View Poll Results: Would you buy a kit for your CL if it was available?
YES, Hell ya i've been waiting for this
65.38%
NO, I can't afford it but it looks interesting
34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

1st gen kit from Andy's Auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 03:36 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1st gen kit from Andy's Auto

Attention all members,

I talked today with the guy that runs Andy's Auto. I talked to him and told him that if there was a kit that was made for the 1st gens that I could bring him 10-15 customers. Here's the hitch, we need pre orders for the kit, but heres the other catch, WE GET TO HELP DESIGN IT!!!!

This is where I need the help from all you Photoshop experts. I want to make a kit that looks clean and that is not too aggressive but still stands out. I have been told about the buddy club kit but i think thats a little too much. I want to incorpoate the lip and a design into the bumper. I have looked at some but i tlaked to him about making a full kit, that means sides, front and rear bumpers. Also i was tlaking to him about a custom hood scoop . I need scoop designs!

I NEED ANY AND ALL DESIGNS THAT LOOK GOOD AND WILL WORK FOR THE CL!!!

Remember to place the kit on a cl so the guy at Andy's Auto and I can help pick the right one that will work for the car. This is no joke. I will have a kit by this summer for the 1st gens, it is inevitable, but we need customers. If he got pre-orders for the kit and you put a down payment on the kit you might be able to get it a little cheaper since this is the 1st one ever made and it will set the path for the future kit for the cl in the future. PM me or email me at jgiguere17@yahoo.com with all your designs. NOTE: IF YOUR FILE IS BIG I WOULD LIKE YOU TO EMAIL IT SINCE MY PM WONT HOLD VERY MANY FILES SINCE THE LIMIT ON SIZE HAS DROPPED TO 1 BYTE

Hope to see some awsome kits and designs from all you members out there, every design will be looked at it and evaluated.Hey we might take a part of your design and some from another to make a one of a kind kit but you never know. Good luck and hope to hear from you all soon
Old 01-23-2003, 04:09 PM

this is no joke we will have a kit by this summer if i get the demand for it
Old 01-23-2003, 04:19 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i am souped, and love the idea. Depending on the price, under 1g, i could be down. Design wise, i cant help out too much.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn that sounds awsome. heres a suggestion how about the rear end that is similar to the 98-02 Black widow kit. Sides?? dont know anything clean without all that extra curves to it. Who ever it was that posted a blue cl has the idea kinda right. The side skirts and the rear is on point but the front i think looks terrible. Front end that doesnt look too gaudy hmmm maybe like VeilsideCls looks good but sticks out tooo much in the front. I hope that helps i know its all over the place but i tried.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:23 PM
Banned

i would prolly be in to buying too
Old 01-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Racer

yeah i dont want it to look too aggressive too...i want like a clean look to it but i got no art skills so good luck to the designers...i give them major props..depends on the outcome of the style and i will buy into it
Old 01-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Pimpin with style

I could be in if the price is right, and I like the idea of designing a kit, I wish I was good at designs but..., but I do have a question, I have dual exhaust, will this kit be able to have my duals and not look out of place??
Old 01-23-2003, 08:02 PM

we will try to accompany everythig into the kit. i also am getting dual exhaust so i will need the extra spot for the muffler but i think for the people that dont there will not be any difference but i will try to make it work for everyone. remember i need designs, you dont have to design it but i need pictures of what you like. pictures are key i want to make this kit under a grand cause i know a lot of us on here are broke but i want to make it affordable at the same time. I NEED PICTURES!!!! if you like the scoop from one picture, send it to me, you like the bumper from another, send it to me, you get eh picture. i need desighns you do not have to make them but i need some so when i go meet with their designers i need something to go from and i need some looks that will make the kit stick out on the cl but still look clean
Old 01-23-2003, 08:57 PM
Work safe avatar bish :D

how bout one like veilsidecl? his looks pimp, but not too aggressive
Old 01-23-2003, 09:52 PM
Pro

if we sign up now do we get a discount when it's made?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:44 PM
WTB 19s RH C3s or others

how much is the down payment going to be and who do we pay it to, how do we know its not a hoax?
Old 01-23-2003, 11:54 PM

