amp & sub ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 08:59 AM
fuh-Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amp & sub ?

whassup everyone!
im havin a problem with my stereo
i currently have an amp & 2 10"s hooked up to my stock bose system. the amps power run from battery, grounded in the trunk, remote from bose amp. the amp has a built in line converter, so for that i pulled from the rear speakers.
so heres the problem, friday morn on my way to work everything is workin fine, friday night im leavin work, i dont turn the stereo on right away (for no particular reason) about 15 minutes into my drive home i stop to fill up, when i get done i turn on the stereo, no sound from my subs!? there were no warning signs! i have my amp mounted to the back of my box so i can see it through the middle pull down thing in the backseat. so when i get home i check the amp to see if maybe a fuse blew or something but the amp has power, so now im like shit, tomorrow im gonna have to get back there and check all the wiring! i did that on saturday but to no avail!
it has been somewhat cold hi teens low 20s at night, not sure if this could have caused any problems.
so my question is can anyone shed some light on this, or have any suggestions on what to do next, or check something i left out?
thanks for any and all replies and suggestions

sorry for the long post , didnt want to leave anything out!
Old 01-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Speed is a necessity.

it could be moisture in your amp. its been real cold here too and i noticed some ice on my speaker box the other day. that may be the problem.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:47 PM
fuh-Q

thanks for the reply, but i dont think its been cold enough for that to have happened. i mean down here in jax we get 0" of snow anually! and it hasnt rained for a while either. but i guess anything is possible, if this IS the case is there anything i can do to fix it? i guess my next step will be to take it to a shop and have them look at it.
anyway, keep em comin fellas!