda's are wack enjoy the bimmer kid. i hope to see you dropped and sittin on some BBS Style-5's with streched tires.

and that means 195/45/R17's
Old 09-25-2007 | 10:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 972xghost
honda's are wack enjoy the bimmer kid. i hope to see you dropped and sittin on some BBS Style-5's with streched tires.

so why do
a) u own a honda product?
b) defend ur buddy who puts honda badges on an acura?
Old 09-25-2007 | 11:59 PM
where is....

Originally Posted by 972xghost

....i thought you're super honda fan boy?
Old 09-26-2007 | 12:55 AM
W WHIP.

BMW's are amazing cars. You people dont have much going on your lives if you're honestly going to start shit 1. on the internet 2. about a car 3. other people's opinions. Come on guys, lets grow up a little. My friend has an X5 and a 330xi. He's 18. BOTH are his. Bash him too while you're at it.
Old 09-26-2007 | 02:33 AM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by Dicorp
so why do
a) u own a honda product?
b) defend ur buddy who puts honda badges on an acura?

Who are you? You're annoying. Go get your bumper clip fixed.
Old 09-26-2007 | 07:21 AM
Suzuka Master

it was somewhat of a joke. bmw is my 2nd fav. manufactuer why so quick to jump on me?? i was just trying to extinguish the BMW hate for a second.

i only defend the Euro-R, cuz most of the ppl that call out the dude out dont got shit to show for on there own cars.

and i am super honda fan boy, unlike more than half the people on this site, that own a acura, and can give a shit this about the rest honda scene. cuz the ego of having an acura gets in the way.

how typical for Azn to always have a smart ass comment.
Old 09-26-2007 | 08:05 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by thevikas87
Who are you? You're annoying. Go get your bumper clip fixed.
lol, who are you? lemme guess the indian guy?
and how am i annoying, if u've ever read anything i posted, i dont post meaningless shit...i just asked him a question. and my bumper is getting fixed, thanks.
dont you own a 2nd gen anyways? go play there,
Old 09-26-2007 | 08:55 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Alright, you guys ruined his thread. Congrats on the new car bro, yeah 1st gen CL forum is still the same Sorry about your thread, I tried to keep it on topic. /thread