hows everyone doing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
hows everyone doing?

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say wassup to my old CL family and see how everyone's doing. Sorry I haven't been around much but know that each day I still miss my CL and more so, having a car to mod. Well the reason I don't have a car to mod is cause I bought a house! well, a year ago so not so recently but I've been busy house modding I guess.

I do still get to have some fun with cars though cause my daily grind is being the automotive photographer for a local BMW dealership. Everytime I drive a proper manual it just makes me miss it so much. But at least I get to take out the 335s, M cars and some other random ones that come through and have some fun with them

So hows everyone been? anyone do some crazy ass mods lately? Lets shoot the shit!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Old 08-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
sort of like the "hey guys, whats going on" thread? that thread was awesome.

glad to have you back, klepto.

Last edited by South Jersey CL; 08-13-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
How's it going Klepto? Pics of the house?
Old 08-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Sup dude!

Originally Posted by klepto
Everytime I drive a proper manual it just makes me miss it so much. But at least I get to take out the 335s, M cars and some other random ones that come through and have some fun with them
I do that every single day, its awesome isn't it lol.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,450 Likes on 3,047 Posts
what's good brother? glad to see you poke your head back in here.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Whats up Justin, i need to hit you up when im up in the Bay Area, btw i didn't like that last outing on MW2. lol.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mattastick
i'll def post some up later, pretty much redid the entire house so its pretty cool to see the before/after pics

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
I do that every single day, its awesome isn't it lol.
nice! same kinda job? Whats your favorite car there? I LOVE the e9X m3, that V8 is phenomenal. I like the looks of the coupe but like the shorter wheelbase on the sedan, it's a bit more..lively

Originally Posted by asianspec
Whats up Justin, i need to hit you up when im up in the Bay Area, btw i didn't like that last outing on MW2. lol.
for sure man, come check out my place. MW2 lol, havent played that in a while but yea it was kinda unfair with us all stacked
Old 08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
what's good brother? glad to see you poke your head back in here.
yea man, sorry I haven't been around much. How's things been around the boards? Keeping the noob pimp hand strong?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mattastick
living room before note the awesome stained red carpet, bare white walls and no window coverings at all

during...new paint on the walls

after. floors, new paint, doors, dining set, curtains, couches, etc. Sorry for the mess, just took this pic.

bathroom #1 before. pretty damn messy, lots of gunk and build up. The toilet didn't even work and the previous owners left a nice parting gift in there, yuck

note the awesome floors and light box/fixture

ripped pretty much everything out, new tile in

pretty much done. Went with a green/bamboo theme. New vanity with granite top, mirror, 3 light sconce, new bath hardware, etc. New high efficiency toilets were installed in both bathrooms.

bathroom #2 before. This was the only toilet that worked in the house before and the valve was leaky. So i had to open and close the valve every time I wanted to go to the bathroom, goddamn that sucked

after..pretty much getting the same treatment. This one got a bath though so I put in a curved shower rod

some misc pics of what used to be two old rooms that we combined to be the new master

seriously..who paints a room this color? took me forever to primer that thing

wall/closet knocked down, time to combine these two rooms

peek at the new master bedroom, slaving away painting all these freaking baseboards

sorry for the mess, just took this pic earlier

before/after of the front yard. Fucking KILLED my back
sorry for all the pics, enjoy!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:47 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
well my first reaction to pics posted on the forum is to lower it... but since that doesn't make sense... i like your bathrooms
and welcome back, the house looks pretty good, did you do all the work yourself?
and is the other part of the master a big ass closet?

...and we need pics of the garage/modes of transportation
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Senior Moderator

nice place. what happened to the other place you were staying at? i can see you fliipping this later on though. lol
Old 08-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
well you got wood floors in your living room i got em in the trunk lol but klepto you dont know me i came after you left but YOU ARE THE MAN! i kept my cl cause i saw your car im glad you bought a house it looks hellafresh!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

yea man, sorry I haven't been around much. How's things been around the boards? Keeping the noob pimp hand strong?
You know it

House looks good Justin, I've been sinking more money into my house than my car too so I know the feeling. Congrats, I love the master bedroom expansion, wish I could do that to mine
Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
I'm training for being a BMW technical engineer so I get to tear em down, put em back together, and put them through their paces on a daily basis I agree with your view on the M's, if i had the choice I'd buy the e90 M3
Old 08-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Mom why is there two?

