I Just GotWord That My CL is Totaled . . . Pics to Come. :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 08:40 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Just GotWord That My CL is Totaled . . . Pics to Come. :(

My tranny finally died on me Friday morning. I coasted under the I-270 underpass on Middlebrook Rd (for the local peeps) after the tranny gave out. I got out of the car, checked under the hood, then walked up on the sidewalk. Less that a minute later is was rear-ended by a Toyota pickup doing about 40-45 mph!

Damn, I almost got completely "tore-up"!!!!

I'm going to pull my shit out of the car on Wednesday and take some pics. I'm waiting to hear what they're planning to give me ($$$) for the CL.

I had about 138K miles on the original tranny, spraying N2O for the last 60K.

I loved this car! I hate to get rid of her!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:45 AM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DAMN RICK

glad to see your ok though, too bad aobut the CL, let me know if they total it i want some parts from ya

niec to see an old face around here, you have been MIA man

hows things going recently? you still dating the hottie
Old 01-18-2005, 08:49 AM

BTW is your power tower the gen 1 or gen 2 tower?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:58 AM
If He Dies...He Dies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Rick. Sorry to hear that! You put in a lot of work into to it. No one has seen you since you last winter's '03 meet w/ me, Victor and Grey.

What kinda car are thinking about getting now? I tell you I'm loving the new Silverado SS. just a thought. Big enough for the kids, but stills packs a punch, especially with some modding.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Were you pulled over to the side, or did the car crap out in the lane? Sounds like a close call -- good thing you were not sitting in the car when it was hit.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Miss th 3.0

Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Insert Sarcasm Here

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dust Nooooo!!!!!!

:tear: dont leave
Old 01-18-2005, 12:27 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
my god....very sorry rick! seems like everyone is selling their CL's or their getting wrecked and totaled! I cant believe it! Will you be parting out the car? Getting another CL?

Very sorry to hear the bad news Rick!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:32 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Glad to hear you're OK Rick...........hell, glad to hear from you at all

this place hasn't been the same without you

time for you to go the BMW route you were talking about....that is, if you don't already have something you're not telling us about
Old 01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
noooo, at least youre ok man..sad to see your cl go
Old 01-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

makes me sad to hear one of my favorite 3.0's get totaled i guess we should look on the bright side your not hurt, and you get a new car
Old 01-18-2005, 02:54 PM
AWD Torque Monster

DAMN. glad you're ok. thats why i am completely against pulling over to side of the road for any reason. obviously you had no choice since you broke down. that shit happens more then most people think. cant wait to hear what car you decide to go with. we could always use another good member over at legacygt.com
Old 01-18-2005, 03:22 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

I just spent about 3 hours pulling out my electronics (head unit, complete harness, amp, speakers, subs, components, remote starter, HIDs, and Zex system). I only could get one picture because my fucking camera's batteries died!

I had to beat the trunk with a sledgehammer in order to get enough space to pull out my speaker box and get to the amp!

I'm going back on Wednesday to get some of the engine components. It's just so damn cold, that my hands couldn't grip the ratchet anymore!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by dustbuster4
I just spent about 3 hours pulling out my electronics (head unit, complete harness, amp, speakers, subs, components, remote starter, HIDs, and Zex system). I only could get one picture because my fucking camera's batteries died!

I had to beat the trunk with a sledgehammer in order to get enough space to pull out my speaker box and get to the amp!

