Im sick of this

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 01:20 AM
Evolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sick of this

I went to Best Buy to get my CD player installed. I was gonna buy the $267 Pioneer unit, then I needed to get the $40 service plan. Then Even though labor was free they wanted me to pay $80 for extensive labor and a bose converter. the claim that they have to rerun wires to every speaker. this is Bulshit I am not gonna dish out 400 bucks for a cd player. So I am gonna buy:
Clear Corners, Skunk 2 Cam Gears and AEM Pulleys (if they fit), Build a custom box, get the interior professionaly painted white and platinum silver and be done for a while.

Then when august comes get the VIS RACING body kit baby!! (and get some Coilovers/Camber adjs) Are my priorites mixed up? You guys are geniouses so tell me your thoughts!!!

Aaron
Old 06-19-2002, 01:32 AM
Everybody Wang Chung

I would go with springs and struts.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:32 AM
Turn Signals are good!

hey, your priorities are your priorities... do what you feel is best for you... you can put a deck in yourself... trust me... I can tell you how. Best buy dosent know shit, they are just out to make money. Let us know what you decide...
Old 06-19-2002, 01:19 PM
Pimpin with style

well, I do know it is a pain to hook up a new cd player with the bose amp system, it said that if you replace any part of the Bose Amped system that the amp cant be used, so on and so forth.. I looked into it alot when I was doin my system, but I ended up just takin all the Bose crap out and hook up my own system
Old 06-19-2002, 01:29 PM
vvvvvvvrrrrrrrooooommmmm!

Good decision on not going aftermarket. I've got my stock stereo hooked up to my 2 12's, and personally I think they sound great . From what ive heard from other members is that once you put on an aftermarket stereo the sound quality sux offa the stock speakers; and you loose your steering wheel controls . I say you dish out all your cash on a custom bodykit ; you'd own all of us.......PERIOD !
Old 06-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Instructor

If you are going to do it, do it right. Take out ALL the Bose shit and put a really nice head unit, some MB Quarts, a couple amps and a 12". Don't put in the cheap shit cause you are just going to want the better stuff later down the road. Do it right the first time around, trust me.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:45 PM
Evolution

I know this has come up but hey I need to make sure everything will be perfect:
1. Camber kit -INGALS makes one for CL... Lowest $$???
2. COILOVERS- SKUNK 2, Ground Control... Does the 1997 Accord V6 fit? Lowest $$?
3. brake rotors- not to smart here.. slotted front and rear or cross drilled? Lowest $$?

thanks