leak in front seat cause A/C??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005 | 08:23 AM
Rebuilder

Unhappy leak in front seat cause A/C??

So my girfriend gets in my car yesterday and the floor mat is drenched .. i mean standing water over there...

and boy did it smell bad in the heat.

so i took it, and shop-vac'd it all out and was looking under the glove box to see wtf is going on. there is a plastic black box if you will. dripping like crazy. stick my finger between where the 2 pieces of plastic meet and water come pouring out!

what is that?

i just got my a/c fixed (never worked since i got the car) so i am assuming it has something to do with that. Any clue whats in that box thing and how i can make it stop pouring water out .. my car smells bad everyday like mildew b/c of the 90+ degree weatehr and standing water on my rugs....
Old 06-14-2005 | 08:46 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

i would think so

i would take it back to where you got it fixed and have them redo their shit over

and to prevent it from dripping use some devcon plastic welder, and put it on the drip to stop it from dripping
Old 06-14-2005 | 08:50 AM
Rebuilder

all i did to fix it was jump the compressor to suck in the freon .. i did it myself, so it really istn anythign to do with that really.

it just has to do with the a/c system. and i didnt notice it until i chagred it
Old 06-14-2005 | 11:08 AM
Instructor

had the same problem, they blew out the two plastic lines coming out the bottom of the car that drain the a/c condensation. but it didn't do anything. took it back, they changed the compressor and something else and it took care of it. that was all last year, and this year my a/c wasnt working at all, so its getting fixed now. i bet i'll have the leak when i get it back
Old 06-14-2005 | 12:05 PM
Rebuilder

hmmm .. i'll have to rip out my glove box and see whats up then tonight..
Old 06-14-2005 | 07:29 PM
Safety Car

find the drain hose and blow air thru it.. its clogged up.. just like an a/c in the house.. if the water drain hose gets backed up it will come out into the house.
Old 06-14-2005 | 07:48 PM
a jawful a somethin awful

the a/c condenser is behind the glove box. it's backed up some how.
question: how can I refill my freon? a/c no worky
Old 06-14-2005 | 09:57 PM
Rebuilder

well the condensor box is all sorts of cracked in like 8 places .. that would be why .. now i have to replace it

and to chage it look for an old post i had about it .. someone answered how to in there...

EDIT: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169869
Old 06-15-2005 | 10:58 PM
SPOKED AND TINTED UP

Well I Just Expirenced This Same Thing This Weekend While Driving On An On Ramp To Get On The Highway Water Just Started Rolling Out From Under The Dash On Both Side, I Never Used The Ac But My Lady Was In The Car And She Dont Like The Windows Down, But Ever Since Then No The Damn Ac Wont Cut Off And The Air Doesnt Turn Hot Until You Put It On 90 Degrees Up Until Then It Is Ice Cold Anyone Expierenced This Before
Old 06-16-2005 | 09:30 PM
a jawful a somethin awful

Originally Posted by griff43081
well the condensor box is all sorts of cracked in like 8 places .. that would be why .. now i have to replace it

and to chage it look for an old post i had about it .. someone answered how to in there...

EDIT: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169869
I've never recharged it before. can I just buy any freon from the store?
Old 06-29-2005 | 12:04 AM
Cruisin'

I have the same problem...PLEASE HELP!!

I also had this leak happen for the 1st time today. I don't use the AC too much but had a long drive on the highway and when I got off on the ramp I heard this running water noise and all this water came out by my feet under the dash. I also noticed dripping from under the glove compartment. The AC seemed to work just fine but somehow this water leaked into my car.

Wlip99 do you know where this drain hose is located specifically? Will this work? Please let me know if this is the fix to this problem or if it might be something else. I plan to take this to my mechanic but if its as easy as blowing out a drain hose that would help me to tell him that as a suggestion. Any advice is appreciated...thanks!
Old 06-29-2005 | 08:23 AM
Rebuilder

my problem was a broken condesor box .. it was shattered so all the condensation was pouring into the car instead of out the drain tube.

reach under there and feel around the box. see if you feel spounge or styrafome... if you feel either, you need a new box.
Old 09-03-2005 | 10:54 AM
Suzuka Master

sorry for bumping this old thread but i am having this problem now.

it seems like the cold water is not draining out fast enough and the water from the humid air condensed and drip down to my carpet totally soaking it.

i've tried to clean out the drain hose w/ a long piece of tv cable passing it thru a few times. but it still seems like it's not draining fast enough. from what i noticed, some times the water will drip out slowing but other times it'll run like a water faucet.

do you think that i haven't clean it out enough? the tv cable is like 2 feet long. I don't think the drain tube is any longer then that, right?
Old 09-22-2005 | 02:10 AM
6th Gear

With mine there were two hoses that played the parts of the water problem. I did the first piece of advice and took a can of air to the hose next to my firewall that was supposed to drip water on to the pavement. Once i got under there i really wasnt sure how I could get enough pressure to move anything that might be stuck so i tried it anyway. No water came out but i did notice that the hose was dirt dry. The hose had been dirt dry for quite some time. So looking at the ac I noticed another black hose that went through my firewall and into the car itself. I found this hose behind my glove compartment by just laying upside down under the seat. From there a couple quick "milking" motions along the tube and water and a couple pieces of leaves came spilling out of the dry tube under the car.

So if that doesnt work you might want to drop the tray on the condenser is it? and make sure there isnt anymore debris clogging it if the initial suggestion doesnt work. GL