Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 09:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrrrrr!!!!!!

I'm really pissed off about what happened this morning so I decided to vent here. I wake up this morning to find my driver side window of my CL shattered all over the floor and inside my car. Some asshole tried to steal my CD player, over the night and decided to break my window. The idiot did a horrible job (lucky for me) and wasn't even able to take my CD player. The guy broke and took of the plastic moldings around the CD player. But he did not take the CD player or even get to unhook it or anything. The face comes off my CD player and they did not even take the face or the remote control. The only stuff they took was the key to my rims (which I will buying another lock and key set for my rims today) and some documents from work that I had left in the car. The guys also tried to open my glove compartment but since I had it locked they stuck a screwdriver or something in the keyhole and still did not open it. The glove compartment is loose and sort of messed up now. Another thing that sucked other picking up all the glass is that it had rained all night so by the time I found out my car had been broken into the inside was soaked.
At least nothing really of value was taken. The insurance company will be installing a new window later today. Just makes me wonder why so little was taken?
Well thanks for letting me vent. I guess my car is safe nowhere, not even right in front of my own house.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Always drivin 100+

Damn, man I am sorry to hear that shit commin from a fellow zex 75shoter, I know how it feels though, somone did a hit and run on my shit 2 weeks ago. I was blown like shit, but think about it this way, with all the goodies your whip got, thank god it wasn't people that knew what they were doing. Good luck getting your shit strait, car is looking and I know performing tight, so it's all good.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:42 AM
CAFFEINE SLAVE

Sorry to hear about your break-in, that sucks. BUT....it sounds like you left your face on your unit, that's just asking for it these days. I left a pair of cheap Ray-Bans on my seat once....the window cost $220 for a pair of $40 sunglasses. My stereo is stock and I leave NOTHING in sight anymore. I've been broken into 6 times in my previous cars. My CL & my old car (Jetta had for 7 yrs) have never been broken into. The Jetta had a really nice system, but everything looked stock.
Glad to hear they didn't take much.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Dickless Assholes!!

I am old fashioned:

"You don't fuck with a man's car and you don't fuck with a man's woman!"
Old 06-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Moderator Alumnus

that sucks to hear man.....

hopefully your interior wont smell all moldy and shit.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Racer

Originally posted by keuka1
Dickless Assholes!!
....... and you don't fuck with a man's woman!"
But if you don't know that man... You're not exactly breaking the rules if you mess w/ his woman ... Once you meet him, all the bets are off.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:06 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Re: Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Originally posted by dcsquirm88
The only stuff they took was the key to my rims (which I will buying another lock and key set for my rims today) and some documents from work that I had left in the car. The guys also tried to open my glove compartment but since I had it locked they stuck a screwdriver or something in the keyhole and still did not open it.
Another thing that sucked other picking up all the glass is that it had rained all night so by the time I found out my car had been broken into the inside was soaked.
Just makes me wonder why so little was taken?
well, sorry to hear first off! That always sucks and makes you wonder...

I would be worried though for 2 reasons... they stole your lock, which means that they are planning on returning!!! and they stole documents hoping to get further iinformation on you! that to me is scary!

On a good note, keep an eye out and you might be able to catch the in round 2!!! and the fawk them up!!!

but i think this might answer your "why?" question!
Old 06-21-2002, 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

damn that sucks....sorry to hear about that. Instead of having my gun under my seat..ill start leaving it in the house so when i catch them.....:angry:
Old 06-21-2002, 07:17 PM
Honda Technician

damn dude..that really sucks....makes my remember my break in about a month ago, where they were able to jack out my CD player....hopefully you wont get any more problems....here's the link to my break in
Car Jacked
Old 06-21-2002, 07:26 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Man that fucking sucks...same thing happened to me a couple months ago...my car was parked in the SCHOOL parking lot...remember i was in high school at this time...and they broke my passenger window...stole my head unit...there was a witness who saw two mexicans in a blue minivan doing it...but anyways...going along with what JamzCL said...one of the girls that I know left fake money on her seat...someone broke her back window and found out it was fake so they left...but you have to keep your shit hidden...whenever I get my new head unit i'm going to make sure no one can steal it...

CL'S
Old 06-21-2002, 08:55 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JamzCL
My stereo is stock and I leave NOTHING in sight anymore.
This is the EXACT reason that I left the OEM head unit in. When looking into my car, it looks totally stock!

dcsquirm88: Man, I'm sorry to hear about your break in.

Sounds like the thief got freaked somehow, and didn't have the time he needed to take what he wanted!

I hope the interior dries out soon!

If you have leather, make sure you put some Lexol (or similar product) on the leather after it dries. This really helped me when I left the moonroof opened (and it rained for 10 hours straight)!

If it's cloth, take a wet-vac to it! This will help the car dry faster!

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the support guys. For sure I won't be leaving anything in sight from now on. This was definitely the last thing I needed right now considering my h22 swap should be done in 2 weeks and all my time and money has been going towards building the damn engine. Since the stupid insurance company never sent anyone to fix my window today the car is going to have to stay overnight with a trash bag as a window. So I'll be camping by my car tonight, 9mm loaded .
I went and bought new locks for the rims today and put them on. But I have a question for you guys, how in the hell do I remove the old locks which I no longer have the key for? Any suggestions?
Dusterbuster I think the people that broke into my car did get spooked or something because they left a lot of semi-valuable things that were in plain view like my radar detector, gucci sunglasses and all of my cds. But like Casper said it sucks that they stole the key to my rims and papers from work. Thanks again, guys!!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh and dustbuster it is leather and I did use some lexol after drying it with a cloth. Hopefully it won't smell like mildew.
Old 06-21-2002, 11:04 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dcsquirm88
Oh and dustbuster it is leather and I did use some lexol after drying it with a cloth. Hopefully it won't smell like mildew.
Mine didn't (thank, God!)

Keep warm tonight, and make sure they're going after your car before shooting them! :P

BTW: I have NO idea on how to get you lug nuts off without the key! Send a PM to dajuice27. He's skilled in manners of this kind (self-admitted, reformed, car snatcher)!
Old 06-21-2002, 11:05 PM
Honda Technician

hmm....pretty hard to take off the old locks unless you buy similar ones....IF there's only one original lock for each wheel, the only other thing you can do now is just to leave that one lock that you can't take off and put your new locks on the rest of the lugs...so in a sense, you're double locked....haha...ok, maybe i'm too drunk to reply to this....
Old 06-22-2002, 01:06 AM
Atl/Mia reppin'

That sucks DC...Damn Miami bastards...so much car stuff being jacked...I'm coming back home 4th of July weekend, hopefully your swap might be done then, if I have time I'll send you a PM to come see it, and regulate on those punks that messed with your shiznit