First Gen CL Parting out - right front wreck. Most all parts available.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Gen CL Parting out - right front wreck. Most all parts available.

Well basically after having my car in nearly show condition, with my new paint job some dumb ass just screws it all up. On my way home today after having bought some brand spakin' new rubber for my rear tires...some idiot cuts me off from the right to pass through three lanes of traffic in one round that forced me to slam on my brakes and defensively I swerved to the right to avoid a rear end. So what happens? I lose complete control of the car, it swerves left then right then left then right until the next thing I know I slam right into the rail guard. No cars were involved just now I have to pay the damages on my vehicle out of my own pocket, and instead of that I'm just parting it out, handing my tag back to the tag agency and start saving until I have enough for another car (cough cough, CL!!! First or Second???? 2nd) But it won't be for awhile. I am just so friggin pissed since that idiot probably had no clue of what happened nor would he have cared. I would cry if I wasn't the masculine type!!! Well, all I can do now is just move on, I could have lost my life if the SUV in the right lane which I swerved into slammed into me. Thank GOD!!! Well, I guess this was venting, and thanks for your tolerance and patience!

Well anyhow read the following and see if you need anything...

Here is info from my sig:

"White '97 Acura 3.0CL (Now High Glosss white with Blue Pearl)

Performance Mods:
-AEM Cold Air Intake (blue)
-Magnaflow 14258 with 35131 Dual tips welded

Wheel & Suspension Mods:
-17" BSA 259 Rims (with modified center cap bearing the Acura "A" logo)
-Front: Pirelli P7000 215/40/ZR17
-Rear: Wanli 215/45/ZR17 Brand Spanking New
-Eibach Pro-Kit
-KYB AGX Shocks
-20mm Front Strut Bar
-20mm Rear Strut Bar

Aesthetics:
-High Gloss white with Frost blue pearl
-Clear Bumper lens (only driver side available)
-Amber bumper lens available, bought new, used for 2 months.
-Rear bumper is molded and shaved.

Lighting Mods:
-Custom H7 Projectors!!! with boosted wattage bulbs. No flow for HID as of yet.
-3440 Amber Dual Filament Turn Signals
-Polarg M-6 18W Hyperwhite Corners
-Remote Controlled Fog Lights

Audio System:
-775W MTX 6500D Mono Amp
-2 10" Kicker CompVR in Custom Box"

All of those parts are all for sale. This car has just been bad luck for me and now instead of having it fixed from my own pocket I'm just parting it out. So if you need anything from the car just say so. I'll accept PayPal as preferred method of payment and money orders if needed.

Basically the hood, front bumper, front right fender, an inch of gold on the grille, and the right passenger headlight are damaged. Everything else goes, make me a REASONABLE offer, and what I'm looking for them may not be much at all. Just give it a try.

I still have the left headlight, one of the upper tabs are broken, one bottom tab is broken but should be able to be mounted. Well, it already has projectors from a VW passat installed and is already blacked out. Anyway it's up for sale.

My mind has been made, this is not one of those test things, this is for real, anything you need will be sold and shipped to you.

My email is jpham@miami.edu if you want to communicate directly.

-James
Old 09-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, I dunno...

Dibs on the shocks, muffler and maybe the strut bars if the price is right... Are you parting the ENTIRE car? If so I would be interested in the grille and maybe a couple stock parts here and there. How many miles on the shocks?
Old 09-19-2003, 05:41 PM
98 3.0 :)

2nd dibs on both the struts, and shocks

and ur rear stock bumper < can i have the bumper for a good price ur car is the stock acura taffera white right can i get that
Old 09-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Racer

Shocks are about a year old and maybe about 10K miles, springs were used so maybe a little more (15K) still holds out great though.

Muffler was just put on about a few weeks ago, to sell that I'll just sell the axle back so you can just do a bolt on.

For the grille you may need to use your current outer trim, the center wing with the A is still intact and in gold, overall except for the scratch on the outer trim the grille is still intact.

