I Need Y'all Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 11:29 AM
pumpkin's une

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Y'all Help!!!

'i... like a month ago i took my car to the exxon gas station for the 45k miles service and to have my left axle check; i was hearing grinding/clicking-like sound emitting from the front wheels. anyhow, this bastard goes in there and do the 45k service and then turns around and says my left axle is bad and needs to be replaced. desperate-me is like, "cool, go ahead." since he fixed the axle, the front wheels do NOT feel the same anymore:

1. i started hearing squeeking sounds when i brake

2. the steering wheel vibrates when i'm travelling bewteen 45 and 85 mph (and funny thing, the vibration stops after 85mp)

3. it feels like the brakes skip/jump/don't grip correctly (kinda like how wet brakes feel while braking) when i holding the brake down for couple of seconds or hit on it hard, and it make an awkward sound like something is trying to hold something and there's no "good" grip; i'm not sure if it's the abs is having problems with the newly installed axles.

anyhow, i took the car back for him to look at it and he sweared up and down on his ex-girlfriend's balls that he did a good job. so i got piss and took it to the dealer who told me that he installed the wrong axle which too long (and charge me $92 for telling me what i already knew and offered to fix it for $800... fuck no!! they're :blaze: crack. i totally forgot that i have warranty and would have gotten it replace for free if i had taken it to the dealer initially and now since that other bastard had already replaced it, the warranty on the axle was void). so, to get a second opinion, i took it to another mechanic who test drove the car with me and didn't really believe me until he went under the car while it was suspended in the air and i was driving and he saw the left tire vividly shaking. he also said the axle was wrong and recommend i take to back to the exxon before having someone else fix it.

i took it back him yesterday and then he finally admitted that something "might" be wrong with his install. i got my car back last night and he said the axle wasn't tighten to the hub or somethin'. and this morning it pretty much feels the same: the brakes are still doing the same thing but i haven't notice the vibration; i'll test that this evening. the bastard told me that my hubs and wheels are bent and that might be the reason. before he changed the axles, it was NEVER like that... even tho he said the tire and axle were bad. he even change 3 of my tires doing the time he replaced the axles.

what do you all suggest? what might the problem really be? i NEED help. my car don't feel the same anymore. the second mechanic suggest we get the same (model, make, year) axle from the junk yard and replace the other guy's work, if i'm not satisfy with his work.

HELP!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 12:06 PM
I hate the Mets

Go back to the dealer and get a written estimate which will list what is wrong....Go to exxon and show them what the dealer has found...If they have an issue w/ fixing it I would demand to speak to the mechanic's manger all the way up to the owner of the shop...Good luck
Old 08-31-2004, 12:11 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

since you forgot about your warranty, you kind of screwed yourself and should have been at the dealer in the first place

take the Exxon station to small claims if they don't fix it correctly
Old 08-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Racer

Why in the world would you take your car to an Exxon station for your 45k mile service and how did you forget you had a warranty.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Flap.

Old 08-31-2004, 08:39 PM
pumpkin's une

o... i did take it back to the exxon for the second time (yesterday) and he claimed he fixed it. i did get an invoice from the dealer which clearly states the wrong axle was installed; i also got a written statement from the second mechanic saying the axle is bad; that why he had to work on it yesterday again. anyhow, after i tested it tonight (like 10 minutes ago) racing a v12 - 390 horses jag (by the way, my stock cl got fried), the steering wheeling is not vibrating anymore. however, i'm experience the squeeking brake sound and awkward grip. but i've decided to move on and take it to the second mechanic and send the written proves (invoices) to the credit card company to reserve the payment to the exxon.

thanks fellas.

Originally Posted by mc222
Go back to the dealer and get a written estimate which will list what is wrong....Go to exxon and show them what the dealer has found...If they have an issue w/ fixing it I would demand to speak to the mechanic's manger all the way up to the owner of the shop...Good luck