Body Kit- Step 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 08:48 PM
Evolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Kit- Step 1

I have done all of the research, learned how to fiberglass, installed body kits, but never before done something quite like this. I have been trying, and trying , AND TRYING to get every (or just 1) company to make us a body kit, but they all same the same thing "DRIVE TO CALIFORNIA OR NEW YORK" Well I live in god Damn Granger Indiana. I had APC in the bag, said they would make the kit for free, free paint job and interior work, tour with them EVERYTHING (yeah my car is coming along very nicely, shhh I will show you all when I am done) but then they just fell off the earth, no recent contact. So I have been pissed. And decided the hell with them all. I have my Xenon Side Skirts and wings west front lip, so Its time that I whip my Cls ass into shape. So I bought a bumper from a wrecked car. Its in perfect conditiong.
Promblem one : It's plastic
Solution:Use a Wings West or Xenon rear, they are polyurethane
Problem two: You can't (or can you) mold two pieces of polyurethane together, fiberglass wouldnt blend the two
Solution: Buy a fiberglass rear bumper
Problem three: Fiberglass + polyurethane= diaster.

So for now I have a spare stock bumper. Ready to be split at its middle (with its license plate intact) and I am in search of a bumper to suit it. Does anyone know what Veilside, Kameleon, and Ross did in the past? I have step one done and am in dire need for an answer.

-A-