And yes I am parting out the whole car or 85% of it.

Make me an offer, the price is right if you think it is right...use your own judgement. My price varies, maybe I'm a moody person but yeah I guess it ranges on my mood . Just kidding, a reasonable offer to you has to be reasonable to me right? I dont have set prices, I probably won't refuse your offer.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Racer

Originally posted by jamesjinlee
2nd dibs on both the struts, and shocks

and ur rear stock bumper < can i have the bumper for a good price ur car is the stock acura taffera white right can i get that
No I'm sorry forgot to mention that I painted it a brighter white with a blue pearl. Also it's shaved so really can't remove it. Sorry! But I can get a black one for you. Name your offer.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:52 PM

since i have to paint it plus shipping cost
and the acura car part website charges 250.oo so can i buy it for like 100.oo ??
Old 09-19-2003, 05:53 PM
Well, I dunno...

Sent you an email... your PM box is full...
Old 09-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Racer

Originally posted by jamesjinlee
since i have to paint it plus shipping cost
and the acura car part website charges 250.oo so can i buy it for like 100.oo ??
I'll have to get back to you on Monday, so I can calculate all costs. I'll get a quote for the bumper cover + shipping and another quote for it painted + shipping.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Racer

Originally posted by tmoth
Sent you an email... your PM box is full...
Yeah, got an email, but it's empty now.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:01 PM

thanks athlonxp..... did i tell you ur the greatest
Old 09-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Intermediate

sorry to read about your situation. At least you're alive right. I think you should save up and get a 2nd gen type S. those drive like a beast.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:30 PM

NEVER CL-P 4 LIFE
Old 09-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Atl/Mia reppin'

Damn those Miami drivers - Good to hear you're ok...good luck with parting out the CL
Old 09-19-2003, 07:01 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

how much for the lights? lenses and all?
Old 09-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Banned

glad to hear u're ok- dibs on the foglights, are they OEM?
Old 09-19-2003, 08:05 PM
Racer

i'm really sorry to hear this. i feel your sadness and anger. i recently lost my cl too, but like you said yourself, all we could do is keep our head up and keep walking - moving on. i'm glad that you are okay. i hope that you have insurance, and it covers you at times like this.

again, i would like express my sympathy for your loss. :*(
Old 09-19-2003, 08:23 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im interested in the -Eibach Pro-Kit and -KYB AGX Shocks

email me pics and prices to jgiguere17@yahoo.com

glad to hear your ok good luck with the car situation but let me know on the stuff

thanks man
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 AM
bam! mad crazy gumby gold

i'll take the visors give me a price.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent you an email yesterday, let me know
Old 09-20-2003, 09:05 AM

hey man if your grill is still ok can you kick it down or i can pay for shipping since it is damaged

also are your projectors still intact? if so let me know

email me some pics too if you can jgiguere17@yahoo.com
Old 09-20-2003, 01:19 PM
Pit Stop?

How much for the intake? Is it still available?
Old 09-20-2003, 05:34 PM
Well, I dunno...

also interested in the headrests if they are a charcoal color... sent you an email yesterday... havent heard anything from ya yet...
Old 09-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

ill take your center wood grain in the console, and the clock and hazard button around there, i have a 97 cl and i wanna do a 99 cl center console conversion, i want all the parts in the center console except the pieces that are beige, cuz i got gray (ill just buy black from the dealer, let me know your prices,
Old 09-20-2003, 07:02 PM
Racer

Hey folks,

Sorry for not getting back to you all. So many inquirers can't get them all at once.

Basically tomorrow, being a Sunday, I'll have some time to take some things apart and have actual pics and I'll also try to come up with a price for the items.

As for the headlights since the majority of the questions seem centered around that. I only have one headlight that is intact with the projector installed (driver's side). This headlight is also blacked out. So basically you would have to find another headlight and have that modified with a projector. I'll see how things go, and when time is available I'll be willing to do the service of installing the projector and blacking it out as well for a reasonable fee.