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Put a turbo in that thing.............. At least on the coffee table... lol. I actually have a couple of 335i turbo's
Old 08-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mitch14
well my first reaction to pics posted on the forum is to lower it... but since that doesn't make sense... i like your bathrooms
and welcome back, the house looks pretty good, did you do all the work yourself?
and is the other part of the master a big ass closet?

...and we need pics of the garage/modes of transportation
good lord no I didn't do the work by myself haha. My dad's an architect so he had some hook ups. We hired a contractor but as luck would have if I got layed off right after we closed on the house. So I was at home for the 2-3 weeks the work was done and was able to lend a hand. I did all the painting and yardwork though.

nice place. what happened to the other place you were staying at? i can see you fliipping this later on though. lol
that place was super ballin, we were just renting that place with ronnie. My mortgage for my house is WAY less than what I was paying to rent that place but yea, just a starter home, def gonna flip it later. We lucked out and got it SUPER cheap, so hopefully I can make a nice profit down the road.

You know it

House looks good Justin, I've been sinking more money into my house than my car too so I know the feeling. Congrats, I love the master bedroom expansion, wish I could do that to mine
yea but at least its a nice feeling knowing it'll appreciate, unlike cars

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
I'm training for being a BMW technical engineer so I get to tear em down, put em back together, and put them through their paces on a daily basis I agree with your view on the M's, if i had the choice I'd buy the e90 M3
that's awesome man. Even though I much prefer stick, the DCT on the M3 is actually really good. The speed at which it up/downshifts with no hesitation is pretty amazing. I LOVE the blips on the downshifts haha.

Originally Posted by ethenol
Put a turbo in that thing.............. At least on the coffee table... lol. I actually have a couple of 335i turbo's
oh man, at work someone scuffed an oem 19" m3 wheel. It was seriously like a 1-2" gash and they were gonna THROW IT OUT. I asked if I could take it home and make a table out of it but I don't know what happened to it.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Senior Moderator

justin, you shouldve called those people on HG network.They have a show about people flipping houses. maybe you couldve got some money from there in the process. lol, sucks to hear that you got laid off man.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
House is looking great. Definitely a fan of the master expansion. Been there before (except we did our whole house ourselves) so I understand what it takes and everything. Lots of work to say the least, but it's definitely paying off for you.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hardwood floors FTW!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
house looks awesome justin.

and your job sounds identical to mine except that i take pictures for honda. what kind of camera do you use ?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Nice to see things going well for you Justin.

I like the house, kinda wierd modding a house vs modding the car, isn't it?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Guitarded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House is looking great man! Looks like a lot of work but it sounds like it'll pay off. Considering you're used to modding the hell out of something that goes down in value, I'm sure the appreciation will be a very welcoming thing.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Moderator

justin, you shouldve called those people on HG network.They have a show about people flipping houses. maybe you couldve got some money from there in the process. lol, sucks to hear that you got laid off man.
haha, while I was house searching I pretty much watched HGTV all the time. It's all good about the lay off cause now I got that BMW job.

Originally Posted by 732xghost
house looks awesome justin.

and your job sounds identical to mine except that i take pictures for honda. what kind of camera do you use ?
thanks man, yea we have an acura and lexus dealership across the st that has a photographer too. Cept they only do like 1-3 cars a day and I do 8-12! At work I have a nikon d90 with some 16-85mm lens. It works really well for a workhorse, but I still prefer my canon for personal work.

Originally Posted by saiko_cl_duck
Nice to see things going well for you Justin.

I like the house, kinda wierd modding a house vs modding the car, isn't it?
good to see you're still around, haha yea its different. Wish I could afford to mod both though.

