Anyone know CFM of 3.0CL Air Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know CFM of 3.0CL Air Intake?

Anyone have any idea at how many cubic feet per minute does the engine take in at wide open throttle? Trying to do some calculations and generating some schematics for Force Induction.

If not, how about a guess from all you technically inclined about motors?

Thanks,
James
Old 10-16-2003, 05:11 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
hmm, that's a tough call/good question. I've never seen it brought up, even over on the old accordv6 board.

what are you trying to figure out? What size turbo to use?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you could give me a heads up on a good sized turbo that should be sufficient. Actually, I'm trying to create something like the vortech supercharger that uses a centrifugal type turbo. So if you could give me a good sized turbo then I'll start from there. I figuring to maybe use a T3 or a T3/T4 hybrid, since by being powered from a belt and pulley system, spool up time would not be as quick as the normal exhaust system. This would be a cheaper alternative to the $4000 comptech for me in my opinion.

I'm still figuring things out though. But CLPower you seem very knowledgeable, let me know what you think. Eventually as the CL, goes out of date I may one day be able to pick up a wrecked CLS 6 speed to do a swap or if not, I'll do a complete swap with the 03 6 speed accords. But only time will tell. My ride has been wrecked 3 times. So as it is I won't be able to sell it and with all my $$$ already invested why not just continue on instead of seeing the ride rotting in the junk yard.

In the meantime I'm considering doing a headlight conversion with a Mercedes C series. I think it will turn out pretty well, who knows will see. Just want to be completely unique and original. No I won't be showing in shows but it will be showy!! Anyhow, comments on this will also be appreciated.

Later.