Today I did some removal of the shock/spring setup and tried to get pics but now there is a minor problem with the front passenger shock but note that the shock can still be adjusted.

When installed, with the factory strut bar in place, the top of the shock's rod contacted the bar and it slightly ruined the thread. So when I tried to unbolt the nut it stripped about 1/8 of the rod/thread off. The slotted dial can still be used to adjust the shock though, and the nut can still be tighten. This acutally would prevent further contact with the strut bar if installed in a 3.0CL though. As for compatibility, the shocks will fit all first gens but the prokits has spring rates for a 3.0.

So I'll sell the set, spring/shocks together with all the boots and sping/shock mounts in place. So basically it will ease your installation time in not having to compress the springs and what not. It will be a direct replacement and a bolt/unbolt kit, so to speak. I'll let sale them for $275 plus shipping. So any takers? I'll have to wait on tmoth first since he had first dibs. But that's what I'm asking. And the shocks do carry a lifetime warranty and basically how this usually works...according to Troy Horn an associate at KYB is...you have the shock analyzed at a KYB authorized dealer to see if it's ruined/leaking/blown, you then purchase a replacement, install it, return the ruined one and once they verify it as defective then you get a credit for it. So your back is covered.

Sorry Katana 18 and others, I no longer have the fogs. They weren't OEM though either, they were H3 Projector fogs. I do have the remote mechanism though the harnesses, the remote, and the switchbox/relay. Basically you would hook up the neg/pos wires of your foglights to this and use the remote to turn them on and off. My projector fogs were damaged. I'll sell the remote control mechanism for $15 shipped. It was a convenient little device.

Minch00, the intake is still available. The filter may need a little cleaning and is slightly dented but this doesn't affect it's performance. Tube is still in like new condition. I'll sell it for $115 shipped.

kub213, the visors? I'll sell those for...how about $40 shipped.

Acurality, I also have the 97 3.0 so it is not the 98-99 center console style with the wood shifter. The wood trim I have is that which goes around the radio and clock only.

And for all to know I have the quartz gray interior I believe. However, the rear ashtray is charcoal (darker), had to get a replacement for that as well!

Well, hope I answered back to everyone's post. But tomorrow I'll have a ton of pics so hope you all have broadband. And again I'll try to come up with prices, really don't know what everything is worth. I'll get some junkyard prices and knock a chunk off of that so everything should be cheap and reasonable and that way neither party gets ripped. Fair enough?

Well peace, and thanks for all your concerns I am glad to be alive but I just wished I could have gotten control of the car again somehow. But wasn't much time to think, only a few seconds from when I hit the brakes to bhamm. I tried releasing the brakes to ease the skidding but guess that didn't help either. Oh well. But again thanks for all of your concerns! Makes me fell all warm and tingly inside! Hehe:P
Old 09-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Well, I dunno...

Thanks for the update - take the time you need... You are doing a favor for a lot of members so we cant be pushy All that matters is that we didnt lose a member!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:35 PM
Racer

Originally posted by athlonxp
Hey folks,

Sorry for not getting back to you all. So many inquirers can't get them all at once.

Basically tomorrow, being a Sunday, I'll have some time to take some things apart and have actual pics and I'll also try to come up with a price for the items.

As for the headlights since the majority of the questions seem centered around that. I only have one headlight that is intact with the projector installed (driver's side). This headlight is also blacked out. So basically you would have to find another headlight and have that modified with a projector. I'll see how things go, and when time is available I'll be willing to do the service of installing the projector and blacking it out as well for a reasonable fee.

Today I did some removal of the shock/spring setup and tried to get pics but now there is a minor problem with the front passenger shock but note that the shock can still be adjusted.

When installed, with the factory strut bar in place, the top of the shock's rod contacted the bar and it slightly ruined the thread. So when I tried to unbolt the nut it stripped about 1/8 of the rod/thread off. The slotted dial can still be used to adjust the shock though, and the nut can still be tighten. This acutally would prevent further contact with the strut bar if installed in a 3.0CL though. As for compatibility, the shocks will fit all first gens but the prokits has spring rates for a 3.0.

