I'm stranded.....almost

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 04:56 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm stranded.....almost

tried to start the car this morning after installing greddy radiator cap and all i got was clicks. i waited a second and turned again and it started to turn but not start. i checked to see if i loosened the stinger battery terminals but they were tight and the wires and ground were good. i got back in, and it turned and started after about 5 seconds of trying. i thought about the recall but my car wasn't on it, so i think its the starter. after work today, the exact same thing happened, so i drove to acura and they said if it starts tomorrow, bring it in at 9. he said 400 for new starter and i just about shit. i want to make sure it's not the voltage regulator or something else so i made the appointment. i got home and looked at my papers and i found the extended warranty that i bought and never used. the expiration is next month. i hope that will cover whatever it is.
oh yeah the clock resets every time i turn it off

anyone want to guess what is wrong it?
i say
1. starter
2. rotor/distributor/wires
3. voltage regulator
4. battery
5. alternator
Old 07-19-2002, 05:05 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
The battery may of died and just needed time to finish rejuicing itself
Old 07-19-2002, 07:39 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

i just went outside to see if it would start and it did the exact same as the previous 2 times. i let it run for a min and shut it down. waited 1 min and it started right up. shut down, waited 5 min and started right up.

battery or alternator
no warning lights have ever come on?
Old 07-19-2002, 09:58 PM
No Too Fast, No Too Slow.

Well....mine was doing the same thing about a month ago. I found out that it was the switch on the clutch. I guess since it had been raining a lot, water got somewhere in there or something. When it does that again try "releasing and pressing" the clutch with the key on the ignition (thats when you turn the key and you hear the click don't release the key back in posstion just keep it turned and kind of smoothly give the clutch a little move). After 2 or 3 theys it went away....I didn't have to change it...the same could be happening to yours......
Old 07-20-2002, 08:22 AM
AkA 'Lucky'

thanks, i check it right now, i'm supposed to drop it off at the dealer in 30 min
Old 07-20-2002, 09:03 AM
Instructor

Let us know the results.
Old 07-20-2002, 04:53 PM
AkA 'Lucky'

i'm back

just got back from acura dealer and it wasn't too bad.

mech said i was only getting 10volts out of the electrical system and was due to battery having a bad cell. he also said i was covered under emmisions recall and he did a complete tune up with plugs,wires,cap,rotor,egr cleaning,oil and fluid change. also replaced some other ignition parts, not sure what though, he didn't say. all together with new battery and 5 hours of labor came to $140.07. car runs like new, holy crap i feel a huge increase in hp and it doesn't stall when ac is on.

i think i kill a kia rio now!!!!!
lol
Old 07-22-2002, 01:15 AM
WAYFASTWHITEY

My car is doing the exact same thing! What is this emisions recall? My car stumbles when the ac is on also