I'm going back on Wednesday to get some of the engine components. It's just so damn cold, that my hands couldn't grip the ratchet anymore!
they totalled that out, damn! at least you are ok.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:27 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

I'll respond to all questions/querries either tonight or on Wednesday. I'm beat, and my fingers hurt like hell!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
ooh man, that pic makes me sad...are you going to part out parts from your car?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Ram
Instructor

sorry to hear about ur CL.. glad ur ok but u will be missed.. hope everything works out for u..
Old 01-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
sorry to hear bout the accident...actually looks alot like my accident on new years day but my baby is back to normal now ....i hope ur ok! oh and if u manage to get it off the car i got dibs on ur suspension set up and brakes
Old 01-18-2005, 04:43 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

The body shop just sent these pics to me.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Instructor

wow that sucks...Damn.. if you look on the brighter sid.....at least you get to start looking for a new car... g/l with everything...
Old 01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
givin the business

DAMN!!!...at least you're alright cars can be replaced
Old 01-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

:Pupeyes:

:'(
Old 01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Im No Superman

omfg dust your car was flippin pimp man..but whats important is your ok physically.. now emotional pain may be setting in :o(

would be a pain to part it n sell stuff

good luck man
Old 01-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Miss th 3.0

ill take the door sills if your parting out
Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

that makes me sad Rick
Old 01-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Racer

dude!! that sucks! if that happened to me i would just die!

go get ur self something really nice, BMW 328's are a good car (prices usually arnt too bad if u find a nice used one)

if you end up parting your car, let me kno if your gonna sell thoes fogs, ill buy em in a heartbeat, i love them with those yellow bulbs!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:02 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Rick, whatever happened to your other motor?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:10 PM

I dont mean to pry....I know your coping with your loss...Grieving (its a process)

BUT!....If you are parting out....

I'd be intrested in the:

Tranny Cooler, The Helix Power Tower, OEM Fog Lights, Headers, Plugs&Wires, The Prokit, KYB AGX, Complete Break Set (rotors, pads, calipers etc.), and the Indiglo Gauges....

Just give me a price per item....we'll see... (ive got lotsa X-mas cash ment to go toward a new alarm system which is now delayed until warmer install weather...lol...so I might as well spend it on other goodies...
Old 01-18-2005, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
I dont mean to pry....I know your coping with your loss...Grieving (its a process)

BUT!....If you are parting out....

I'd be intrested in the:

Tranny Cooler, The Helix Power Tower, OEM Fog Lights, Headers, Plugs&Wires, The Prokit, KYB AGX, Complete Break Set (rotors, pads, calipers etc.), and the Indiglo Gauges....

Just give me a price per item....we'll see... (ive got lotsa X-mas cash ment to go toward a new alarm system which is now delayed until warmer install weather...lol...so I might as well spend it on other goodies...

come on man dont start taking dibs on his parts he has not even heard anything about hte acr if they are going to total it anyways, mine was bad and had the frame tweeked and had the ENTIRE subframe replaced and they still fixed mine

but if you read in my first post i had dibs on the helix, i have had it since he thought about selling his car over a year ago :P

real OG members get dibs first on the legend of ACL.com before when it was acura-cl.com and it was on the first server, not the last one, the one before that

jk

Rick how have you been dealing with the loss, did they set you up with a rental yet? let me know i can with Enterprise since i work for them, PM me and I can see what i can do to help ya out man

Sorry about the car again good thing you were not in it, BTW how is your daughter??
Old 01-18-2005, 09:19 PM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

CJ, you've had your CL long enough that you should have all those mods by now
Old 01-18-2005, 09:24 PM
1999 CL3.0

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow, sad to see it happen to dust of all guys
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Thanks to all who responded!

I AM NOT PARTING OUT THE CAR!!!!

I have removed all the electronics, and I'm getting the insurance co (the other dude's insurance co) to pay for all the CL-specific mods (eg: headers, rotors, springs, struts, wheels, tires, etc.).

I don't have the time (or patience) to remove these parts.

I took out the nitrous system except for the nitrous/fuel lines. Several were damaged and the main supply line is pinned in the trunk damage (and is probably ruined). I got the Management unit, purge valve, nozzle (and jets), bottle, bottle brackets, pressure gauge, bottle warmer, and remote bottle opener. I also got all of the switches except for the custom switch I made for the bottle warmer (any on-off switch will work). I would consider selling these to a local CL-owner, but you WILL need to buy all new nitrous/fuel lines (you can get the main nitrous supply line from Zex and the other lines from Summit or the like). You'll also need the pieces to tap into the car's main fuel line (remember this is a wet nitrous kit). I can give you directions.