So I'll sell the set, spring/shocks together with all the boots and sping/shock mounts in place. So basically it will ease your installation time in not having to compress the springs and what not. It will be a direct replacement and a bolt/unbolt kit, so to speak. I'll let sale them for $275 plus shipping. So any takers? I'll have to wait on tmoth first since he had first dibs. But that's what I'm asking. And the shocks do carry a lifetime warranty and basically how this usually works...according to Troy Horn an associate at KYB is...you have the shock analyzed at a KYB authorized dealer to see if it's ruined/leaking/blown, you then purchase a replacement, install it, return the ruined one and once they verify it as defective then you get a credit for it. So your back is covered.

Sorry Katana 18 and others, I no longer have the fogs. They weren't OEM though either, they were H3 Projector fogs. I do have the remote mechanism though the harnesses, the remote, and the switchbox/relay. Basically you would hook up the neg/pos wires of your foglights to this and use the remote to turn them on and off. My projector fogs were damaged. I'll sell the remote control mechanism for $15 shipped. It was a convenient little device.

Minch00, the intake is still available. The filter may need a little cleaning and is slightly dented but this doesn't affect it's performance. Tube is still in like new condition. I'll sell it for $115 shipped.

kub213, the visors? I'll sell those for...how about $40 shipped.

Acurality, I also have the 97 3.0 so it is not the 98-99 center console style with the wood shifter. The wood trim I have is that which goes around the radio and clock only.

And for all to know I have the quartz gray interior I believe. However, the rear ashtray is charcoal (darker), had to get a replacement for that as well!

Well, hope I answered back to everyone's post. But tomorrow I'll have a ton of pics so hope you all have broadband. And again I'll try to come up with prices, really don't know what everything is worth. I'll get some junkyard prices and knock a chunk off of that so everything should be cheap and reasonable and that way neither party gets ripped. Fair enough?

Well peace, and thanks for all your concerns I am glad to be alive but I just wished I could have gotten control of the car again somehow. But wasn't much time to think, only a few seconds from when I hit the brakes to bhamm. I tried releasing the brakes to ease the skidding but guess that didn't help either. Oh well. But again thanks for all of your concerns! Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside! Hehe:P
Old 09-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Racer

Sorry meant to edit that post not quote it! Hehe And tmoth sent you back a PM. Also, I'm sold to Acura and so far to the CL line. So far I am saving up and hopefully by next year I may be able to purchase a 3.2CLS. So yeah I'm a CL member till the end!!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Racer

Hello all,

The AEM CAI and the Eibach ProKits are taken. Which means the struts will be sold separately. However, tmoth currently has dibs on them.

-James
Old 09-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Intermediate

Is the projector from the broken headlight still intact and if it is are you willing to sell the one headlight and the projector together. Also, did you have leather seats because I need the rear seat if you do. Thanks.Just let me know.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Racer

Originally posted by clforeversj
Is the projector from the broken headlight still intact and if it is are you willing to sell the one headlight and the projector together. Also, did you have leather seats because I need the rear seat if you do. Thanks.Just let me know.
The projector is intact if that's what you're asking but it is bent, I'll straighten it out if you want it. And if so, I will be willing to sell it as you have asked.

As for the leather seats. Yes I do have leather and the rear seats are still available. Name your price and I'll have it removed and shipped out.

Thanks for your interest,
James

*Edit* The bulb holder is missing on this projector though but I'm sure with a little imagination or with epoxy you can mount the bulbs in it. Either way it is available.
Old 09-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Intermediate

Well how much would you want for the projector and the other headlight. As for the leather seats, what color leather is it and is it worn. I really only need the bottom part of the rear seat. Let me know how much you would want for just that if you would be illing to sell it separately. Thanks
Old 09-21-2003, 12:33 AM
Its just a car.

