gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 02:13 AM
CLanty-eyed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gauges

Can anyone scan in their original '99 gauges? I don't have a scanner and I was planning on trying to make some custom white-faced gauges that are identical with the italic font and everything. Maybe a few extra custom touches too... It'd be easy to just buy the accord gauges, but I liked how much better the oem style look. So can anyone hook me up with a hi-quality scan?
Old 08-20-2001, 02:37 AM
Burning Brakes

I think you are mistaken about the gages. The aftermarket gages go on top of the stock ones, so us that have aftermarket gages dont have the stock ones readily avialiable to scan for you. Closest thing you can get is a pic unless you take out the gage cluster to photo or scan.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by x3nsaZnCL:
<STRONG>Can anyone scan in their original '99 gauges? I don't have a scanner and I was planning on trying to make some custom white-faced gauges that are identical with the italic font and everything. Maybe a few extra custom touches too... It'd be easy to just buy the accord gauges, but I liked how much better the oem style look. So can anyone hook me up with a hi-quality scan?</STRONG>
Why do you want custom guages??? You can just by the after-market ones for like 50-60 bucks. Now a-days you can get the regular indiglos or the new reverse indiglos. You would save a lot of $$$$
Old 08-20-2001, 11:11 PM
CLanty-eyed

Originally posted by Kiljaedoen:
<STRONG>I think you are mistaken about the gages. The aftermarket gages go on top of the stock ones, so us that have aftermarket gages dont have the stock ones readily avialiable to scan for you. Closest thing you can get is a pic unless you take out the gage cluster to photo or scan. </STRONG>
Thanks for clarifying. Soooo...anyone got a hi-quality scan of their gauge cluster??

And yes, although its pretty cheap and hella easier to just buy the gauges, they still look exactly like gauges from an accord. Obviously I wanna do something different... I don't really like the indiglos, too bright IMO. And I wanna keep the green backlighting, so no reverse indiglos either. So I was gonna 'try' to make some overlays thru photoshop and print them on transparency paper...

...the things I think of to stand out from the crowd thats already different from the crowd :p
Old 08-20-2001, 11:15 PM
Burning Brakes

If your the artsy type you could take yours out and paint them if you want that might be easyer.