Originally Posted by XxAtTheGatesxX
House is looking great man! Looks like a lot of work but it sounds like it'll pay off. Considering you're used to modding the hell out of something that goes down in value, I'm sure the appreciation will be a very welcoming thing.
exactly my thinking
Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Intermediate

im really tired. just got back home from 4-day vacation/party in vegas. drinking all day in a 120 degree weather is exhausting as hell...lol.

klepto, the house looks great! i love looking at fixer-uppers being transformed. where in the bay is that?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Senior Moderator

canon ftw. lol hopefully i can upgrade to a 7D soon.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 2low2go
im really tired. just got back home from 4-day vacation/party in vegas. drinking all day in a 120 degree weather is exhausting as hell...lol.

klepto, the house looks great! i love looking at fixer-uppers being transformed. where in the bay is that?
seems like everyone is going to vegas these days, you win anything? I'm in the east bay, can't afford anything elsewhere

canon ftw. lol hopefully i can upgrade to a 7D soon.
the 7D is a NICE camera, if only it were full frame. I still lust for a 5D2, luckily I don't need the better AF system in the 7D for my wedding stuff.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator

have you done any wedding lately? the last one you posted was the one at the beach correct?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Intermediate

seems like everyone is going to vegas these days, you win anything? I'm in the east bay, can't afford anything elsewhere
for real. that was my second trip there in the last 3 months...lol. i don't gamble so no, came home empty handed...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks man, yea we have an acura and lexus dealership across the st that has a photographer too. Cept they only do like 1-3 cars a day and I do 8-12! At work I have a nikon d90 with some 16-85mm lens. It works really well for a workhorse, but I still prefer my canon for personal work.
wow thats alot ! i get 8 on a great day. do you have a photoshoot area or do you just shoot on the lot ? i would get more cars done if detail didnt take forever to get the cars ready.

i use a Nikon D3000 btw. wish it was a D300 but thats a little unnecessary for shooting inventory.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator

have you done any wedding lately? the last one you posted was the one at the beach correct?
I did another one since then, but haven't put up the pics. I have another one this weekend and then one next month and that's all. Work is slow and advertising on craigslist sucks I might shoot formula D in sac next month for a magazine, we'll see

Originally Posted by 732xghost
wow thats alot ! i get 8 on a great day. do you have a photoshoot area or do you just shoot on the lot ? i would get more cars done if detail didnt take forever to get the cars ready.

i use a Nikon D3000 btw. wish it was a D300 but thats a little unnecessary for shooting inventory.
yea, it is a lot of cars. Theres a nice big parking lot right next door so I just use that since it's quick a easy. If I'm bored theres a bunch of other office parks that I take it to, or I'll take it out to the backroads/twistys that's about a 5 min drive away. Luckily I worked out a new pay plan with my managers so that I work towards a bonus depending on how many cars I do. So now I actually have some incentive to do the cars quickly

where's germ? Did he ever paint and put my kit on?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

germ? I haven't seen him in over a year
Old 08-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Germ was been MIA lately. I think he did paint your lip and put it on if im not mistaken.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Moderator

shiiet, forgot all about this thread lol

just wanted to stop by with a quick update. Finally wall mounted my TV and got new front speakers!

in other sad news, I sold my subs earlier this week they've just been sitting in my garage for years. No worries though, they went to good old stevo, you guys know, the one with the two toned gold/black TL

we hooked em up in his new SUV and listening to them brought a sentimental tear to my eye

and lookie what I found in memory of my subs, good times with the CL, good times

Old 01-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Looking good I love the backlight behind the TV (if that's what it is), and you certainly didn't hold back with the audio, huh?

So carless for the moment?
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Senior Moderator

nice setup Justin. my buddy wants me to move to chico to go to school out there but im not sure yet. was planning to go back to so.cal when i move back.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Nice work on the TV, those speakers look legit
Old 01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Aman
Looking good I love the backlight behind the TV (if that's what it is), and you certainly didn't hold back with the audio, huh?

So carless for the moment?
yup, got a few LED strips to act as bias lighting, although I never really use it. Just more of something to show off I guess

not carless, driving around in my dads ollllld "lexus camry" as I call it

nice setup Justin. my buddy wants me to move to chico to go to school out there but im not sure yet. was planning to go back to so.cal when i move back.
chico is pretty notorious for being a party school haha, im sure you'll have fun but I dunno about the level of education

Nice work on the TV, those speakers look legit
thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderator

chico is pretty notorious for being a party school haha, im sure you'll have fun but I dunno about the level of education
since im applying for Pharm school. that wouldn't be the best place for me to have a good GPA then. lol
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
KLEPTO!!!! What's up man?!! I still remember the day I came to this sight and saw your car.....she was my "elanor" Glad to hear all is well and congrats on the crib..

Quick Reply: hows everyone doing?