how fragile life is............

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 12:43 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how fragile life is............

i need to take a couple days off the forum.

two of my friends were severly injured in a car crash.

the driver is in a coma with no definite answer as wether he is going to regain conciousness........ at all. both of his legs are shattered completely and there are doubts that he will make it to the next day.. much less even talk. his brain is swollen, and his face is almost shattered.

the passenger was ejected (wearing a seatbelt) both of his ankles are shattered, he is badly bruised. as it stands right now, he has no memory. he can't speak, remeber his name, parents, anything. he's back to square one.

the car had to be taken to the impound lot on two separate tow trucks.

in three years of fire dept work i have seen some fucked up shit...... but this hits real close to home.

shit's real fucked up right now, and i need a little but of time to sort my shit, mentally.

i have asked the megas and admins to keep wach over 1st gen while im gone for a lil'. although you people know how to behave.

-bogdan
Old 02-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Powered By HONDA

sorry to hear that.that is really sad...wish we all drive home safely and drive slowly..god bless us all
Old 02-23-2002, 01:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm very sorry to hear this. I wish you and your friends the best of luck.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Burning Brakes

sorry to hear about that.
Old 02-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Drifting

Damn........... that sucks.......I hope they pull through. I'm speechless.
Old 02-23-2002, 07:28 AM
What can I get ya?

Thats terrible man, hope everything turns out alright
Old 02-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,171 Likes on 686 Posts
I'm really sorry man My friend just died in a car wreck yesterday Be careful out there
Old 02-23-2002, 08:57 AM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bogdan and Patrick,

I'm really sorry to hear about your friends!

Patrick: I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I too have had several friends die in car accidents over the years (usually driving while drunk). Take care of yourself!

Bogdan: Man, that really sucks! I'm really sorry to hear about the accident and the condition of your friends!

I hope that both of you will rely on the support of your family and friends to help through these tough times. We may be "tough", but I'm a believer in talking about how we're feeling.

Take care.

-Rick-
Old 02-23-2002, 10:50 AM
Intermediate

Hey Bogdan keep strong man, I've been through the same thing and sympathize. There's nothing to say your buddies won't pull through man, Fuck the odds.

Keep us posted please.

Cheers,

-Pete
Old 02-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

i went to the police lot today to look at the car. words cant describe it. you can hardly tell the car was a supra. there is no trunk anymore, the engine is almost in the drivers seat. it's sad to even think about it.

i'll try and post some pictures so you guys can see what 120mph and a tree can do to a car.

the car is at the Clopper Rd. MVA - in the impound lot. it's a Blue 95 Supra. if anyone wants to go look, you're more than welcome. its just something words cant really explain.
Old 02-23-2002, 03:07 PM
4-8-15-16-23-42

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought I was having a bad week. That's the worst news I've heard in a long time. Dude's Im so sorry to hear about this. I hope all that can, works out for everyone involved including you. This really puts things in perspective. Be strong and hang in there!
Stefan
Old 02-23-2002, 03:15 PM
No Too Fast, No Too Slow.

Man.....I'm really sorry... ...I hope they can make it....
Old 02-23-2002, 04:17 PM
Advanced

i am very sorry with so many accidents happening due to speeding it makes you think Going really fast gives you a 5 sec rush but is that 5 or more sec rush really worth dieing over or taking the chance of hitting someone else and killing them?
Old 02-23-2002, 04:55 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Sorry to hear that man...I hope that everything works out very well for them and yourself...

CL'S
Old 02-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Instructor

Yo sorry to hear bout that, hope your friends do good. Keep us posted on the situation.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Cause stock sux.

Damn man...Its really hits you when something like that happens to your friends. I'm really sad to hear that. Keep us informed.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:29 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by 1genCL
the car is at the Clopper Rd. MVA - in the impound lot. it's a Blue 95 Supra. if anyone wants to go look, you're more than welcome. its just something words cant really explain.
I'll run by there in the morning (heading past there anyway).

Bogdan, how are you holding up? I've thought about you today, and wonder if you're getting the support that you need. Take care of yourself, man.

[I'll snap some pics, if you don't feel like doing it. Just let me know.]

-Rick-
Old 02-23-2002, 09:49 PM
God Bless Acura

Damn, man. I just wanted to say sorry, and I hope they make it.

Hang in there
Dave
Old 02-23-2002, 10:27 PM
An Official Cl Whore

I can't tell you how sorry I am.

Your right, life is very fragile, when something like this happens, giving and receiving support is the best thing you can do. And you definately have mine.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by dustbuster4

I'll run by there in the morning (heading past there anyway).

Bogdan, how are you holding up? I've thought about you today, and wonder if you're getting the support that you need. Take care of yourself, man.

[I'll snap some pics, if you don't feel like doing it. Just let me know.]

-Rick-
i'm doing a little better, thanks for asking man. if you could stop by and snap a few pics......... i just cant really go to face the car again.

people have been supportive and calling to check up from time to time. thanks to all for your support. the condition of the driver and passenger is improving slightly, but still far from good.

edit: its the blue Toyota Supra in front of the office
Old 02-24-2002, 04:14 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by 1genCL

i'm doing a little better, thanks for asking man. if you could stop by and snap a few pics......... i just cant really go to face the car again.

people have been supportive and calling to check up from time to time. thanks to all for your support. the condition of the driver and passenger is improving slightly, but still far from good.

edit: its the blue Toyota Supra in front of the office
I'm glad that you're doing a little better.