you would be paying it to his business not me, just to let you know. the down payment will secure you a kit. i dont kow how much it will cost but i want it to be under a grand, since most aggressive kits are over a grand, we want one less aggressive but stands out. the downpayment i dont know how much but i think like 20% or so i dont know thats a estimate. i will keep you all posted i meet with him the first week in feb during my break. i will have some sort of design be then when i get back, he is located in milpitas no sf, so its a little closer. I NEED PICTURES STILL. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT LOOKS INTERESTING OR THAT WE CAN USE> ALSO IF YOU LIKE VEILSIDES KIT GET ME PICS OF THAT TOO I NEED ALL AND EVERYPICS THAT YOU HAVE SO I CAN SHOW THEM.

i am not kidding when it comes about ths kit it will be done by this summer and i will have the first sned me picstures to jgiguere17@yahoo.com
Old 01-24-2003, 12:03 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Hey i was just messing around with adobe. This is a rough, emphasize ROUGH, sketch. I am also a hue fan of the veilside kit, but u know its not right to copy. I keep kinda the same lines. Tell me what you think.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/rhodycl/v...c=ph%26.view=t
Old 01-24-2003, 02:11 AM

try to clean it up a little better than that with the design, remember were dealing with professionals but hey we are a car club and we arent professionals either but try to do you best

ding069: good design but it needs to look like its a part of the car and try it on a different pic and hey take a bumper off a website instead of doing your own and mold it onto your pic of your car
Old 01-24-2003, 06:22 AM
Pimpin with style

I like vailside, something along those lines, I wish I could draw u something up, but...
Old 01-24-2003, 07:28 AM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Just a warning, the chances of you getting 10 much less 15 orders (especially pre) is slim. This has come up before and people say they are down until it comes to putting the money "down" and then they back out. Sorry just wanted to let you know in case you havent noticed before, it has happened on multiple group buys
Old 01-24-2003, 08:23 AM
05 STi White/Gold

i would be interested as well, depending on the price of course. the grand include just the kit, excluding paint and everything else right? if so, how much would the rest cost? paint and installation? i also like the front and sides of the veilside kit. the back, i think we can do better.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Atl/Mia reppin'

Anyone try getting Ron Dog in the Photoshop Forum to help out? He's pretty much the grand puba of photoshop on the board...

It will be tough to get enough people to commit when it comes to throwing down the cash, but take things one step at a time. We all love VeilsideCL's kit, but try to be respectful of all his hard work and not carbon copy it
Old 01-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Banned

whoa whoever put that sketch man not to big in the front please
Old 01-24-2003, 03:11 PM
Burning Brakes

im from SF, but not really interested in getting a kit, but i'd be glad to help with any in person situations that you guys need, or take pictures with a digicam, haha, just tell me if ya need
Old 01-24-2003, 04:04 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

its bullshit. i soo want to belive this. but last summer we had a push for a kit we needed over 10 memebers; and we got like 12. then we never heard form the guy that said that he had the deal again. it never happened. it was some dude that had a buddy club 2 kit in the works. but hey if it comes out and looks good and is no more than like 800 bucks or so for the kit; i'm in.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:09 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

PS; if its like ding069's photoshop i'm hella out. thats too big and too crazy. the Veilside's CL is almost too crazy, its not but its like the limit of agreessiv that i'll be in for. PS; 20% of 800 is 160. i've got a check for 160 to anyone that can show me a final look (EXACTLY what it will look like on the car and i like it) and if that 800 includes shipping.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:27 PM

97acuracl: you dont know what your talking about. i have personally went down to their shop and talked to the guy. if you dont know what you are talking about, and i think you dont cause your not involved in this kit setup, i am getting one done for myself and i want to get it mass produced by andy's auto. i am paying for mine. it will be nothing like veilsides or ding's, it will be my own. i want to incorpoate the lip into it cause i like the bottom flare. the guy last summer did not follow through and did not get things going. i have the guy who owns the shop personal cell phone number and i have meet with hima bout this already and it will be done by the end of the summer as well as my new paint job, titanium silver like the is300 and a hint of red.

