hey guys, i need your input

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Trailblazer = SUCK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys, i need your input

ok... since the guys on the ramblings forum are a bunch of effin clowns and probly have their disc changers filled with culture club cd's....i decided to post here.
My band just finished our cd up and i would like some input on what you guys think. I am tired of hearing "dude, thats awesome" from all my friends and would like some honest opinions. Thanks in advance guys.

http://www.blindthesun.moonfruit.com
Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 AM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry. my dad's lappy sucks (and its all I got right now) so I cant listen to teh music. What other groups were your inspiration in putting this record together?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer = SUCK

oh geeze... rush, primus, the police, tool, incubus, genesis, 30 seconds to mars, mudvayne, gwar , dream theater, kevin gilbert,.... we all listen to so many different types of music, which is a good thing. that way we all have something different to bring to the table.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:29 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
huh, well I tried to listen to them....the computer acted like it was downloading them (got a new screen to pop up and everything, and then nothing happened and I just got a little "Quicktime" logo on a blank screen...

Sorry, wish I could listen and help out, but for some reason, I cant listen to them.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
huh, well I tried to listen to them....the computer acted like it was downloading them (got a new screen to pop up and everything, and then nothing happened and I just got a little "Quicktime" logo on a blank screen...

Sorry, wish I could listen and help out, but for some reason, I cant listen to them.

if you have windows media player, just go into tools/options, then then hit the file type tab, then hit select all and apply. Quicktime always fucks everything up when it gets installed.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:20 PM
...is now Carbon Fiber'd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds good...even though this is not really my type of music i like it! Good work!

First thing is I like the music, good beat, something you can go with. The vocals are ok, but should be a little stronger to match with the music. Vocal is good and smooth but needs a little sharpness to it. But other then that, I might buy the cd.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:08 PM
RODDYS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats up man. I just listened to the songs. Its a really good demo. First let me say that I am doing an album and have hired a producer, tech, the works. So I know a thing or two about this stuff. Oh also I have a music degree and have went to school to find out that music school sux

Any way Guessing Game and Something Underneathe are cool. As I can tell the recording quality is ok. I hear some level problems like with volume not being equal. Also you may want to think about testing out some different effects, and eq stuff for vocals. I guess what my main problem that I heard is that stuff kind of jumps out at certain places in a bad way. I would do little more mixing down on the songs to really give it that good quality feel. You may want to even see about getting someone to master it. Also the vocals on the songs I named are good but make them more real sounding and really push to make them really good. To much drums and not enough bass, and guitar. Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

thanks man. we got to a point where we were like "fuck it" and decided we had spent enough time and wanted to be done with it so we could finish our press kit. We are going to go to a different studio (catamount) (where stone sour did their album) to do a full album. we only spent $600 on this demo.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:46 AM
eh f**k altezzas.

kinda sounds like staind crossed with trapt. music is great but i agree with what was said eariler about the vocals needing to be just a bit stronger. in any case id buy it simply bc a fellow CLer is helping make it. but when you make it big time dont forget about the little people. maybe i could borrow a few g's.