I went by MVA around 2:30pm, and the dude wouldn't let me in. He said I could only enter Monday through Friday, during usual business hours. He wasn't a prick, just telling me like it is.

I couldn't see the car from the front gate. I'm off on Monday, and will try again.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:21 PM
Apple tech needing a h22a

Hey Guys well there is nothing i can say that hasnt been said but i hope it will work out for the best given the circumstances your friends will be in my familys prayers ( i am not to religous but my fam is and they will definitely pray for you and your firends)

i hope they pull though i know what you are going through not fun event at all ~Ryan Workman
Old 02-24-2002, 06:11 PM
fellow MASShole

1gen im sorry to hear about your friends.,.. im in the same boat one of my best friends got into a car accident 2 weeks ago and is now paralized from the neck down ... hes 19 .. i know what your goin thro and ya gotta keep your head up cause it can really bring you down .. i know thats the last thing that your buddies want is you getting upset and depressed... try to look at any thing possitive good luck with everythin

Mike
Old 02-25-2002, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Keep the faith

Three of my students were in a terrible accident just before Christmas. The Karman Ghia (sp?) they were in was totally destroyed, sounds much like the condition of the supra. One of them died at the scene and one of the other two was not expected to make it and the other was was never supposed to walk again. It is sad that I read this today because by heart is full because as of today I can look at my classroom and see both of those students in their desks. One with no obvious problems and one temporarily on crutches, but both alive and kicking. Miracles can and do happen!!!

Been there and I don't envy you, but you and your friends have my prayers and best wishes for speedy and full recoveries.

Greg
Old 02-25-2002, 12:33 PM
CL- SMOOTH

Sorry to hear about it, God bless you and your friends and there families. GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 02-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Midnight Marauder

I'm praying for the healing of your friends... and for you and your emotional stability in this hard time. Life is definitly fragile and we so often take it for granted.

If you need to talk or just to "get out" for a while hit me up, I'm less than 15 min from you. I'll take you out to eat or something.

God bless you and your friends.

Peace,
Seth
Old 02-25-2002, 01:36 PM
K-State Wildcat

Guys I'm really sorry to hear about the accidents. I went to Blue Valley High School in south KC and anyone around there knows the car crash curse that we have. I've lost 5-6 friends in wrecks in the last few years. My little cousin and his girl are seniors there this year and crashed in November. They were in a Jeep without belts on and went off an overpass into a valley. Sounds really similar to the condition of your friends 1Gen. For the first weeks, they both came close to death, but they pulled through and one is almost back to normal and the other is on his way. The first few days are the toughest, and I hope it gets better. Good luck and God bless.
Old 02-25-2002, 02:55 PM
Instructor

I am very sorry to hear about your friends accident.

I was lucky myself a few months ago. I was driving doing about 70 maybe 80 and I went through a light that had just turned red. When I went through the intersection a car was turning into a parking lot and to avoid the car I swerved to the right slammed on the brakes, and ended up going through a 6 or 7 inch high curb not hopping it but plowing through it. I was lucky I had 2 passengers in my car 3 including me and the worst that happened was some air bag burn on my right arm it was hard to belive that was all that happened considering I did 9000 dollars worth of damage to the front end of my 1999 CL. At first I was more worried about my car I wasnt thinking then it hit me that someone could have died no one was wearing a seat belt in my car I cant remember if I was or not but I dont think so. So 9000 dollars of insurance money and my 250 dollar deductable later I got my car back in a month it really hits you when you get into an accident like that. I have so much more I can say but I dont want to.

I was very very lucky to have avoided the other car and that no one in my car got hurt but that infact we all walked away from the accident. I thought my car was totaled but they said they cant total my car it "only had $9000 dollars worth of damage" so I had them use all new parts nothing fixed or used I am just so glad no one was hurt and that I still have those 2 friends as friends I dont know what else to say but I am sorry to hear about your friends and I just hope that they pull through

The only thing left to say is hang in there and I hope your friends pull through.
Old 02-25-2002, 03:00 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Originally posted by dustbuster4

I'm glad that you're doing a little better.

I went by MVA around 2:30pm, and the dude wouldn't let me in. He said I could only enter Monday through Friday, during usual business hours. He wasn't a prick, just telling me like it is.

I couldn't see the car from the front gate. I'm off on Monday, and will try again.
Bogdan,

Just an update.

I went to the MVA impound lot today around 11:30am, and they would not let me take pics! This time the woman was a total bitch, and would not tell me where the car was. Apparently they moved it.

Sorry; I tried!

BTW, I hope you're doing OK.

-Rick-
Old 02-25-2002, 11:21 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

sorry to hear.. keep the prayer alive and the rest will follow in the path that is chosen... Best of luck with you, your friends and their family...

always remember that whatever happens happens for a reason, and somewhere good will come from it.. God makes the bad thiings happen to the good and the strong because he knows they can overcome them! KEEP THE FAITH!
Old 02-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Advanced

this past sunday in gwinett , ga a acura hit a tree and it literally split the car in two one person died on impact and the other a couple of hours later

is speeding really worth it?
Old 02-26-2002, 05:05 PM
Instructor

I lost a friend in a motorcycle accident recently. My prayers go out to for your friends and there families. If you are feeling down you can always turn to GOD. He is always there for you.