The motor only has 60K on it, and I hate to let the insurance company take it, but oh well.

The tranny is shot!

The rest of the car (except for the current rear damage) is in pretty good shape. However, the driver's side rear frame rail is badly damaged!

The car broke down on the road, with no shoulder to get onto. The car was stationary when hit and the other dude was going between 40-45 mph!!!! I got out less than a minute before it was hit! I was standing in front of the car (looking under the hood) only 3-4 minutes before it was hit. I would have really gotten fucked up, then!

I'm not sure what car to get next? I have 3 friends, so far who have offered me the use of their car until I figure something out. I may just take my time and think about it for a while.

I thought about the M3, but it's too much money for what you get. I really like the car, but I can get equal performance for $20K less. I'll need to think about it.

Originally Posted by Jamz

Old 01-18-2005, 09:25 PM

so no selling the helix rick?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz

DUDE! Im a broke ass college student, going to class means less time to pimp the ride! Im sacrificing good beer $$ for mods!! lol...(ive had the car for about 3 years now...but you forget I pay about $200 a month on Insurance that might I add is completly clean)

I got some extra $$ from santa that was suppost to go toward an alarm, but expensive install rates and cold weather has delayed my plans...the alarm can wait! Ricks mods come first!
So yea...I really want all those mods!!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang Rick, sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you get everything all taken care of. Plenty of options out there for your next ride.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally Posted by 97Acura3.0CL
so no selling the helix rick?
I'll see if I have the time on Wednesday!

I'm going over there to get some last minute items, take off my plates, and sign over the title.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:32 PM

WHOA!! Rick...sooo your telling me the headers, rotors, springs, struts, fogs, plugs&wires, and indiglos are all just going to stay on your car and your going to leave them!?!? All theose perfectly good mods and other A-cl members want sooo badly...their just going to sit there and rot???

How much is your time worth to remove a few??? (I really want the fogs & headers and plugs&wires)
I am in desperate need of a prokit/KYBAGX's though... (you should see my car picts..the car looks horrible...looks like a 4X4...)
If that dosnt work...how much is a damn plane ticket from Kansas to DC so I can remove them myself???? lol
Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Rick how have you been dealing with the loss, did they set you up with a rental yet? let me know i can with Enterprise since i work for them, PM me and I can see what i can do to help ya out man

Sorry about the car again good thing you were not in it, BTW how is your daughter??
Loosing the CL REALLY FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

I loved that car and have spent many hours and a ton of $$$ on her!

It's simply been my favorite car out of all that I've owned (and I've owned a few)!

It's hit me pretty hard. I feel a real loss. It's only a car, but that's not how I see it.

I had a rental car (Enterprise) within 2 hours of the accident (and at no cost--one of the benefits of not being a fault). I'll probably need to turn it in as soon as my check is cut. Like I said, I have use of several friend's cars until I get another.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
The movement has started

come on man dont start taking dibs on his parts he has not even heard anything about hte acr if they are going to total it anyways, mine was bad and had the frame tweeked and had the ENTIRE subframe replaced and they still fixed mine

but if you read in my first post i had dibs on the helix, i have had it since he thought about selling his car over a year ago :P

real OG members get dibs first on the legend of ACL.com before when it was acura-cl.com and it was on the first server, not the last one, the one before that

jk

Why you ragging on that guy for, many of times I saw you do the same thing and end up not buying the item at all. I don't think you have the rite to bitch at this guy, because i've seen you do the same. Actually, you contradicted yourself in this post about the helix power tower.

Quick Reply: I Just GotWord That My CL is Totaled . . . Pics to Come. :(