New to the community....Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 03:09 PM
green3.0CL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow New to the community....Please help

hey guys whats up, just started researching into upgrades cause i recently got a 97 3.0 cl in cypress green pearl (if im not mistaken). this is a nice jump from my 4 door 95 camry i was driving around, in gold nonetheless talk about gramps car. but i was wondering. im gonna debadge the rear and just leave the symbol and keep the amber signal, some quick questions

1. the interior is a little ruff around the center console arm rest thing. the flip up console part. where i could go about replaced that.

2. my steering wheel is pretty dirty and would really set the car off if it could be recovered? or replaced even.

3. i took off the stupid front licence plate cause here in fl we don't need one but there are 2 holes in my front bumber now and a little paint chipped off. what would be the best way to go about fixing that up.

4. the black trim along the underside of the car going form the front to the side skirts to the back is faded, i bought some mothers back to black stuff and was wondering if that would work or how much it would be to get those color matched to my car.

5. and finally i noticed when cleaning it i have a lot of oxidation on the hood, roof and trunk. are there any good fixed to clean that up, i know i used that mothers yellow clay bar. im gonna try that but any other tips would help. lets see what else.....

oh how do you go about painting the headlight housing to black. a DIY would be awesome guys. and my drivers side head light feels ruff to the touch compared to the passenger side. i know on ebay there is this headlight restorer would that help. it isn't as clear as my passeger. it feels sandpaper like. i'd post pics but its in the dealer ship getting a new tranny...go figure. but its under a warranty so thats awesome. oh and were could i go about getting the burlwood? dash trim kit, that would look really nice in my ride. im gonna apply most of your guys DIY tips those are really great. ill keep you guys posted as i go along. man i love CL's they are so clean looking. keep up the hard works guys. and thanks for the tips.

Jason
Old 08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

damn jason you talk too much.. too many damn questions at once.

1. www.acuraatuomotiveparts.org
2. www.ebay.com
3. geet some touch up spray paint.. or even a touchup pen.
4. yes back to black works, but just temporarily, i think its only 200$ or so to have it matched .
5. i used to wax my car every week.. until i got this polish called astro shield now i only wax maybee once every 3 weeks to a month. and the shine is unbeleavable. i got it at advanceautoparts...good shit..

and do a search for the black headlight diy.. im pretty sure ive sen one on here before..
Old 08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wilp99
damn jason you talk too much.. too many damn questions at once.

1. www.acuraatuomotiveparts.org
2. www.ebay.com
3. geet some touch up spray paint.. or even a touchup pen.
4. yes back to black works, but just temporarily, i think its only 200$ or so to have it matched .
5. i used to wax my car every week.. until i got this polish called astro shield now i only wax maybee once every 3 weeks to a month. and the shine is unbeleavable. i got it at advanceautoparts...good shit..

and do a search for the black headlight diy.. im pretty sure ive sen one on here before..
lol...leave him alone he is excited to join the wonderful Acurazine Community..Just do a search in the DIY section and most of your questions will be answered. Good luck with the ride and be ready to save for a new tranny
Old 08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
green3.0CL

just in, just talked with the guy at acura. need tranny mounts tranny, a/c blower some throttle idle thing that helps the idle, the warranty company is sending out an adjuster so lets hope they cover it. crossing my fingers. if they don't im staying with my camry we'll see
Old 08-19-2005, 03:59 PM
green3.0CL

man that want 100 bucks for that arm rest. i could go pick one up at a junk yard...
Old 08-19-2005, 04:04 PM
The Hefty 2.2

to clean ur headlights... u can just use regular wax... just put it on... let it settle... then buff!
welcome.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:59 PM
green3.0CL

okay, ill try that. thanks. what are those things on ebay talking about with the restoration on cloudy headlights?
Old 08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
Flap.

Originally Posted by sayanythingrock
okay, ill try that. thanks. what are those things on ebay talking about with the restoration on cloudy headlights?

search about this, there was a guy who had pics of his headlights before and after and the product he used seemed to really work, i forget what it was called though.

welcome btw, and thanks for posting all your questions in 1 thread
Old 08-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Safety Car

the idle problem could be whats up with the tranny.. its called the iac, idle air control valve. was the car revving up and down when in park or neutral? if so then thats what it is.. but eather way if the warranty company is going to cover the tranny, let them cause these trannies suck..
Old 08-20-2005, 03:17 PM
green3.0CL

yea thats exactly what the tech said the iac. yea i am hoping and praying they approve everything. that would be awesome cause i love cl's. cause thats all thats wrong beside a couple cosmetic things like my driver seat leather needs to be fixed but i put on some gray seat covers still i get enough stratch to fix it. has anyone recoverd their seats. if so how much?
Old 08-20-2005, 03:20 PM
green3.0CL

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ight=headlight

got it, thanks, ill try this out.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:52 AM
green3.0CL

anyone have any pics of the black molding on the bottom of the car color matched, does it look a little like a ground effect kit?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sayanythingrock
anyone have any pics of the black molding on the bottom of the car color matched, does it look a little like a ground effect kit?
For the love of God get the skirts color matched its day and night when you do
Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 AM
Safety Car

look for pics of a 98/99 cause thier skirts are color matched from the factory.. 97's are the first bastard children of the cl's.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:51 PM
green3.0CL

oh man, thanks acura. yea this just in, i got my work approved on the car. so thats like 4k of work from the dealership free. thanks to the previous owners warranty he purchased a year ago. so i got till may 2007 on the warranty, i got a new tranny, iac valve and a/c blower and some other stuff. all for free. so let the work begin. when i get back from school ill get those skirts color matched and the little tear on my front bumper fixed