AEM Intake Installation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 05:13 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Intake Installation Problem

I just bought an AEM Cold air intake for my 2.2CL and me and my freind r trying to put it on. We took out everything we need to. The resonator in the fender side was a pain in the ass. But there's this one object we don't know what to do. It has some vacuum line on it and a sensor thing. In the instructions it says something about eliminating it but we're not sure if it means for that part. We are also a little confused about 1 of the 2 long black tubes and where to put it. If anyone has installation instructions or any idea what to do with the part it would be really helpful cuz right now i can't drive my car cuz we took off the stock intake. Sorry but I don't have a picture and i know my description wasn't very good, but the car isnt here, its at his house so im kinda screwed with that.
Thanks
Old 12-18-2002, 07:33 AM
10th Gear

The little plug thing you can just leave un-done. The vacuum line is for when your car needs more air under hard acceleration, it opens that little door on that plastic box for more air flow. What you need to do is take the one-way valve off of the box and hook it up to the vacuum line up by the firewall. I went through the same stuff with my car. My boy at the dealer told me that you need that one way valve so that the vacuum system does not let air back out. Be sure to hook it up the right way. Good luck!
Old 12-18-2002, 07:37 AM
Midnight Marauder

Unplug the little wire clip and just let it hang. Take out All little black boxes in that area. There's a small black box that comes out too. All the vaccuum lines are removed that are attached to the intake stuff and you are left with one little line that comes from the wire tubes along the back of the firewall. You can either cap off this line or tie the line in a knot so that it is sealed off.

Basically, everything that was touching the intake has to go if it looked like part of the intake "system". You'll see that the intake was only really connected to the engine by the intake tube, and a vacuum line. All the other stuff is junk.

Hope this wasn't too vague.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:01 PM
Instructor

No, it wasn't vague. I understand it now. What you described is kinda what we had in mind, but we weren't sure and I don't wanna take any chances cuz this is my first car and i worked 2 years to get it so i want everything to be perfect. thank you so much. ill leave message to tell how everything goes after we put it in.
Old 12-18-2002, 03:30 PM
Instructor

I had the same problem glad to see i am not the only one that didn't see what to do with that. A note it should have came with two hoses you only need the one the other one is for some colant thing if you do a search somebody explained it to me in a thread I started a few months ago.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:02 PM
Midnight Marauder

No problem,
I hit the site halfway through my install 1.5 yrs ago too.

So you say that the white little plug is a 1-way valve?

I just ditched mine. I still have it, anyone think I should put it on? My line is completely capped off. Never had any problems with it or the engine.