Installers Help Me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Installers Help Me!!!!

I bought a Hornet 727t add on alarm to put on my car, its really cool and i would recomend it to anyone who wants full featured alarm with the stock remote.

I’ve had ALMOST a complete successful install with the exception of the trunk trigger. For those of you that don’t know, the Hornet 727t is an upgrade to the factory keyless entry system. It does not issue any signals to control the locks or trunk trigger, rather, it monitors what signals your factory module puts out and adjusts its Arm/Disarm state from that. I have tested it out and everything works good, EXCEPT the trunk trigger input, the system looks for a positive (+) signal from the trunk trigger wire, the CL has a 5wi wire for this that needs to be relay isolated, but I have no clue on how to hook this up since the system only senses a signal. I have hooked up several relays for systems that have 5wi for adding a signal controlling alarm, but nothing like this before. Any advice would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks in Advance!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Intermediate

if you scroll down on this adobe page a little it tells you how to invert the polarity
http://directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/...htips/1044.pdf
hopefully that helps. That is from the dei website and they make the hornet system. I would try to describe it but it is a little difficult.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Racer

ive looked at that before, thats for applying a signal to a 5-wire application, i need to sense a positvie (+) signal from a 5-wire application without applying any signal to it.

who knew this would be so complicated .......i got the rest of the system hooked up and working in less than 45 mins.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Intermediate

cant you take the negative signal that is sent by the trunk release and hook up the relay to invert the polarity so you can get that positive signal to send into the alarm unit.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Racer

so are you saying that 5wi is a negative polarity? to be honest with you, i dont quite understand exatly what 5wi is......from what ive read a negative polarity when the line is not active and postive when the unit sends a signal.

please correct me if im wrong
Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Racer

you know what.................is our trunk release really 5wi? can someone confirm this, the DEI site says it is, but a few of my friends that do some installs says that it would be really a really stupid design if that was true.......
Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Intermediate

u tryin to hook up trunk release (to open the trunk with tha remote?) or trunk trigger (so that the alarm goes off when the trunk is opened?)?????
Old 01-31-2007, 01:48 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CLevr098
u tryin to hook up trunk release (to open the trunk with tha remote?) or trunk trigger (so that the alarm goes off when the trunk is opened?)?????
nevermind the above post, i realized what was going on when i reread the thread a few more times.....the gray wire h2/5.....trunk release/sensor input (i'm assuming that's the one you're trying to hook up???) should just connect to the trunk release wire (blue/red)......all it needs is to "sense" a signal from the trunk release to bypass the trigger wire of the alarm when u open the trunk, so you shouldn't need to worry about wiring in any relays....hope this helps if u havent figured it out already
Old 01-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Intermediate

But if you look at the trunk sense wire it needs a positive signal. The trunk release wire is a negative signal. That is why you need a relay to convert the signal.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CLevr098
nevermind the above post, i realized what was going on when i reread the thread a few more times.....the gray wire h2/5.....trunk release/sensor input (i'm assuming that's the one you're trying to hook up???) should just connect to the trunk release wire (blue/red)......all it needs is to "sense" a signal from the trunk release to bypass the trigger wire of the alarm when u open the trunk, so you shouldn't need to worry about wiring in any relays....hope this helps if u havent figured it out already
CLever098 was right! i made some phone calls and found out that the trunk release is 5wi with a positive signal when the button on the remote is pushed, so i didnt need a relay because the system just senses this pluse.

this system is sick! for the price you cant beat it! it was easy to install and is very effective. It basicly reenforces all of the stock alarm system functions and has a dual stage shock sensor. It comes with its own siren and LED so it looks, sounds, and functions like a normal DEI system just with the stock remote.

I recomend this for anyone who wants to add a shock sensor to your car. Or for anyone who is just looking for a alarm upgrade to the stock one. It simply piggybacks on the existing OEM so you dont have to give up any of the OEM features for it.