Been A Year....Still Around On Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Been A Year....Still Around On Here

Sorry if this is against any rules, but I just wanted to mention how it's been a year that I lost my 3.0CL and that I still wanted to thank the CL section of the site for all that I learned to do when I had the car. Had the chance last year to get another 3.0 while I was car-shopping, but with the amount of corrosion, unprofessional body work, and a trans that was on its way out, it wouldn't have been worth it. But the itch to switch some stuff out easily carried over to my I30, which still has some things left before its at about the same level my CL was at (could post a pic but it certainly won't be as I want it for maybe another month or so. especially with it's fugly stock wheels, without the head unit I got last week, or the rear spoiler). I'm still around in Car Talk, and I hope that some day I'll be looking back to the 1st gen CL section to mod another one. And I still lurk on the 1G CL section from time to time to see what you other guys are doing to your cars. And I do miss that VTEC sound with the SRI

Anyway, here's a couple pics I had of my CL I found a few weeks ago. Not to whore it out, I just found them and never posted too many photos on here

Old 04-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Wow that was a nice car. Iced Teal Pearl is a nice color. What did u move on to, and any pics of it?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
What did u move on to, and any pics of it?
I moved onto a 2000 Infiniti I30 (22k miles when I got it last June). I'll see if I can get any decent pics of it tomorrow. My plans for it are listed in my signature, but to reiterate from my last post, looking to get a set of wheels on (which I got courtesy of fellow member RaviNJCLs from his old I35) as soon as the one replacement wheel I ordered off eBay arrives; then get some Continental DWS tires for them. Probably even sooner will be to get my new Pioneer head unit in as soon as I can get a trim piece from an audio supplier my dad knows (hopefully tomorrow). Then hopefully this summer, I'll get some small rust spots fixed, as well as get the OEM spoiler I picked up off craigslist painted (it's currently black, and I have a white car).
Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
One custom CL

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Wow i seen ravi some 8 years ago at some cl meet. Good old times. No mass
Old 04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,463 Likes on 3,057 Posts
Sorry about your CL, she was a beauty
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Not much of a looker at the moment, but these are some current pics of my I30

Odometer reading was probably the biggest reason I got the car, I've put on 13k miles since I got her last June (this pic was taken today)

Current radio setup, to be replaced with a double-DIN Pioneer and an Asian Domestic Market trim piece that has wood from the clock down to the climate control. My dad hates this kit since it isn't a perfect fit and the color is off

And I installed LED taillights

Should have those I35 wheels mounted in about two weeks (I'm taking it to my old high school's auto shop to see how badly a bend in the rear lip of the wheel throw off the balance), since I have to order some Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires and get them delivered, too. Those wheels should help make the car look something more like this:
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I miss my CL too

I know how you feel man, I lost my babe 6 months ago and I still miss her everyday even with the new car around...