Brought my car to the dealer, wtf???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brought my car to the dealer, wtf???

So i brought my car into the dealer yesterday to have my car checked out b/c it's a bit shaky comign out of first and its a rough shift going from 1-2 adn soemtimes 3....I also said that I heard a knocking sounds sometimes when i was shifting...I also said that I ahev the car covered under warranty.

here's what he told me today:

They had a couple different mechanics look at it and they said the car seems to be shifting normally (bullshit), and that everything seemed to eb fine after the diagnostics ($115 just to diagnose the problem), the only thing they found was that I have a leak in the B-Pipe of my exhaust and it should be changed...Now:

When I bought the car in December, CARFAX stated that in November the exhaust was replaced adn that "suggested maintenance was done". The thign I don't get is that the exhaust has nothing to do with the shifting of the car (at least i think so). The car did seem a bit loud though.

so what will I notice if I get the B-Pipe replaced??? My exhaust IS covered under warranty, so I mine as well just get it replaced for the hell of it, but i dont think the car is going to shift any different....What should I do??? Bring it to a different place that specializes in transmissions and see what they say??
Old 03-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Instructor

Yeah take it to a local transmission shop see what they say.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by qstorm78
Yeah take it to a local transmission shop see what they say.

Thats what I'm going to do after they replace my water pump and timing belt, apparently my exhaust wasnt covered under warranty and the B-pipe will be $530 at the dealer, no thanks.

First they said there's no wya my timing belt and water pump would be covered under warranty b/c its "maintenance" and that my exhaust would prob. be covered...looks like it was the opposite.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,420 Likes on 3,028 Posts
Take it to a tranny shop after you get the exhaust leak fixed under warranty.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:31 PM
V-DUB TECH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say try to find another dealership and definitely get a second oppinion. As a technician in a dealership (not honda/acura), this place sounds like a bunch of clowns from what you say. If there was no check engine light on, they should have waved the $115 diag. charge. My money says all they did was take it around the block, no problems found, have a nice day.

Where i work, if any older model vehicle comes in with a clunk, most times we'll take if for a roadtest (with customer) free of charge. If we hear something that your describing, then we'll charge $105 diag and look at the problemed area. Your diag. charge also gets credited towards the repair.

What you got to do is find another dealer. Call them and find out when they're having an open clinic for free 128 point inspections. Some dealers will just do this to reguardless just to get you to come. Make an apointment and drop it off. Now the dealership is trying to sell you and they'll find anything and everything wrong with the car to get you to spend money. You just have to be smart and look past the bullshit stuff. I bet they find a bad bushing/mount or tie rod.

mike