keyless door entry?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001 | 03:22 PM
Instructor

keyless door entry?

does anyone have keyless door entry? and if so did you shave the door handles off? how much does it cost for keyless entry? and my friend also told me its illegal to do is this true? and can anyone send me a link of a site that has them?
Old 11-11-2001 | 03:40 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
i have it on my hot rod. And my doors are shaved. Your gonna need alot of little parts like solenoids and etc. to pop the door open.

do you mean automatic doors or keyless door entry? my car has keyless door entry stock, where i can unlock the doors w/ the fob
Old 11-11-2001 | 03:43 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

i dont think anyone on this board has shaved handles with door poppers on their CL but i have heard it's illegal because fire rescue or something cant get you out if your in an accident or something. Make sure you get the window roll down feature too in case your door poppers stop working
Old 11-11-2001 | 04:05 PM
Instructor

yeah, that why i heard its illegal to. do you know how much it cost for those door poppers and that kit? cause i wanted to shave the door knobs off my acura cl 2.3 cause they stick out. and if i cant i was wondering if accord door handles will fit on our doors? do you know how much the door poppers and auto role down windows cost?
please send some links.
Old 11-11-2001 | 04:31 PM
i like chicken

thats funny you mention that. i spent the last 2 days installing them on the cl. i am doing strictly manual poppers. the handles are out and ready to be shaved.

one nice thing is the remote lock feature will still lock the door even if someone knows where my popper is. the total project will cost me about $10 to do manually. i have solenoids that work off of remote controls, but i dont trust them for a few reasons.

i will post pics tonight of the construction. time for dinner.
Old 11-11-2001 | 11:40 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

I have no idea how much this would all cost but i flipped thru and issue of SCC and found this place They have a kit thats entitled "Shave your door handles with ease" Seems to have everything you need in it but it doesnt have a price listed. They also have a window kit. Someone posted on another board once that it was a good idea to get the window thing too because their door poppers stopped working and the window option was the only way they could get into the car. You probably dont really need it but its another cool option and nice to have
Ross's idea looks great (as usual) and sounds like a good idea. No electrical stuff and he said it was cheap. Not to mention your stock key fob and alarm works If you have enough knowledge of this I would say go his way and than have the handles filled and the doors repainted. Im sure Ross will give you a few pointers along the way as well. Good luck with it