help with sound set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with sound set up

hello i have a 06 tl and it is stock it is non navi and i wanted to know what size speakers can i go with without having to mess with the factory grills for front and rear and the factory sub that is in the the rear what size is that and how would i go about getting rid of it also im am going to put in 2 jl w6 12 what amp should i use and what door and rear deck speakers should i go with please include size...im really looking forward in doing all of this just want to get some more advice from those that have already done these mods
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blah blah blah blah. for crying out loud "Do people ever read anything anymore?"

and not only you djsandhu420... so do not take it personaly.

do you people ever read? or you want everything to be given to you? why the heck do you bother to register to a forum with out reading the content.

I have read every thread and I know by heart what size speakers goes into the tl. why the heck can you not do the same?

yes this is my 1st post.... I am tired of reading same crap over and over again.

do yourself a favor and use the search function.... it might actually be very informative.

sorry mods, if I get kicked or banned then so be it. I rather get kicked then reading another post on what size speakers will fit a 2004 - 2008 TL or what will make it soind so great.....

well to be total honest money will make it sound great....if you have have money to burn then it will sound incredible..... speaker size who cares if you have money anything is possible. heck you can even put a Morel Elate 9" into the front door. but takes either cash or you can fabricate yourself. rears heck lets go with the 10" for mid bass.... oh did we ran out of money? hmmm wait a sec we did not even got to the pwer amps yet.....

yeah like I said above do a search and read what will fit our cars...

by the way here is another tip:
there are quite a few websites that sell audio gear that have a fitment guide for all the automobiles perhaps you can even search for that?

any how I am done. stay cool and search....
Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here are my recommendations:

Go to your local Pep Boys and pick up some Jensen speakers for your doors. You'll want the 6x9's. To install them, just take an Xacto and run it along the grill, and the speaker pops right out. Then just put the new one in *make sure you use plenty of twist-ties to keep that motherfucker secure*.

The sub is a real PITA, some people take their seat out and shit, i recommend just using the same method as on the doors - with the Xacto you can cut out the factory grill and drop the new ones right in. Remember the twist ties.

Now you're asking what is going to happen with the factory grills? well, they don't look as good as the Jensen ones, do they? so just super glue the jensen grills on top, you might have to cut away a little to make it fit.

The sub in the back - I recommend any of the ones from Wal-mart (especially if they're neon blue lighted) or if you wanna save some cash, try ebay. You want a 12" for that back deck. The great think about the TL is since it's an expensive car, you can drop anything you want in there, and it will sound so good, you shit will stop stinking.

If you wanna get some extra juice out of all your new shit, you might want to consider running bigger wires. Some people rip up the carpet and door sills and risk breaking the clips and stuff... I recommend just drilling a hole thru the bottom, and running the wires under the car. Don't worry, if you use conduit, they will be completely safe! (that's an industry insider thing, the pro installers do it all the time)

While you're down there might as well install your neon tubes. Since you've got speaker wire down there, it's pretty simple to set it up so the neon glows with the music. Bad-ass!!

So that's pretty much it. Trust me, do what I say and Trick My Ride will be breaking their necks to get you on their show!!

Oh, and don't forget to post your DIY and pictures after you're done!

Peace out.

Seriously. Just Search.