Anti APC petition

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 03:19 PM
StOHC Automatic Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anti APC petition

if you guys are interested in getting APC off the streets theres a huge petition going on started by a guy on the other board i hang out, and its spreading rapidly. This petition is to get APC rice products off the streets.

http://www.petitiononline.com/tsi/petition.html
Old 07-16-2002, 03:37 PM
The Human Radar Detector

You just became my new best friend down with APC

APC
Old 07-16-2002, 03:47 PM
The Human Radar Detector

Finally think of it no more Saturns with aluminum wings that break and fly off and hit people. No more Neons with blue LED valve caps. No more Kias with LED lit exhaust pipes, no more kids talking about their cool indiglo high performance pedals. No more ghetto ass posser stick on adhesive fake hood pins, No more vaccuum hoses that don't work, no more fart sounding mufflers, etc... etc....
Old 07-16-2002, 03:59 PM
What can I get ya?

APC has the shittiest quality of everything Ive seen. I bought hyper white corner bulbs from them when I first bought my car and they were green. I took them back to exchange them with another brand and looked at the other packages of corner bulbs and they all had different amounts of coating on them. My friend has APC euro tails on his prelude and the chrome in them faded to a manilla color. APC is shit
Old 07-16-2002, 04:04 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
If you guys really want to get rid of APC you should definately do it w/ a better letter. That letter sucks and sounds like it's written by a little kid. No offence but the DOT isn't gonna take it seriously w/ words like "rice" in it. And saying the products are stupid isn't gonna get you anywhere. Your best bet would be to probally go to the BBB and complain about the quality of their products.

State that their products are hazardous to peoples safety. That the taillights that are being recalled are not safe for highway use. Theres really nothing you are gonna be able to do to get rid of them. They aren't the originators of anything they are doing, they are just followers themselves. Everything they make has been done somewhere before.

You aren't gonna get anywhere by saying they are a disgrace to the aftermarket. I don't like any of their products but they sure make a shit load of money selling them to people.

I'm sorry, i just feel your letter is very unproffesional and it looks like the responses are unproffesional too. If you really want to get rid of some of these things, be prepared to give up some of the stuff us "true enthusiasts" like too.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Racer

I gotta say- although i have an APC intake (was the cheapest tube with a filter i could find)... I find it very funny to see somebody with an APC sticker on their car. I actually see this one guy every so often, i think it might be a riced out civic, maybe an accord- i try not to look too hard but he's got APC written across his windshield- too funny.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:12 PM
StOHC Automatic Club

The guy that started this petition had an anti-APC logo along with a link for the petition on his website, and a rep. i guess had found out about it and had e-mailed him about it, trying to charge him for using the logo and what not..here is the original letter he recieved posted from Hondavision.

--------------------------------
Good morning Eric,

APC
Junior Nguyen
Creative Assistant
1-800-594-4272
909-898-9840
909-898-9820 fax
909-324-6039 direct
junior@4apc.net

I have look in my data base and I'm not showing that you are buying from us
(APC).
But I seen that you are using our logo I ask that you take our logo off your
web site and not to us our logo without our permission
I will also forward this to my lawyer to see how long you have been using
our logo and send you a bill for it.
-------------------------------------------

So everyone on our site is either e-mailing this guy ragging on APC and him for being a dickhead, or signing the petition, or both.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:15 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
are those spelling errors in the original email? apc fuckers can't even spell
Old 07-16-2002, 04:23 PM
StOHC Automatic Club

haha yeah, sad but true.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:39 PM
The Human Radar Detector

I am APC executive I hope you are prepare for me company to sue your website:wackit: what a fuckin douchbag
Old 07-16-2002, 04:52 PM
Evolution

I tried bringing up this exact same subject when I saw some kid driving down the road in his 92 bonnevile with a APC sticker in the windshield and a crappy muffler, then I commented on how many rice civics there are out there with the same thing, and the idiots take off there damn hubcaps. But some choad licker on here tried to tell me that I am ricey tooo... damn him. Anyways I think that APC is crap, and the main problem is this fag kids that do this shit... we should deal with them. like put paper on there windshield telling them that a muffler, a wing made of foil and tin, and an APC decal doesnt make there car any faster or cooler. Got Rice? posted the funniest picture of a car a while back with a coffee can for the muffler and a huge wing too...

