Intrax ARB (sway bars) on 1st Gen CL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intrax ARB (sway bars) on 1st Gen CL?

Does anyone have the Intrax anti-roll bars on their CL using the Accord application? I don't want Suspension Techniques if at all possible and I know some have it on their CLs. After my recent mods with clutch/flywheel/cam pulley and ignition, the car feels really good (flywheel is amazing how it makes the engine rev dropping 11lbs) and now I need extra help for the nice curvy roads I drive on every day to work.

If you do, was there any problems for install and do you like it (quality/fit/finish. The Intrax bar looks very high quality. I had suspension techniques on two cars in the past (Integra GSR and Mazda 626Turbo) and not pleased with the quality of the hardware.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2002, 08:02 AM
Not AtlCl98 or Atl-CL

How much hp does changing your flywheel and clutch give you and how much would it cost?
Old 03-08-2002, 08:10 AM
tlac356

i am getting a stage 3, but might just get a two, w/ flywheel for $850 installed. you will have no more clutch slippage, plus you can chirp 4th
Old 03-08-2002, 09:58 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Re: Intrax ARB (sway bars) on 1st Gen CL?

Originally posted by vtec-cl
Does anyone have the Intrax anti-roll bars on their CL using the Accord application? I don't want Suspension Techniques if at all possible and I know some have it on their CLs. After my recent mods with clutch/flywheel/cam pulley and ignition, the car feels really good (flywheel is amazing how it makes the engine rev dropping 11lbs) and now I need extra help for the nice curvy roads I drive on every day to work.

If you do, was there any problems for install and do you like it (quality/fit/finish. The Intrax bar looks very high quality. I had suspension techniques on two cars in the past (Integra GSR and Mazda 626Turbo) and not pleased with the quality of the hardware.

Thanks!
I agree with your opinion on the hardware quality... but do what i did.... buyt the suspension technique sways and then buy suspension energy links and bushings.. strong shit!
Old 03-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Advanced

AtlCl,

I don't know the HP since I did not dyno, but with our low torque motor, the feel is great since the loss of 11lbs makes a big difference. If revs alot quicker and feels stronger all the way around. Sorry, hard to describe, but well worth it. I'm surprised at the stock clutch have some life left after 88,000 miles of pounding it. Still breaking in the clutch with manufacturer recommendation so I have tried to launch it yet. Plus I don't want to smoke the crap out of my snow tires.

I can tell you that the Clutchmasters flywheel was cheapest from NOPI at $264 and I bought the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch (new) from a guy on Ebay that purchased it and sold his Accord ($150). The labor from dealer was 7.5 hrs labor @ $495.00. They had to cut off the alignment pin that was a quality control thing from Clutchmasters and they knew about it. It does not affect anything since the bolt hold the flywheel to the crank and the pin is only for alignment. They put it in the the same place or I could have had them drill the hole bigger, off by .022 I heard the flywheel is actually made by another popular company but cost twice as much. Of course you will still need OEM throwout bearing, some clutch sets come with it though.

Casper98CL,

Thanks for the recommendation about getting the Energy Suspension hardware. I'm might just do that instead if I don't hear from any Intrax folks.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear

I bought the Intrax front and rear sway bars for $250 shipped from accessoriesgiant.com.
I have a 99 2.3, and could not get the rear to fit. I called them and they said it's possible that they sent me the wrong part. The part number on the box didn't match what it specified for the car in a brochure that came in the box. But the geometry is "kind of" close, just looks a little off at certain points; the mounts certainly don't line up to stock holes.

Then again, I've never tried to install sway bars, so maybe I have to make custom mounting points for it...
ANY ADVICE? ? ? ? ? ?

So all I can tell you for sure.. the geometry of the Intrax rear bar is not identical to your stock one. So it won't be a straight bolt-on procedure.
I'm a mechanical engineer and I experimented under the car for 2 hours with it and am quite positive it won't fit directly.

As far as the quality of the product, they're about twice as heavy as the stock ones, and look sharp. Wish I had them installed so I could tell you the difference in performance.

Any one else know how to install these Intrax bars? Or did the company really send me the wrong part?
Thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Banned

4 year old thread boi
Old 07-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,465 Likes on 3,059 Posts
Originally Posted by Recnelis
4 year old thread boi