HELP! questions about tints......

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 09:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! questions about tints......

hey guys i need some info....

I had my windows tinted on my gen 1, it came out fine except for the back window, the guy didnt tint the top 4 inches of the glass, he told that he didnt tint it b/c if he did it wouldnt stick...

now the car looks weird with a blank strip on the back.

I went to another tint place and the guy there told me the same thing but that they also put like a black vinyl strip on the inside or outside to cover that portion....????????????????

is it this true...???? how come all of the CL I have seen on this board arent missing the top 4 inches on the back window???

I think I got jipped.....any info would help......THanks!
Old 02-18-2002, 10:26 AM
master of ????

They got you.
I had mine done and the back window was no probblem at all. The guy said he just put more glue under that part. I'd go back and complain, Maybe get some of your money back.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

my windon is fully covered in back ............... sometimes when i listen to radio and turn on defroster my reception fucks up, but i dont know if that has anything to do with that
i think that tinting place it full of shit
Old 02-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Nah nothing new here. A lot of tinting places have trouble tinting over the matrix dots of the rear windows. Most will do it anyways upon request like mine did, while others will just stay away from it because it will bubble....and when it does the person that got it tinted will come back demanding for a redo. So it kinda saves them time and money. Yeah though, most places that dont tint that portion would offer a black vinyl 'sticker' over the matrix dot's so that from the outside, it doesn't look like youre tint is missing anywhere.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:54 AM
AWD Torque Monster

nah thats a bunch of bs. any reputable place shoudl have figured out by now how to tint the whole window with little or no bubbling. that place is lazy. i bet u anything their cars are tinted perfect. u know how mnay ppls cars they tint a day? i knew the peeps that did mine and said listen heres an xtra $40 do it like it was ur car. and what do u think happened? my tint is perfect.

Old 02-18-2002, 10:04 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,157 Likes on 682 Posts
Yeah lots of places have that problem. They put black vinyl on my window for no extra charge. More pics in my album

Old 02-19-2002, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

yeah 1st GenCL i went to pep boys and found some of that vinyl stuff which came with letters, (which I tossed), I just used the black vinyl and put it on like it was a tint, according to the instructions. I put it on the inside instead of the outside like the instructions recommended. I hope that doesnt make a difference.

It looks pretty sharp from the outside, but you can see that something was put there from the inside. BUt it came out good.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:30 AM
i like chicken

thats total bs. you just have to squeegie the tint a little longer over the black part.

also, every auto parts store carries garbage tint. i order my tint from a company that sells banners, plotters, vinyl, etc... the tint is 10 times better. it is thicker, it isnt so dark inside the car like factory tint, and it does not scratch when you squeegie it.

i pay around $160 for 50 feet of the stuff, and i outsource tint work to a friend of mine that has a graphics company. you pay for the tint in one aplication, then its all profit for about 5-7 other cars, depending.