New here. Play nice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:32 PM
playin wit mah bawlz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here. Play nice.

Sup. My name is Jesse and I'm a 26 y/o male from Chicago. Just recently purchased a black 99 3.0CL from Carmax after my 95 Nissan Sentra was jacked downtown. Bought it with 112,500 miles on the odo. I'm a Master Scheduler at a frozen pizza factory in the burbs and am also a dj/producer/promoter and throw events in the Chicago area.

At the recommendation of a friend (Acura master tech), I had the belt tensioner and belts replaced by Carmax. They also replaced the fast idle valve cuz I was hot-idleing under 650rpm and getting some engine shake. I also had some serious trans (auto) problems within a couple months of the purchase. After a diagnostic and tear down, we figured out the torque converter clutch was worn and spewing debris everywhere. After speaking with the service manager at Carmax, they rebuilt the trans for free! Saving me almost $2000.

There's basically nothing modded on the car yet except for Silver Star high beams and Cool Blue headlights. I just put in some clear corners up front today. I promised myself I wouldn't mod my cars anymore after sinking thousands into my Sentra only to get it jacked. But after seeing some of the rides here, I figured I might do some light stuff.

Here's what gonna happen, in order...

1. Replace timing belt (friend will do it for $250 total)
2. Tint windows.
3. Euro clear tails? Does anyone even make these?
4. Tach/sped dash kit.
5. Maybe a CAI and exhaust, we'll see.
6. New suspension, we'll see.

I do have a lighting question. Where can I get white 7440 and 194 bulbs? The stock ones are white but yellowish, esp when compared against the headlights. Auto Zone doesn't have them. I also want to change out the overhead bulbs and door bulbs with whites but can't find them.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Banned

they dont sell euro tails for our car

thank god
Old 07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by kimchi
Sup. My name is Jesse and I'm a 26 y/o male from Chicago. Just recently purchased a black 99 3.0CL from Carmax after my 95 Nissan Sentra was jacked downtown. Bought it with 112,500 miles on the odo. I'm a Master Scheduler at a frozen pizza factory in the burbs and am also a dj/producer/promoter and throw events in the Chicago area.

At the recommendation of a friend (Acura master tech), I had the belt tensioner and belts replaced by Carmax. They also replaced the fast idle valve cuz I was hot-idleing under 650rpm and getting some engine shake. I also had some serious trans (auto) problems within a couple months of the purchase. After a diagnostic and tear down, we figured out the torque converter clutch was worn and spewing debris everywhere. After speaking with the service manager at Carmax, they rebuilt the trans for free! Saving me almost $2000.

There's basically nothing modded on the car yet except for Silver Star high beams and Cool Blue headlights. I just put in some clear corners up front today. I promised myself I wouldn't mod my cars anymore after sinking thousands into my Sentra only to get it jacked. But after seeing some of the rides here, I figured I might do some light stuff.

Here's what gonna happen, in order...

1. Replace timing belt (friend will do it for $250 total)
2. Tint windows.
3. Euro clear tails? Does anyone even make these?
4. Tach/sped dash kit.
5. Maybe a CAI and exhaust, we'll see.
6. New suspension, we'll see.

I do have a lighting question. Where can I get white 7440 and 194 bulbs? The stock ones are white but yellowish, esp when compared against the headlights. Auto Zone doesn't have them. I also want to change out the overhead bulbs and door bulbs with whites but can't find them.

Thanks guys.
There is a DIY on here for changing all of your lights to LEDs. There is a link on there where you can order all of the correct LEDs from. Its all plug and play. That would be your best bet as far as lights.
If you dont want to go down that road. Then auto lighting.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:01 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
just get some suspension mods and tint the windows.

rims would be the icing on the cake.

the other stuff is tacky.

CAI is cool... but your really not gonna be "fast"
Old 07-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon084
just get some suspension mods and tint the windows.

rims would be the icing on the cake.

the other stuff is tacky.

CAI is cool... but your really not gonna be "fast"
Intake is for that throaty supercharged V8 sound 0.0
Old 07-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,477 Likes on 3,070 Posts
Originally Posted by Recnelis
they dont sell euro tails for our car

thank god

List looks good cept for the euro tails. Like the topic. You'll fit right in here.

Welcome. Post pics, and keep us updated with your progress.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Teh HORN!@!!!

welcome, where in the burbs do ya live? btw whats ur dj name? where you spin at?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:59 PM
playin wit mah bawlz

Thanks for the welcome guys.

@ Swervin - Thanks for the link. I like the DIY section here. Seems like that would help alleviate the majority of n00b questions. I read most of the thread but didn't notice anything on putting LED's for the turn signal indicators in the headlight housing. Won't that create excessive heat and blow the fuse? Also, when I put LEDs for turn signals in my Sentra, it created a "double-time" flash cuz of the voltage. I wanna avoid that this time round.

@ Dragon - Not really concerned with going much faster. But I want more response in the low rpms. I don't push my baby much above 4k rpm. I know that CAI's don't traditionally add power in the low band range. Anyone got a short ram? Does it sound like crap? I don't wanna sound like rice.

@ Alero - I live in the city in East Lakeview; 2 blocks from the lake. But I work in Schaumburg. I have two dj names. Mr Miyagi for the harder material (hard trance / nrg / schranz techno) and Jesse James for the other stuff (acid / electro / minimal / tech-house). I am more of an underground dj than club. My crew's (Audio Intellect) next party is a lofty on 8/26 downtown. You should come and check it out. And bring some hot bitches.

If anyone's interested, my latest mix as Jesse James can be downloaded here...

<a href="http://www.ainightlife.com/jesse_james-fuckingmachines.mp3">Jesse James - Fuckingmachines</a>

It's underground tech-house and electro techno. Next mix from Mr Miyagi coming soon.

Again, thanks for the welcome.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Teh HORN!@!!!

hmm sounds like a plan. I work downtown and always up for a new party....