this will not be an aggressive kit it will be something original and taken from many kits. i want to make it a one of a kind. i will try to get this up and rollin soon. i have a meeting the first week on feb with their designers to help make a layout of what it should look like, a sketch to be exact. IT WILL NOT BE AN AGGRESSIVE KIT!!!

this will be smooth and clean and NOT RICEY. i hate RICERS!!! i want a kit that will make the cl stand out, as well with the kit they are taking off my rain gutters on top and molding them into the care and also getting rid of the door guards on the outside. it will run me about 2k for everything since i am the first and i will make the the pictures for the shop as well as for their catolog. this is NO BULLSHIT!! i will have this kit by this summer if not by chritmas cause my uncle is doing the paint job. so be prepared to see the new cl look and i want then to try to make me a spoiler like the sema spoiler that is just a trunk spoiler. i want to mass produce the trunk spoilers cause i know many people want the trunk one for the 1st gens, there is one for the 2nd gen but not the 1st and i will be the first to get it.

I STILL NEED PICTURES AND I NEED THEM SOON ASAP!!!!

send them to jgiguere17@yahoo.com
Old 01-24-2003, 06:06 PM
Racer

Has this been stickied yet?
Old 01-24-2003, 09:49 PM

no i wish it could though
Old 01-25-2003, 10:48 AM

i need pics
Old 01-26-2003, 12:47 PM

bump
Old 01-26-2003, 01:12 PM
WTB 19s RH C3s or others

sticky this? it seems important enough for most of us right?
Old 01-26-2003, 01:18 PM
10th Gear

are we talkin about andy's auto sport here? If so, no one buy anything from there, they are idiots and thier kits are junk. I know from experience. Just a thought. Thanx~!
Old 01-26-2003, 04:32 PM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Originally posted by 97Acura3.0CL
97acuracl: you dont know what your talking about. i have personally went down to their shop and talked to the guy. if you dont know what you are talking about, and i think you dont cause your not involved in this kit setup, i am getting one done for myself and i want to get it mass produced by andy's auto. i am paying for mine. it will be nothing like veilsides or ding's, it will be my own. i want to incorpoate the lip into it cause i like the bottom flare. the guy last summer did not follow through and did not get things going. i have the guy who owns the shop personal cell phone number and i have meet with hima bout this already and it will be done by the end of the summer as well as my new paint job, titanium silver like the is300 and a hint of red.

this will not be an aggressive kit it will be something original and taken from many kits. i want to make it a one of a kind. i will try to get this up and rollin soon. i have a meeting the first week on feb with their designers to help make a layout of what it should look like, a sketch to be exact. IT WILL NOT BE AN AGGRESSIVE KIT!!!

this will be smooth and clean and NOT RICEY. i hate RICERS!!! i want a kit that will make the cl stand out, as well with the kit they are taking off my rain gutters on top and molding them into the care and also getting rid of the door guards on the outside. it will run me about 2k for everything since i am the first and i will make the the pictures for the shop as well as for their catolog. this is NO BULLSHIT!! i will have this kit by this summer if not by chritmas cause my uncle is doing the paint job. so be prepared to see the new cl look and i want then to try to make me a spoiler like the sema spoiler that is just a trunk spoiler. i want to mass produce the trunk spoilers cause i know many people want the trunk one for the 1st gens, there is one for the 2nd gen but not the 1st and i will be the first to get it.

I STILL NEED PICTURES AND I NEED THEM SOON ASAP!!!!

send them to jgiguere17@yahoo.com
Dude chill, he was just pointing out the fact that people may not want to get hyped up about this untill everything is settled. He is right, there was someone this summer who got something like this going and spoke to the owners and everything. Then the guy just kind of dissapeared. I am not saying hat this won't happen, just that I am going to wait to get excited untill you guys start taking orders, then maybe I might be in on it. Try not to take what he said personal. He is somewhat right though. But no matter what, props for trying.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:56 AM
1SlowCL

pics

sup 97acura3.0cl.. did you get the pictures that I sent you through your email? thank man... keep us updated..