i found a way to hook up the cross over to the front woofers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 11:16 PM
kee-master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i found a way to hook up the cross over to the front woofers

i was reading this old threads and found out some of u guys don't have your front woofers connected to the infinity cross overs... so... since i'm about to install my speakers... i thought of this scheme... i think this will work... please post if you have any inputs...

leave the tweeters connected as described in the old thread...
for the woofers...

1st pop up the door seals and lift up the carpet.. you'll see wires underneath the carpet on both sides... look for the following wires...

on the left side...
blue with green stripe - left front +
gray with black stripe - left front -

on the right side...

red with green stripe - right front +
brown with black stripe - right front -

cut all the wires close to the front of the car where you have the crossovers installed for the tweeters...

connect the back ends (+ and -) of the cut wires (or the speaker wires you ran from the amp at the back) to the input of the cross over...

connect the front ends (+ and -) of the cut wires to the woofer output of the cross over...

even tho the cut wires were originally meant for both the tweeters and woofers.. since the tweeters won't be powered by those wires any more, and the 2 speakers are ran in parallel ... everything should just work...

any suggestions?

hg
Old 07-06-2002, 02:38 AM
Turn Signals are good!

when I had my CL, I ran new wires from my amp to the crossovers in the dash... then from the crossover to the tweeter I also ran a new wire... to get sound from the crossover to the woofer in the door, I back-fed the wire that normally connected to the stock tweeter with the woofer output on the crossover... just making sure my stock amp was disconnected. This eliminates any cutting of wires and you dont have to run new wires through the "boot" between the door and the car.
Old 07-06-2002, 03:25 AM
kee-master

ohh.. good idea.. thanks dude... umm... how hard is it to open up the dash? is it easy to fuck up the airbag and all that stuff?

thanks dude...

hg
Old 07-06-2002, 02:54 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had the Infinity components installed, I used the stock wire for the door speakers (tapped into the stock harness in the trunk--then to the crossovers), then ran new wire from the tweeters back to the trunk (where I mounted the crossovers), and then to the amp.

Very simple and easy!
Old 07-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Turn Signals are good!

Originally posted by hougee

ohh.. good idea.. thanks dude... umm... how hard is it to open up the dash? is it easy to fuck up the airbag and all that stuff?

thanks dude...

hg
The glove box is held in by 3 screws, 2 on the bottom (on the hinges) and one on the right hand side which connects to the little springy thing. Then the stops just pop out and the glove box is out. The driver side panel is held on by one screw behind the change holder and the rest is just clips, so it pops off... then there is a metal plate behind that that is held on with 4 10mm bolts.

Just dont fuck around with any yellow loomed wirring inside the dash, those are the air bag wires... I have yet to ever set one off (knock on wood) but they say you should be very careful when you're working around the wirring. And NEVER tap into any of the airbag wirring.