Sorry for the rambling I just hate these crappy cars....
Old 07-16-2002, 04:54 PM
Instructor

This petition can't be serious, it's the stoopidest letter I have ever read. I agree with ghander, get a better letter if you're serious. Looks like a retarded monkey wrote that letter, NO ONE AT DOT WILL TAKE IT SERIOUSLY.
And really :whocares: if some poor ass kids want to rice out their civics and neons with crap parts. Let them, they'll learn a valuable lesson in product quality. Besides they are the ones driving around with this crap bolted to their cars and looking ridiculous. Just my opinion.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:10 PM
Not Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
"Let rice die out and APC along with it!" This is the ending statement written to the National Highway Transportation Safety Adiministration and Department of Transportation. I will pass on this one.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:36 PM
-iii-(

All your rice are belong to APC...
Old 07-16-2002, 06:51 PM
StOHC Automatic Club

hey i didnt write the letter. so please dont patronize me, im just passing along the information. If youre interested in signing it, cool, if not, then you dont have to.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Instructor

98CL2point3,
No one is patronizing you, don't be sensitive. Consider it "constructive critisizm delivered without tact". The letter does suck though. Consider the target audience: Middle class working men. Think they give a shit about "ugly" parts? Who do you think buys the Pontiac Aztec? Think they know what "rice" is? What "altezzas" are? The letter is from an "enthusiast in the performance automotive community". Middle Class Joe reads this as: "the kids the drive really fast and cut me off all the time".

I know you didn't write the letter...but if you are serious about this issue write your own letter and preset yourself as a concerned driver fearful of these parts flying off the car and injuring others. Petitioning products cuz they are "cheap and ugly" is not gonna be taken seriously. It's a free country and people do buy that ridculously ugly POS Aztec.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:40 PM
StOHC Automatic Club

its ok. i understand, it just sounded like it was directed at me, but yeah, it is a pretty crappy letter, and i highly doubt it will work, but oh well.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:57 PM
One Large Member

Do like I do, when I see people buying APC stuff @ Pep Boys, I just laugh. They are just making my basically stock car look better!

I bought hyper-white 194's for the corner lights....what pieces of light blue crap. The stock yellowish bulbs look better!

Just say no!:thumbsdn:
Old 07-18-2002, 08:02 PM
-iii-(

Originally posted by Bartman
I bought hyper-white 194's for the corner lights....what pieces of light blue crap. The stock yellowish bulbs look better!
and that beautiful color sure fades, doesn't it...
Old 07-19-2002, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Bdog
"Let rice die out and APC along with it!" This is the ending statement written to the National Highway Transportation Safety Adiministration and Department of Transportation. I will pass on this one.
hahahah.. I was thinking the same thing. I'm not even going to sign it with a fake name for fear that I will be associated with such a rediculous letter. I mean, whoever wrote that should be hoping September comes quickly so they can get back to English class for some lessons.
Old 07-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by juniorbean

hahahah.. I was thinking the same thing. I'm not even going to sign it with a fake name for fear that I will be associated with such a rediculous letter. I mean, whoever wrote that should be hoping September comes quickly so they can get back to English class for some lessons.
hahaha I was thinking about doing the same thing. That letter won't do shit even if it got 5,000+ other "ricers" sigs.
Old 07-19-2002, 10:24 AM
24 KARAT

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THIS THREAD. IT'S HILARIOUS - AND I ALSO LIKE GETTING A LAUGH OUTTA THE RICED OUT GHETTO HOPPERS WHEN I SEE THEM ON THE STREET. AS LONG AS I DON'T GET HIT BY A FLYING METAL WING, I'M LAUGHING AT THESE FOOLS!!