Acura cl color choice

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002 | 10:29 PM
Advanced

Acura cl color choice

Whats up everyone. Im a new member, have been viewing acura-cl.com for a while now, and have learned a lot. I don't yet own a first gen cl, but plan on purchasing one soon. Please tell me what you guys think of the primrose mist color. I think its a good color, but when looking at cl's today, my friend thought it looked kind of lame because of the purplish tint to the color. Anyways, please tell me what you think. Also, do you think the first gen cl's look better, or a 98-2002 accord coupe? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2002 | 10:39 PM
Daaaamn Gina

i can't really comment on that colour because i can't even recall what it looks like...but i will say that i like the CLs a lot more than the accord v6 coupes. i guess i just don't like the back end of it.
Old 01-05-2002 | 10:46 PM
A-CL Post Whore w/N2O

Primrose Mist is a cool color, but I prefer the darker colors (like mine).

I believe that the 1st gen CL looks much better than the '98+ Accord Coupes. The CL has a smoother flow to the design. The Accord is harsher, more chiseled look.
Old 01-05-2002 | 11:50 PM
Advanced

C'mon people

Let me know what you think of the primrose mist color for the cl, and the 1998+ accord coupe body style vs. first gen. cl body style.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2002 | 12:08 AM
1st gen CL ROCKS!!!

I think you're talking about the silverish color, right?
If so, check mine out (pics in the signature below).

I would definitely agree that the CL looks much much better than the accord coupe. When I totalled my first CL, I thought about replacing it with the accord coupe. But after test drove one, I like the CL better. Not only the exterior is more classy and unique, the interior is alot better too.

Though, the tighter steering and the look of the accord coupe give you a more sporty feel.
Old 01-06-2002 | 12:14 AM
1st gen CL ROCKS!!!

Here is a pic of the back: link

Also, I like the side view of the CL much much more than the accord coupe. However, I would say the front of the accord coupe is a bit better.
Old 01-06-2002 | 02:55 AM
Atl/Mia reppin'

Hey, check out this website: www.dohccorp.com

SpeedAuraCl's car is on there, and its primrose mist (or close to it). I think Sumkidwithacl is also the same color...here's a link for pics of his ride:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lg_guy394...+Freak&.view=t

I think its a pretty tight color personally, its different and light, without being feminine.

I like the 98-2002 Accord body better personally, but two words come to mind though I love the accord...."Played out". Get something that fits your personality though, you'll enjoy it more in the long run
Old 01-06-2002 | 04:05 AM
Thats my Girl!!

Far as the color goes... i dont really like that color because of the purple tint color you mentioned...

but its all up to you... if you like it GET it....

and as far as the body style goes... my girlfriend has 2001 accord..

but i like my CL better... and plus no one really has CLs...

and if i liked accord, i would of got accord!! they are nice cars but i perfer my CL anyday!!!
Old 01-06-2002 | 06:16 AM
Instructor

I was planning on getting a 98 accord or a cl as well. I chose the cl and I have not looked back. The cl is much classier and there aren't that many around so you don't look like everyone else. Don't get the primrose. The pinkish silver looks kinda..............
Black is the best.
Old 01-06-2002 | 08:34 PM
Intermediate

I have the green color, manily because it was my dad's car for a while. If I could choose the color, I would go with BLACK. There isn't a color that looks better with a couple coats of wax I think.
Old 01-06-2002 | 08:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by dustbuster4
Primrose Mist is a cool color, but I prefer the darker colors (like mine).

I believe that the 1st gen CL looks much better than the '98+ Accord Coupes. The CL has a smoother flow to the design. The Accord is harsher, more chiseled look.
yeah.. primorse mist baby...

here's what he's talking about.
Old 01-06-2002 | 09:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Personally, I love having the primrose mist metallic. I've read several places that silver has been the most popular color for new cars the past few years, so primrose mist looks a little different but still keeps a high resale value because lots of people like it.

As for Accord vs. CL, I guess I just see Accords all over the place. If Acura had never produced our CL I would like it just fine, but the smooth roundedness of the CL is far superior in my eyes.