How much for your center console armrest? I need one because mine is falling apart and 100 for an armrest is a ridiculous price. So how much with shipping?
Old 09-21-2003, 03:40 AM
Racer

Originally posted by '97Acura3.0CL
How much for your center console armrest? I need one because mine is falling apart and 100 for an armrest is a ridiculous price. So how much with shipping?
Hello,

Did I ever quote you for $100 for the armrest? If that's your tactic of getting a low price then I don't know what to say. All you have to do is name your price, easy as that but if you insist then...I'll say $30 shipped. If you're asking for the whole half then it may be a little more especially for the shipping factor. If it's for the arm rest - the flap with the leather covering then yeah $30 shipped.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:51 AM
Racer

Originally posted by clforeversj
Well how much would you want for the projector and the other headlight. As for the leather seats, what color leather is it and is it worn. I really only need the bottom part of the rear seat. Let me know how much you would want for just that if you would be illing to sell it separately. Thanks

Clforeversj,

Why can't people just come up with an offer? But again if you insist on a price then for the lights I'll say $300 shipped, consideration must be taken for the fact that alot of work has been put into it and besides VXCL and Ding--- you would be the only other with projectors.

For the seat, I don't know maybe $75 shipped? If you want the the top piece as well I'll ship it together for $115. They are in great condition, no tears, scratches, scuffs. It's in near new condition. The car is a coupe and so no one really sat back there. I'll clean and condition them for you before shipping them out...fair enough?

Get back to me we can always work something out.

-James
Old 09-21-2003, 04:28 AM

athlonxp: what about your grill, and i had dibs on the springs and shocks first i think, but hey how bad was the damage, can you take pics of that too so we can see what kind of damage the parts that were on could have picture of what it could have possibly done to the "tweeking" of the parts ie the springs and struts, also man can i snag you middle trim piece for the wood grain and as well as your grill, all i really need is the balck plastic piece, but you can send the trim too, let me know im serious about buying parts in bulk if we can work out a deal

also would you be willing to sell the extension to your cold air intake and bypass if you have one? i have a hsort ram so no need for the shorty but if you can sell the cold air extension for it if it comes in 2 pieces?

let me know, pm me or email with pics if you can jgiguere17@yahoo.com

thanks
Old 09-21-2003, 08:00 AM
Racer

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
athlonxp: what about your grill, and i had dibs on the springs and shocks first i think, but hey how bad was the damage, can you take pics of that too so we can see what kind of damage the parts that were on could have picture of what it could have possibly done to the "tweeking" of the parts ie the springs and struts, also man can i snag you middle trim piece for the wood grain and as well as your grill, all i really need is the balck plastic piece, but you can send the trim too, let me know im serious about buying parts in bulk if we can work out a deal

also would you be willing to sell the extension to your cold air intake and bypass if you have one? i have a hsort ram so no need for the shorty but if you can sell the cold air extension for it if it comes in 2 pieces?

let me know, pm me or email with pics if you can jgiguere17@yahoo.com

thanks
Actually tmoth had dibs on the shocks/springs first. He was the first to post and the first to email me. Another person emailed me even before tmoth wanting the springs and intake and so far has already paid - so those are sold. And as for the grille, I'll have pics by about 7:00 tonight. Going to take the whole afternoon taking pics and removing things. But so far someone has the grille tied up.

So basically just come up with your list of items, I'll send pics or post whichever, and then we'll see your seriousness in purchasing. You then send payment and the item(s) will be shipped.

-Peace
Old 09-21-2003, 12:29 PM

athlonxp did u check out the rear bumper for me ?
Old 09-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Why cant it be faster?

Ill take the passenger tail light for the right pice, please e-mail me back.
THanks,
Old 09-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

well ill take all of the wood grain you have (doors, dash etc.) pm me with your prices, i want to paint it silver
Old 09-21-2003, 04:11 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

I want any and all of your plastic engine covers that were not damaged. You know the ones inside the bay that cover up the engine. Tell me what you have and lets make a deal like soon.

Quick Reply: First Gen CL Parting out - right front wreck. Most all parts available.