Heated mirros don't work :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated mirros don't work :(

I can't quite figure out why they don't work. It's not a fuse issue because the power mirrors work. Anyone have any idea what would cause them to go out? It's not that they just don't work, the light on the button doesn't come on when it's pressed either.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:42 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Check to see if the wire from the switch is disconnected
Old 01-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Intermediate

Re: Heated mirros don't work :(

Originally posted by sswany
I can't quite figure out why they don't work. It's not a fuse issue because the power mirrors work. Anyone have any idea what would cause them to go out? It's not that they just don't work, the light on the button doesn't come on when it's pressed either.

Thanks guys.

Hey I had the same problem with my mirrors. I think my problem started because I would forget to turn it off after the fog goes away.

You may not have the same problem as me, but I mine would not work when I pressed and released the button. The light would not come on at all. But when I press and hold the button down the light comes and stays on. It's a real pain cause it takes minute for it to defrost the stupid mirrors.

I live in Houston so I usually don't use the mirrros that much, so I have not looked into why the button is acting like that.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Turn Signals are good!

the switch inside the mirror control gets screwed up... when you press the button it presses against a small momentary micro switch... the micro switch has a metal arm on it that actuates the switch... this metal arm gets bent a little if the switch is pressed too hard... so even if you push the switch and it clicks "on" the switch inside does not get pushed... you have to take the switch apart and bend the little metal tab on the micro switch so it makes contact with the push button again. If you like, I can take pics of the inside of the switch and how to get it apart if you are afraid of screwing something up.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:09 AM
Pro

Please take some pics cuz mine is screwed up too.